NextGen CIT (Central Intelligence Thread)

Californian Elitist

I agree. Though I've never been to Disneyland, it's obvious that it's a more "local" resort than Walt Disney World is. If the system would be used anywhere, Walt Disney World is the best option with the amount of people that visit on a daily basis throughout the four parks. Keep it there.

Exactly. I've been going to DL all my life and I've never once stayed for two days. Always day trips, just like a lot of other people take. It wouldn't make sense at DL.

Rasvar

Does anyone know who has been participating in the Fastpass + tests? I wonder if they have only been done at the moderate or deluxe levels. I've not heard if they had any tests with families in the value resorts or DVC's.

Californian Elitist

Heh. Just wait until they try to enforce the fastpass return times at DLR. The line at City Hall would probably wrap to the castle.

I can hear the complaints now. "The return time for Indiana Jones was for 2:00! I came back at 10:00 tonight and I wasn't allowed through the line! For that, I want a five night stay at the Grand Californian, including free food. No need for tickets, we're annual passholders. That is all."

mousehockey37

I can hear the complaints now. "The return time for Indiana Jones was for 2:00! I cam back at 10:00 tonight and I wasn't allowed through the line! For that, I want a five night stay at the Grand Californian, including free food. No need for tickets, we're annual passholders. That is all."

CM says: I can give you a voucher for a Mickey bar. Have a magical day!

mousehockey37

Does anyone know who has been participating in the Fastpass + tests? I wonder if they have only been done at the moderate or deluxe levels. I've not heard if they had any tests with families in the value resorts or DVC's.

When I was there in August, when I went into the Town Theatre to meet Mickey and Minnie, the CM at the door gave me the card on a lanyard thing and I had to give it to the CM before I went in to meet Mickey.

BryceM

Exactly. I've been going to DL all my life and I've never once stayed for two days. Always day trips, just like a lot of other people take. It wouldn't make sense at DL.
That's how I am with Universal Orlando. I've never (sadly) stayed on-site. Always day trips.

Rasvar

When I was there in August, when I went into the Town Theatre to meet Mickey and Minnie, the CM at the door gave me the card on a lanyard thing and I had to give it to the CM before I went in to meet Mickey.

Yeah, I know that one. That is the system for timing the standby line. I was just wondering about who has done the actually Fastpass + testing when they were staying at a resort. The testing has been very limited so far. Not sure how they chose the test groups.

mousehockey37

Yeah, I know that one. That is the system for timing the standby line. I was just wondering about who has done the actually Fastpass + testing when they were staying at a resort. The testing has been very limited so far. Not sure how they chose the test groups.

I saw some people that got chosen. I forget how. I think it was super random and it happened when they checked in at their resort. Other than that, I don't know. Hopefully, some enlightened testers will help us out on that one.

Californian Elitist

That's how I am with Universal Orlando. I've never (sadly) stayed on-site. Always day trips.

I've stayed onsite at Disneyland. I've stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and the Paradise Pier. I just never went back to the park the next day, LOL.

I've never stayed at Universal Hollywood, either. I don't see a point, I live 15-20 minutes away. I live 30-45 minutes away from Disneyland, more than that if there's a lot of traffic. Staying out there is more justifiable.

BryceM

I've stayed onsite at Disneyland. I've stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and the Paradise Pier. I just never went back to the park the next day, LOL.

I've never stayed at Universal Hollywood, either. I don't see a point, I live 15-20 minutes away. I live 30-45 minutes away from Disneyland, more than that if there's a lot of traffic. Staying out there is more justifiable.
Yeah, you're pretty close to both of those! I'm about an hour and a half away from Disney and Universal so it's far too easy to day trip. Not as easy as it is for you though!

Though I've stayed on-site at Disney many times.

Californian Elitist

Yeah, you're pretty close to both of those! I'm about an hour and a half away from Disney and Universal so it's far too easy to day trip. Not as easy as it is for you though!

Though I've stayed on-site at Disney many times.

How come you haven't stayed at Universal? If I lived that far away, I would stay onsite at least once.

mousehockey37

Ultimately, this whole system is a wake-up call. We are now starting to let our minds wander to what Disney is going to ultimately do with this new system. Superior tracking of guests, their purchases and pretty much every move they make. Then you have the resort side of things where depending on where you stay, the program can work for or against you (fastpass+).

Who knows, if you habitually go to Disney the same time every year (if you're an annual visitor), they may just automatically mail you the new vacation planning dvd, instead of having to call or go online to order it!

BryceM

How come you haven't stayed at Universal? If I lived that far away, I would stay onsite at least once.
I'm not too sure actually... I really want to. Especially at the Hard Rock Hotel. Last time, we just stayed over-night in a relatives house in Daytona Beach so it was a shorter drive there.

The hotels are a bit pricey though. But, they have some amazing perks!

Californian Elitist

I'm not too sure actually... I really want to. Especially at the Hard Rock Hotel. Last time, we just stayed over-night in a relatives house in Daytona Beach so it was a shorter drive there.

The hotels are a bit pricey though. But, they have some amazing perks!

You should do it, sometime! Maybe for one of your birthdays, or something.

Sneezy62

My thoughts are close to yours. I can just imagine that there is going to be one big database that is going to record all of this information. It'll look like an itinerary crossed with a checkbook.

Jones Family June 9, 2013
7:00am CR breakfast ordered _________ at $_______
9:07am MK front gate guest scanned in
9:09am MK guest FP for Mickey MeetGreet
9:10am MK guest Confectionary purchase _____ for $_____
9:20am MK guest scans for POTC
and this would just continue for the entire day, week, etc... All the data collected from the solid expenditures (rooms and tickets) all the way down to flexible arbitrary purchases (food, souvenirs). They'll be able to go in and identify the people that vacation with and without dining plans or just those who leave, go back to their resorts and make their own food, and zero in and possibly even reach out to guests and ask them, why do you do that?

Exactly. The system also links you to everybody else in your party. It shows them at a glance who their "Ambassadors" are, who the chronic complainers are. How many drinks you've bought in the last 4 hours. The possibilities are endless and of course Disney will have to pick and choose which metrics are seen by the ride CMs or the waitstaff or security, or the store staff. Guests who rate well will find a lot of pixie dust in the air.

I think one of the most important things to Disney will be easily identifying the Ambassadors. Those guests who come often and bring friends and relatives. Even if they are not the biggest spenders, they bring opportunity right thru the gate. That's much of the reason in the past for the AP programs and even to some extent DVC. NextGen will be able to drill right down and find these best of the best guests and encourage them to bring even more opportunity.

flynnibus

Premium Member
so many ways the technology can be used for good... people need to stop thinking NextGen = FP+

FP+ is just one 'product' being brought out as part of NextGen's developments.

There are many things they can do in the future building upon this technology once they have it rolled out. The possibilities are endless.

Imagine a world where because you had a RFID tag when you ordered.. and the server used RFID scanning in a way to deliver the order.. the resturant management knew exactly how long it took to turn every order.. from entry to food delivery. Such data can be used to monitor customer service.. and imagine if the system automatically triggered a manager to come speak to you if certain thresholds were exceeded?

Or imagine wait times that were much more accurate because rider counts both in queue time, and rider capacity are monitored full time automatically?

Or imagine a system that automatically dispatched new transportation because the station can automatically count how many people are waiting... etc

mousehockey37

so many ways the technology can be used for good... people need to stop thinking NextGen = FP+

FP+ is just one 'product' being brought out as part of NextGen's developments.

There are many things they can do in the future building upon this technology once they have it rolled out. The possibilities are endless.

Imagine a world where because you had a RFID tag when you ordered.. and the server used RFID scanning in a way to deliver the order.. the resturant management knew exactly how long it took to turn every order.. from entry to food delivery. Such data can be used to monitor customer service.. and imagine if the system automatically triggered a manager to come speak to you if certain thresholds were exceeded?

Or imagine wait times that were much more accurate because rider counts both in queue time, and rider capacity are monitored full time automatically?

Or imagine a system that automatically dispatched new transportation because the station can automatically count how many people are waiting... etc

So you're saying that you don't mind someone tracking your every move?

There will be good with this system, but as others have stated, as well as myself, Disney will be able to track EVERYTHING. Like you said though, let's focus on the things that Disney wants us to... how it can help with food orders and queue times, ya know, the things that will make it "better" for us. ;) Let's just ignore all the storing of information of who you are, where you were, what you did, what you bought, what you ate, etc....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom