Next Gen Coming to TOT and Star Tours!!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
First that would require me to sell my sould and sign it in blood like Marty Sklar and second, I urge YOU to respect those who.....dare I say it... REMEMBER what it was like without FP and Next Gen and realize we are the ones who know what a TRUE Disney experience is like. Not the Corporate version your getting now.

Dude, my first trip to WDW was the year after it opened, so don't give me this you don't know what it was like crap.

HMButler79

xpass is spreading like a virus, isn't it? :)

for what it's worth, in studios, GMR is next, then LMA

Cant wait for GMR! A ride that's a walkon except for 4 weeks out of the year, will now balloon to probably a 30-40min wait since they'd have to close off one queue line.

HMButler79

Dude, my first trip to WDW was the year after it opened, so don't give me this you don't know what it was like crap.

Well then, your just encouraging bad behavior and bad business practices by accepting all these corporate changes without question. But, I suspect you'll be one of the first to flip out when you realize you'll never be able to go on Mansion or anything else without reserving, not a day, but a TIME SIX MONTHS IN ADVANCE. Good luck with that! :animwink:

Tigger1988

Amazing how much of a tizzy people work themselves into over something that they've yet to see implemented or in action. You can play Chicken Little, I'll wait to see Next Gen/X-Pass completely in action before I start screaming about it.

the-reason14

Could really careless about ST. It's a hit or miss, mostly miss for me. This nextgen stuff doesn't sound appealing at all, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Well then, your just encouraging bad behavior and bad business practices by accepting all these corporate changes without question. But, I suspect you'll be one of the first to flip out when you realize you'll never be able to go on Mansion or anything else without reserving, not a day, but a TIME SIX MONTHS IN ADVANCE. Good luck with that! :animwink:

You assume too much in your drama enduced state of mind.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

So now we're flinging XPass out there to see if it'll stick as a rant? Good to know; I'll add it to the list.

And as far as GMR and LMA are concerned, I'll believe it when it happens.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Assume? It's ALREADY HERE. Like Invasion of the Body Snatchers. "They're here already!" The Soarin Next Gen Q opened in like......2009 wasnt it? I don't have to assume anything. It's already happened.

No. You assume I accept all the changes without question.

TalkingHead

Amazing that some of you are trying to have a reasonable discussion with Mr. Haunted OMG-SKY-IS-FALLING.

It's been tried on other sites (that are now mostly ghost towns), and it wasn't successful.

His raging tone doesn't modulate -- it's stays at 11 all the time.

celluloid

I would rather just see a new ride or helping some badly needed things that the current rides have trouble with.

The Great Movie Ride. How about a refurb or new audio systems or something..anything.

Star Tours was a very nice refurb/reboot of an aged ride but the studios could actually use a new attraction of some sort.

HM GhostHostess

Assuming that this NextGen thing is for Xpass, does this mean that they are going to be installing another line? Or is the Fastpass line just going to be modified so that it can be utilized for Xpass?

DisneyDellsDude

I don't post here much anymore, but I check up once and awhile. I've read this entire thread, and although HMButler79 is going a bit crazy, I'm joining his side of the argument.

I think the new queue ruins the story and atmosphere of my favorite attraction. Simple as that.

It was a poor execution of a somewhat decent idea - these "interactive queues." Personally, I'd rather have immersive queues (Tower of Terror, Everest) than this type of garbage. Nothing beats good atmosphere imo. Atmosphere actually builds up some sort of emotion in guests.

So what am I doing about these feelings? I'm going to Disneyland in a week, rather than taking a trip to WDW this year. If WDW doesn't pick up it's act, I don't plan on returning for a long time. I'd rather save up and visit some quality parks.:shrug: I suggest some of you broaden your horizons a bit as well, in terms visiting parks. There's a lot of cool stuff out there now...:)

csm

I'll be the first to admit that I did not read through the other seven pages of this thread because I can barely keep my eyes open from being so tired - but I just want to chime in with this-

Asked around. That wall in front of Tower's entrance has nothing to do with NextGen and everything to do with just some routine maintenance with some of the wiring and existing stuff on the entry gate. Doesn't mean it's not / can't come, but that's not what's happening at the moment.

RSoxNo1

I think everyone is over thinking this. These boxes are showing up at the entrance - in all likelihood this is for a scanner of some sort. The queue enhancements have been projects that took many months to complete. These appear to be much smaller projects.

That's not to say that each of these queues won't be getting enhancements, but I really think this is for a scanner of some sort that will be a component of next gen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom