News and observations from the past month

ToTBellHop

Not even that. FJ came in well under 100 mil.
So it cost about as much as Under the Sea?

LOL...in a sad, ironic sort of laugh out loud.
More capacity and more concrete. Maybe new waterway bridges. Hopefully the east MSUSA arcade too.
Grass is so 20th century anyway, which has no place on Main Street, USA...errrrhhhmmmm...

When will they install stroller traffic lights to better control traffic?
Common-Bonds-Quiz-Two-010.jpg

MerlinTheGoat

Nice report @marni1971 , it's good to hear maintenance improving in some places at least. And from third shift work to boot. Still sounds like a lot of work needs to be done though.

In more trivial matters (or not trivial depending on your perspective), how are popcorn lights looking on Main Street and Grand Floridian? Have they been trying to replace burned out ones more than they were from 2012 and before?

BTW, since you mentioned Imagination being in bad shape and desolate, do you happen to have any news or info about the supposed overhaul said to be in the works for the pavilion? Still closing early next year, still going to get a complete overhaul?

Also, what is the current future of the Osborn Lights considering the DHS expansion now incoming?

Soarin' Over Pgh

When I was there in May I noticed a few of the issues you've stated, Martin, namely being the barely-visible, incredibly bad projection-fog scene on POTC and the mermaid effect. Cute, but had to ride twice to see it (and another to point it out to Mom)

Are you saying that when the TTA goes through SM it's supposed to hear/see/do something? It was completely, utterly pitch black when I was there. Unfortunately it was my first time (at MK, and on TTA) so I'm the Rizzo who doesn't know any better. :\

Thank you for your very well thought out, short and to the point posts. I'd love to hear more on your thoughts regarding EPCOT, as I found this park to be the negative part of my trip. I *loathed* the park entirely and simply don't see myself going back to it, for all of the reasons you've stated, and a few others that bothered me when I was there.

As much as I want to get excited about the mine trains, I just can't.

Any idea what the 5-6 E tickets for... up the road... will be? Pretty sure that's the most looked forward to part of your posts. I wish Disney would wake up and dump money into Epcot to refurb the whole damn park, and DHS, and fix up DAK while they're at it, but since we know its not going to happen within the decade, what does Universal have in mind?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The Test Track chaos after the design room is about as dissatisfactory as anything on site. There is literally no way to experience the attraction in under 25 minutes. Even if it were "walk on". The original was never a zip on, but the preshow take 3-5x longer than it did before. Single rider is pretty much the only way to experience this without it putting a dent into your day. Heck, Fastpass can take almost an hour to experience it now. That's just insane.

I have yet to experience something at Disney that makes so many angry guests.

End up on the first row's last spot, gain an extra 10+ minutes in wait time???

Pirates queue is equally insane. Switchbacks outside constantly?

HM line outside the gate... Always???

Next Gen queueing sucks hardcore. Lines that were never more than 10 minutes are becoming 20+ minutes regularly.

I think a bunch of us who actually understand queuing theory stated that FP- would actually make waits longer and lo and behold waits are longer.

ToTBellHop

TTA in SM made sense when there was a bit of music and you could see the rockets flying around with the glow in the dark paint.

Now SM is darker yes, but the TTA trip through there is pointless.
It's not pointless. With the dark, it helped our 7-month old infants to both fall asleep! Yay!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Nice report @marni1971

In more trivial matters (or not trivial depending on your perspective), how are popcorn lights looking on Main Street and Grand Floridian?

BTW, since you mentioned Imagination being in bad shape and desolate, do you happen to have any news or info about the supposed overhaul said to be in the works for the pavilion? Still closing early next year, still going to get a complete overhaul?

Also, what is the current future of the Osborn Lights considering the DHS expansion now incoming?

Popcorn lights in the park look okay. The odd one or two out. The GF is still mostly dark, the failed strips still switched off. The DVC block (one big building) had one strip turned on. One can only hope the whole complex will get LED strips in one go.

As for future projects, as I understand:

Imag is still under consideration. I still hear It may close but I'd be surprised if it did with no funding in place. Same for Energy which is also attracting attention.

Japan also has some buzz for a dark ride again. We will see. RoE is due plussing funding but as it stands it is desperate for a large refurb as soon as possible.

Star Wars will be part new build part refurb. I don't see the park expanding east. Just south east to accommodate displaced backstage facilities. With Cars dead something else may take come of the strain in that area. Streets of America and LMA are safe for now.

JimboJones123

I think a bunch of us who actually understand queuing theory stated that FP- would actually make waits longer and lo and behold waits are longer.
Much longer. I have not seen sub 5 minute IASW the entire months of August or September when I have been.

I was in a 50 minute stand by for Sorin a while back that did not move but 20 people in over an hour. We bailed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom