No fastpasses available today?

WendyTinkerbell

Also, I had looked into changing my FP+ time for TSMM the night before, and it was listed as "standby". That means that even if you had a FP+ for the ride, you would not be able to change the time at all that day. This does decrease the flexibility of the system that once all the FP+ are booked, you may not be able to make the changes you would like to your schedule.

Bairstow

So this is a problem unique to Midway Mania and Soaring Over California, then?

I haven't heard of anything like this happening at Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom.

Pixie VaVoom

I haven't heard of anything like this happening at Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom.

I can't speak for Magic Kingdom, but Animal Kingdom does not have any rides WORTH fussing over !!! The Yeti does not even work!!!

ExtinctJenn

This is kind of true without FP+ getting in the middle though too you have to remember. The past 3 trips we've made it was impossible to get a FP for TSM or Soarin' (and that was during "off peak").

mufasa0505

We were really aggravated during our trip earlier this month. Our resort started the test during our trip, so we did not use the bands. Lines for Pirates & HM were 35+ minutes all week. I asked the CM at Pirates how I could get a FP for Pirates without MB and she said "you can't. You can go to guest relations to complain." The lines at GR locations were out the door all week. I do not like my vacation micro-managed. I can stay at work for that.

mmouse

During our stay last week one thing I noticed is that at MK the HM and POTC had almost no one coming through the FP+ line. There were a few here and there but almost no one. We went on each of these at least a dozen times.

I did see waits longer then 30 minutes but in these cases I did not see FP+ a major factor. My wife and I both wanted to blame FP+ but couldn't. We are well aware of the fact that once this goes live for everyone this will no longer be the case.

A few times we were allowed to bypass the graveyard at HM through a gate located right behind the FP+ line.

merry68

I believe if you had Magic Bands before (i.e. if you tested) you didn't also have a KTTW card nor access to paper FP... so not really "new." Though that said, as I understand it, the ultimate goal is there won't be any paper FPs period. Once the system is full-live, the paper dispensers will be removed from the park and those with a non-resort guest ticket will touch their RFID enabled ticket to the electronic kiosks and be presented with return time options (and then simply remember them or associate your ticket with an MDE account). I may be wrong but gosh I've read an awful lot on the topic and that seems to be the general consensus. :)

We just "tested' last weekend and had the Silly MBs and were given KTTW, we stayed at the Contemporary.

I do realize that eventually paper FPs will be removed.. the big question is When. I think it's gonna be a cluster of chaos once the paper FPs are finally removed- folks are still having tech glitches with the SillyMBs. We didn't have any tech glitches when we used our SillyMBs, but we only wore them when needed as they bothered our wrists.

And yes, we did double dip. Only a handful of times during our stay.

merry68

I noticed the same thing with TSM, we don't do Soarin so I never checked that, and well, we skipped AK this trip so yea, and we were only in MK for MNSSHP.

TSM was available for me to change from my 11am time to a much later time of day, like almost park closing, and then it went to showing Standby only on the day we were in DHS.

In fact I don't think I saw any other Standby come up on our MDE during our stay, except for TSM.

CTXRover

Truly loving the magic bands and FP+. We've had a completely positive experience thus far since arriving on Monday. I'd be happy to elaborate after our vacation is over, but have faced none of the challenges or obstacles detailed in any thread about Mymagic+ or FP+.

I can see though that there are no FP+ for TSM for Fri, Sat and Sun. The next available day is Monday, which is obviously a legitimate concern.. That said, we didn't have that problem with Soarin' today when we changed our plans to go to Epcot at 4:30pm and booked FP+ for 7:50-8:50, plus one for TT at 6:50-7:50 at that time.

Right now though, it seems there are a lot more guests than not that have magic bands on in the park. Was also fun to see several guests at Universal yesterday with the bands on :)

Last edited:

ParentsOf4

I can see though that there are no FP+ for TSM for Fri, Sat and Sun. The next available day is Monday, which is obviously a legitimate concern.. That said, we didn't have that problem with Soarin' today when we changed our plans to go to Epcot at 4:30pm and booked FP+ for 7:50-8:50, plus one for TT at 6:50-7:50 at that time.
For popular attractions, demand far exceeds supply. Once MagicBands are fully deployed, it will be difficult to switch times for popular attractions. It will be like booking an ADR at CRT or a DVC room at BCV on short notice; you'll need some luck, meaning a last minute cancellation.
Was also fun to see several guests at Universal yesterday with the bands on :)
:jawdrop:

Iger and Rasulo will not be happy about that! The whole point of FP+ was to keep guests onsite. If there are a groups of WDW guests actually wearing their MagicBands at Uni, then just imagine how many are there not wearing their MagicBands. Even worse, just imagine how many will flock to Uni once Diagon Alley opens this summer.

With the opening of Diagon Alley coming this summer, MagicBands could become MagicBombs!

Rob562

Gee, I wonder what's going to happen if TSM goes down and everyone holding FP+s for that time frame gets their FP canceled. What then? I guess they are outta luck and I wouldn't be surprised if some adult truly melts down over it.

As peter said, that's not how it works. FP+ that fall during a closure can be used anytime the rest of the day, just like paper FP's do now. Nothing additional to do, you just wave your Band/Card at the entrance and enter.

In fact, the new system is more flexible and more informative than paper FP's. When a ride goes 101, the manager can project how long the closure will be. Anyone whose FP+ reservations fall in that period get it set to "Return at any time after it reopens". They're also informed of the closure via the app and/or email so if they're across the park they might actually find out that the ride is currently closed before wasting time walking across the park like you do now.

They're also given the choice to either return to the attraction later, or it gives them a list of other FP+ attractions that they could just walk up and use their Band/Card to enter with no additional input needed.

I had a paper FP for Peter Pan back in June. The ride broke down just as we approached the FP Return entrance. It never reopened the rest of the day, so we were SOL. (Though perhaps if we'd pressed the matter with a manager or a CM at the FP Return at another attraction they may have allowed us to use the FP at another attraction, but the FP+ system is set up to handle all that automatically)

-Rob

ParentsOf4

That is not how it works.
If a ride breaks down, guests will be notified via their smart phones and offered alternative attractions. Given how few good attractions there are at DHS, a breakdown at TSM means that a lot of guests will be offered 2nd or 3rd tier attractions, or could simply choose to wait, hoping the attraction comes back on line later.

This is not a problem created by FP+. Epcot, DHS, and DAK simply don't have sufficient ride capacity to satisfy guests with FP/FP+ if a 1st tier attraction breaks down. Again, it's nothing new. They have the same problem today with FP.

Epcot, DHS, and DAK need E ticket attractions, not MagicBands.

Last edited:

stlphil

For popular attractions, demand far exceeds supply. Once MagicBands are fully deployed, it will be difficult to switch times for popular attractions. It will be like booking an ADR at CRT or a DVC room at BCV on short notice; you'll need some luck, meaning a last minute cancellation.

:jawdrop:

Iger and Rasulo will not be happy about that! The whole point of FP+ was to keep guests onsite. If there are a groups of WDW guests actually wearing their MagicBands at Uni, then just imagine how many are there not wearing their MagicBands. Even worse, just imagine how many will flock to Uni once Diagon Alley opens this summer.

With the opening of Diagon Alley coming this summer, MagicBands could become MagicBombs!
Excellent point about Iger and Rasulo. Can someone please explain to me how FP+ was expected to keep people on site (as opposed to just picking further in advance which days to go off site). If I'm forced to do more advanced planning, I'm actually more disposed to specifically include a Uni visit in said planning than if I'm just winging it like before where I may decide not to bother.

draybook

I've done a lot of complaining about Fastpass over the years, but this really points to them needing new attractions in this park. Not building the Monster's Inc Coaster a few years ago has set that park back significantly.

It was like that, although not quite as long, during our trip last month. 60-80 minute stand-by wait times but the queue line would be half empty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom