News and observations from the past month

GrumpyFan

Thanks for the update! I always learn new about new things (effects) that are broken or maybe fixed that I didn't even know existed. Okay, well, sometimes these updates are depressing too, but still, it makes me keep an eye out for these things on my next visit.

WDW1974

Thanks. You Absolutely sure it's Cars and not something else Pixar related?

Yep. But I know absolutely nothing beyond that. Considering the way Disney projects have happened or not since around 2006-07, I almost don,t want to put things out even when I know they are true AT THE TIME.

And we really need to get you off the WDW dust and out to Anaheim more often and certainly to Asia.

JimboJones123

Yep. But I know absolutely nothing beyond that. Considering the way Disney projects have happened or not since around 2006-07, I almost don,t want to put things out even when I know they are true AT THE TIME.

And we really need to get you off the WDW dust and out to Anaheim more often and certainly to Asia.
I heard the same thing. Cars art has been seen around DHS the past few weeks, and a bit more than just art. Not sure if that directly links back to Radiator Springs Racers or like Martin was saying, more of a Pixar Placeish addition.

menamechris

This is the wrong thread for details, but 5-6 E tickets (that I know of) coming to both parks over the next few years, multi million dollar refurbs on what needs it, expansion and rebuilds, new entertainment plans, plus the water park, more resorts and a transit system to link it all Comcast are unbelievably serious about attracting guests. And at a billion per year, each year, just for the parks alone, they deserve it. Think what just one billion could buy. Or two.

Amazingly, this will probably all be completed before we see anything new from Disney. Something has to give at the Mouse House. They need to pull the trigger on something if they are going to take a half decade on any project anymore.

wdwfan4ver

I thought Martin was fair in his report despite the fact I didn't do Universal. I came back from WDW earlier this month and I had similar thoughts as Martin. I had a great time, but I didn't snort pixie dust either. The cast members were asking guests in terms of surveys and they were about My Magic Plus, and not about future Attractions.

I can can confirm that Pirates is a mess and they do need better boats. Tiki Room was at least half full when I went also.

EEK fits for DHS perfectly like Martin said. I looked at the whole park since I was looking in shops besides attractions. The streets and LMA area area almost ghetto like now like Martin said. A power Outage happened when I was watching One Man's Dream in late August.

When I was at DHS I had less to do attraction wise since Muppetvision 3-D was closed. I am happy Muppetivision is in great shape because I would have questioned why the refurbishment for that attraction was being done.

Good thing Star Tours: The Adventures Continues is open because I went there multiple times. The fact is I didn't do the day shows on my Trip to DHS, Backlot Tour, Honey I shrunk the Kids Playground, TOT, and Rock n rollercoaster. The fact is my body couldn't handle some types of thrill rides as good as I used to. American Adol Experience must have been desperate for people because I saw cast members right past the entrance that American Idol Experience is open and they are looking for people to sing and be part of the audience.

I agree with Martin about Epcot for Future World being in Danger out being the worst problem at WDW. I had the same thoughts with Test Track as Martin did and I like Soarin' better now.

AK is sad, but the fact is Avatarland isn't going to open before 2017 or 2018 is even sadder based on the amount stuff to do at AK.

bcalltimandanna

Martin, your videos are what helped me find this rabbithole that is the Disney Fan Online Community. Thanks? Heehee...and the Spirit is what has kept me at this particular portal. Again, thanks? I am an Orlando resident (AP) and go to the parks fairly often. (1 or 2 x/month) I tend to agree with most of your observations from this post. As well as most of what the Spirit has to say. I appreciate all of the news we get from folks like you. I just will never understand the appeal of Uni. I have tried many, many times and it still just feels gross. Just my two cents. Also, can I please come on this trip to Asia that the Spirit proposed?

JimboJones123

Martin, your videos are what helped me find this rabbithole that is the Disney Fan Online Community. Thanks? Heehee...and the Spirit is what has kept me at this particular portal. Again, thanks? I am an Orlando resident (AP) and go to the parks fairly often. (1 or 2 x/month) I tend to agree with most of your observations from this post. As well as most of what the Spirit has to say. I appreciate all of the news we get from folks like you. I just will never understand the appeal of Uni. I have tried many, many times and it still just feels gross. Just my two cents. Also, can I please come on this trip to Asia that the Spirit proposed?
Explain gross???

Chili dogs?
Farting bug signs as you leave the most visited park on the planet (why has that not been changed out the past 15 years?)?
Skunk smell?
Whizzing Gaston statues?

doctornick

Japan also has some buzz for a dark ride again. We will see.

I really hope this comes to pass. I know all the griping is about FW, but I really would like to see an actual ride on that half of the WS and there is a lot of cool things they could do with Japan. Plus the show building already exists, so there's infrastructure there, it just needs to be developed.

Captain Neo

After reading Martin's report How can any of you still go to Disney World? The place is a dump and its an insult to Walt and Roy Disney to even give these guys $100 a day to visit. Stop going, send the message that this kind of state the parks are in is unacceptable and then return once WDW has been brought up to it's former high standards otherwise your just wasting your hard earned cash to boost attendance numbers for a corporation.

the.dreamfinder

I really hope this comes to pass. I know all the griping is about FW, but I really would like to see an actual ride on that half of the WS and there is a lot of cool things they could do with Japan. Plus the show building already exists, so there's infrastructure there, it just needs to be developed.
Totoro-2-1024x768.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom