NextGen CIT (Central Intelligence Thread)

John

One reason why I suspect official live date won't happen until closer to June right now. For this system to work, Disney has to start a full marketing campaign for it. If it is going to work right, it will need a four to six month lead time. If they felt like it was close to being ready, I would not be surprised if there is a public announcement in the next week or so. I think the park infrastructure is ready but the back end support systems are still not ready to go. It is a complex coding project. Once they decide to flip the switch, the servers are going to have to deal with a full time onslaught. They aren't ready for that yet.

Could this possibly be the NYE announcement? hmmmmmmmm

mousehockey37

This is the problem with Disney research in general. Anybody that has taken a basic stats class knows that with the amount of people that visit WDW over the course of a year versus how many people Disney actually surveys on a daily basis or has take part in these tests is far from what would be considered a statistically significant sample size.

It always amazes me when over the course of a week they take the opinion of about 25 guests and cite the average as the overall opinion of all guests who have visited that week. That's absolutely ludicrous. How could you possibly equate that as an average from such a small sampling?

Well, with this new system, they can get rid of surveying people. They can just track what rides everyone goes to and badda-bing badda-boom, they can see what rides are popular.

John

This is the problem with Disney research in general. Anybody that has taken a basic stats class knows that with the amount of people that visit WDW over the course of a year versus how many people Disney actually surveys on a daily basis or has take part in these tests is far from what would be considered a statistically significant sample size.

It always amazes me when over the course of a week they take the opinion of about 25 guests and cite the average as the overall opinion of all guests who have visited that week. That's absolutely ludicrous. How could you possibly equate that as an average from such a small sampling?

yup, unless you want to skew the results;)

Rasvar

Could this possibly be the NYE announcement? hmmmmmmmm

I think it is possible but others have been saying a sweepstakes. I guess both are possible Monday. However, announcing it on Monday means the system has to be ready on Tuesday or Wednesday to start processing the requests. Based on what I am seeing in my own use and various comments on how things have gone, I don't think it is ready to go live yet.

John

I think it is possible but others have been saying a sweepstakes. I guess both are possible Monday. However, announcing it on Monday means the system has to be ready on Tuesday or Wednesday to start processing the requests. Based on what I am seeing in my own use and various comments on how things have gone, I don't think it is ready to go live yet.

Yea, thats a likely scenario......and it ,makes sense but to me a swwepstake dosnt seem like it would be that big....but knowing Disney.... Also as of now it seems DL is not getting NG.....atleast as of now, so any big announcement would be for both parks given it will be a national audience. This would negate any possible NG announcement.

Skippy's Pal

A few things we've heard about FP+, which seems to be the star component of NextGen:
  • Disney states the number of FP+ a person receives "are limited and vary based on factors". During preliminary testing, guests have been able to schedule up to 4 FP+ experiences per day.
  • FP+ eventually will replace FP, although it appears that there will be a transitional period during which both will be available.
  • FP+ experiences are being expanded to include reserved viewing area for parades and scheduled times for character meet & greets.
  • Numerous WDW attractions that do not participate in FP are being added to FP+
  • The Disney webpage suggests FP+ will have a dining component. ("A FastPass+ selection for dining at a FastPass+ designated table service or quick service location secures your arrival window and allows you to order meal prior to your arrival window.")
  • Tickets are required to be upgraded to include the RFID system in order to use FP+. Once upgraded, it is not be possible to participate in FP. Thus, it appears one ticket cannot be used for both FP and FP+.
  • FP+ can be used only at one park per day.
  • Unlike the current FP system, at least some guests have been presented with the option to schedule FP+ experiences as early as park opening (i.e. 9 AM).
  • Unlike the current FP system, it will be possible to change the scheduled return times for FP+. It appears that it even will be possible to change the FP+ experience (i.e. switch a Space Mountain FP+ to a Big Thunder Mountain FP+) although it seems likely this will be subject to availability.
  • Onsite guests will be able to schedule their FP+ experiences up to 180 days in advance. Other guests will be able to schedule their experiences up to 60 days in advance.
  • As a result of FP+, it is believed Extra Magic Hours eventually will be eliminated.
P.S. I'll update the list based on feedback and new information.

A great summary of what seems to be known. But concerning FP+ at "one park per day:" why would Disnay want to essentially kill off Park Hopper? The known FP+ rules would seem to mean that visitors to that second park of the day have no FP+ available to them, and they would all be in the longest lines. Not understanding that thinking, especially because under today's rules, people pay Disney extra so they can go to a second park and give the Mouse even more money that day.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
A great summary of what seems to be known. But concerning FP+ at "one park per day:" why would Disnay want to essentially kill off Park Hopper? The known FP+ rules would seem to mean that visitors to that second park of the day have no FP+ available to them, and they would all be in the longest lines. Not understanding that thinking, especially because under today's rules, people pay Disney extra so they can go to a second park and give the Mouse even more money that day.

This is a good point. The only thing I can think of is a lot of people use park hopping for meals or parades/shows not just for rides. I know I have used it in the past to have dinner at EPCOT on a night I spent in MK and also to go to wishes at MK on a day spent at AK. Maybe they are trying to discourage people from doing AK in the morning and DHS at night and then going to Universal the next day;)

mousehockey37

Maybe not Six Flags, but a day at Hersheypark, Universal, or Busch Gardens Williamsburg is looking better and better to me.

It all depends on what draws you. Are you a rollercoaster person? If so, Disney may not be the best place for you. The coasters are few and different parks between. Hershey, Busch Gardens, etc, they are geared towards that type of person.

mickey2008.1

Does wdw not lready know a lot about us already with the world key? They know what park, what fp's, and where we eat. This just ups it. I like a lot of the plusses, but not the fp plus fp and one prk only. And having to plan so much in advance seems over the top. I like the current fp system, but change is something w have to deal with, like it or not. But why start atbwdw and not dl? Why try the larger of the two and not start small. 1.5 billion, ix parks first, then upgrade to better enjoyment o the park.

Rasvar

Does wdw not lready know a lot about us already with the world key? They know what park, what fp's, and where we eat. This just ups it. I like a lot of the plusses, but not the fp plus fp and one prk only. And having to plan so much in advance seems over the top. I like the current fp system, but change is something w have to deal with, like it or not. But why start atbwdw and not dl? Why try the larger of the two and not start small. 1.5 billion, ix parks first, then upgrade to better enjoyment o the park.
Believe it or not, these systems have never really been connected in the past. That is a big part of this. Plus, they were more passive systems with few options to "guide" you. The new system will also work to "nudge" you into certain behaviors. Kind of like the one park a day limitation to cut down on park hopping. This helps them keep staffing down a little if they know someone won't be park hopping during the day. With the wristbands, they would also be able to identify how long you were waiting in line for food and if you entered a store, looked around and did not buy anything. And, of course, it finally collects this information in one easy place.
Also WDW is a much bigger and richer market to mine. The average stay is longer and the customers are more tourists, who spend more.

BryceM

I just hate how this tries to manage time down to every little moment. I don't know about you, but I personally love to just explore the parks with no restraints on what I have to do and what I don't have to do. Maybe a grab a Fastpass for a popular attraction, and then happily just make my own way around the park. Sadly, that will be gone soon.

If it's not broken, then why fix it?

Well. Time to go actually enjoy Universal's parks with a wonderful $224 annual pass!

mickey2008.1

Question, how long until everyone is forced to use the' new system? Because it seems that this may be scrapped from other posters by blaming it on the execs. Highly unlikely imhop. Just trying to plan my next trip in sept.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I just hate how this tries to manage time down to every little moment. I don't know about you, but I personally love to just explore the parks with no restraints on what I have to do and what I don't have to do. Maybe a grab a Fastpass for a popular attraction, and then happily just make my own way around the park. Sadly, that will be gone soon.

If it's not broken, then why fix it?

Well. Time to go actually enjoy Universal's parks with a wonderful $224 annual pass!

Do you work for Universal? If not they should start paying you;)

Rasvar

Question, how long until everyone is forced to use the' new system? Because it seems that this may be scrapped from other posters by blaming it on the execs. Highly unlikely imhop. Just trying to plan my next trip in sept.
I don't think it will be scrapped. It just may not meet the expectations that the system was sold on due to the complexity of it. The system will be there but it might be like Disco Yeti. Not doing everything it was supposed to do.

BryceM

Do you work for Universal? If not they should start paying you;)
If they have any money left after all that's going on, then sure! They should definitely start paying me! I'll gladly accept random checks in the mail for praising them on WDWMagic... Hehe.

Anyways, I think I'm missing a lot of things here. What will guests receive for their Fastpass+? Is it all just on their phones? How do you get them? I've been hearing about this for a while and I know what it does, but I've never really cared to find out about these aspects. Until now.

EDIT: Saw your post on the first page of this thread! Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom