NextGen / FP+ / Magic Band. The official truth starts to appear

prfctlyximprct

Dude you can do that now. There aren't that many strollers. I got to TSM just fine this past week. And I didnt even run. I just walked normally.

And even with your logic.. The ride is so popular with the littles you'd be in danger of being trampled no matter the time of day *rolls eyes*

But I get it, you are super dee super excited for FP+

Being trampled by the little ones is totally ok with me, but their parents with strollers is another story!!

Computer Magic

Dude you can do that now. There aren't that many strollers. I got to TSM just fine this past week. And I didnt even run. I just walked normally.
You must mean by going first thing in the morning. By around 10am there is at least a 60 minute wait and by mid day all FP are gone with a min 110 min wait.

The cut off for my wait on any ride is 30 minutes. Which is why I missed TSM the entire week I was there.

bubbles1812

You must mean by going first thing in the morning. By around 10am there is at least a 60 minute wait and by mid day all FP are gone with a min 110 min wait.

The cut off for my wait on any ride is 30 minutes. Which is why I missed TSM the entire week I was there.
Yes you go first thing in the morning. It takes about two minutes to get to the ride after park opening as it isnt a far walk and there really weren't many strollers. Get a Fastpass first, (my return was 9:45 to 10:45), ride the ride once right then and there, and then go do something different. Maybe I was just lucky but they let people into the parks a 20 minutes early... But it seemed like a fairly regular occurrence and no it was not EMH for DHS that morning. So I actually road TSM before the park technically opened. Was able to get down to Tower of Terror before it opened at nine. Road it twice. Was able to fast pass it for a return of 11:30 after I came out the second time (their fast passes do not go near as fast and the standby line doesn't get long as quickly which is why ToT was second and not first on my list), ride RnC (line hadn't gotten that long yet and all you have to do is go in the single rider line to get on in 5 minutes... Not exactly like you are paying attention to anyone else in your group on that ride anyways), and then return for my second ride on TSM.

The way I managed the parks, I waited no more than 20 minutes for any ride the entire 5 days I was there. I love Disney but I do not think any of their rides are worth waiting a ridiculously long time for. TSM both times I was on in less than 5 minutes. Going first thing in the morning is the best way to actually get on rides. I can nap in the afternoon during the peak crowd (12-3) time and my trips are a much more enjoyable experience for it. If you are the type that likes to sleep in, that is certainly your right, but I don't feel sympathy for people that can't ride TSM or any of the rides that get long waits without waiting a long time if they don't want to get up early one day.

That apparent magical sweet spot of getting on nine attractions in a day to not feel like it is a waste of money certainly isn't my number... 15 to 20 at least if I'm spending a full day in a park, and generally I want to be in the 20+ range. And I usually do manage that if I'm spending a full day at a park. *shrug*

Tom

Beta Return
All of a sudden I got this flash thought of how with this 60 day FP reservation it is going to be hard to justify showing up late for your window time when you had 1441 hours to get there. :D

Hey, a number of my dining reservations are made 4,320 hours in advance. I'm able to travel 1,100 miles from my house to my Disney Resort successfully, using my car, then a shuttle, then a plane, then the MCO tram, then DME.....but Disney still manages to get me to my ADRs late no matter how many hours (or days) in advance I get in queue for one of their modes of transportation.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but there's been mention of kiosks around the parks for updating fp+ etc. Has anyone seen these kiosks being installed anywhere?

Computer Magic

Hey, a number of my dining reservations are made 4,320 hours in advance. I'm able to travel 1,100 miles from my house to my Disney Resort successfully, using my car, then a shuttle, then a plane, then the MCO tram, then DME.....but Disney still manages to get me to my ADRs late no matter how many hours (or days) in advance I get in queue for one of their modes of transportation.
Disney transporation keeps getting worst. I hate those new bus seat designs where you have less seats. The seats are sideways so more strollers and scooters can fit, which leaves move guest standing.

Tom

Beta Return
Disney transporation keeps getting worst. I hate those new bus seat designs where you have less seats. The seats are sideways so more strollers and scooters can fit, which leaves move guest standing.

We had a rental car when we were down there in May, because we were there for a Convention. It was the first time I'd driven on property since the early 2000's. It was actually kinda nice, but without being familiar with WDW navigation, it took all week to actually get from Point A to Point B without backtracking or making a U-Turn, lol.

But yes, WDW bus transportation is downright awful.

Computer Magic

We had a rental car when we were down there in May, because we were there for a Convention. It was the first time I'd driven on property since the early 2000's. It was actually kinda nice, but without being familiar with WDW navigation, it took all week to actually get from Point A to Point B without backtracking or making a U-Turn, lol.

But yes, WDW bus transportation is downright awful.
I think you sumed up why we still use the transportion. We instead stay at a Epcot resort where we only need the bus for MK and AK. And we actually walk through Epcot to get to the MK monorail as it is faster.

stevehousse

I think driving around Disney is just fine if you follow the sign with one exception! To get to the monorail resorts you have to be in the very right lane and there are no signs until you get too close and you are now in the left side and its impossible to get over! We had to circle the parking lot and then go out and go all the way down he road and its vey far to be able to turn around lmao...

Tom

Beta Return
I think driving around Disney is just fine if you follow the sign with one exception! To get to the monorail resorts you have to be in the very right lane and there are no signs until you get too close and you are now in the left side and its impossible to get over! We had to circle the parking lot and then go out and go all the way down he road and its vey far to be able to turn around lmao...

I think I'm just used to Indy where they actually put up the green (purple in Disney's case) signs miles in advance, so you have time to be in the far right (or left) lane when you need to be, in order to exit. WDW isn't quite big enough to offer this luxury, and I've been caught in several situations where I need to be about 3 lanes over....or I'm in an "Exit Only" lane all of a sudden.

I like the mindlessness of using the WDW system, but I hate the fact that it's RUN by mindless people too.

Goofyernmost

I am too, most excited about the idea that I may not have to even carry my wallet in the parks.
I'd wait until it has had a few years of faultless application before I would take that chance. You need to be sure that you can pay for lunch, gifts or, for that matter, even have a quick ID and perhaps a medical insurance card. Life does not completely revolve around WDW.

freediverdude

I think I'm just used to Indy where they actually put up the green (purple in Disney's case) signs miles in advance, so you have time to be in the far right (or left) lane when you need to be, in order to exit. WDW isn't quite big enough to offer this luxury, and I've been caught in several situations where I need to be about 3 lanes over....or I'm in an "Exit Only" lane all of a sudden.

I like the mindlessness of using the WDW system, but I hate the fact that it's RUN by mindless people too.

Welcome to Florida, home of the "this regular lane just turns into an exit-only lane without warning" highway system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom