New York City, Characters in the Wild, and Canadians - Eh!

It’s time for another cruise trip report! I just finished my Disneyland trip report, and finally had time to work on this report! It was a great trip where we met some new friends, saw characters galore and some beautiful sights! Here’s a sneak peak of our view on the last morning:

Canada2688timelinebtestbnew.jpg

And here’s my plug of the trip report! I’m going to plug the Unofficial Wdwmagic Girls Cruise! If you haven’t heard, we are planning a 4 night Bahamian Disney cruise on September 8, 2013. There are already almost 30 us signed up! We are going to have so much fun! If you've wanted to try cruising, or wanted to meet some of your Wdwmagic friends - here's your chance! It's not too late! :)

What:

A five night Canadian cruise on the Disney Magic.

A military rate for the New York to Canada cruises came out, it was too good to pass up! Not to mention we didn’t have to fly anywhere!

We live in DC right now and New York is a quick bus/train ride/drive away.

Who:

Adults only this time!

We decided against taking the kids for this one since school just started and DS is a senior (sniff), so we asked several friends. It was pretty last minute, but one other couple from church could get away so there were four of us.

Here we are - Dh (Stephen), Myself, Steve “Buddha” and Misty –

Canada2155.jpg

We had a Steve and a Stephen. Luckily the other Steve has gone by his old call sign from his military days for years. Yes, we call him Buddha. :D

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I was hanging on for dear life with one hand and trying to take pictures with the other. I learned I am horrible at taking pictures when I’m not looking through the viewfinder. I kept holding the camera in the air thinking I was getting these great shots, when in reality this is what I was taking:

Water055.jpg

Water056.jpg

Water058.jpg

Water059.jpg

Water061.jpg

Water063.jpg

Okay, we were soaked. Cute but soaked:

Water065.jpg

Water066.jpg

Water067.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
We changed into our dry clothes and went to watch the next boat. There were zipliners overhead:

Canada1378.jpg

This picture doesn’t really work with one person:

Canada1380.jpg

Canada1382.jpg

Here’s the falls:

Canada1383.jpg

This is what the boat did most of the time. Sped up, then stopped quickly and spun so giant waves of water overtook us!

Canada1386.jpg

Canada1389.jpg

Canada1394.jpg

Afterwards, we toured the city some more.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
We stopped in the City Market which was really neat.

Canada1396.jpg

Canada1397.jpg

Canada1401.jpg

Canada1402.jpg

Canada1403.jpg

Canada1404.jpg

Canada1407.jpg

My Dad collects books printed before 1900 and I found one in the market for him.

Canada1411.jpg

We could have stayed and made our way back to the ship on our own, but we decided to go ahead and go back.

We had lunch at Topsiders right when we got back onboard because we were starving!

Canada1413.jpg

I don’t like tiramisu, but these were so cute!

Canada1416.jpg

I went for a trio. But come on, jello doesn’t count as a dessert right? I decided I would count it as a salad:

Canada1418.jpg

I don’t remember what this was:

Canada1419.jpg

Afterwards, we went to the room to drop off our stuff again, and got sucked into a nap!

Normally I am strongly against naps at Disney, because I feel like we’re wasting precious time! This trip was about relaxing though, and relax we did.

Here we are in port:

Canada1422.jpg

emcclay

Tammy- love your TRs and pictures!

That jet boat ride looks like fun. Looking forward to reading more about the cruise :)

harveyt0206

Oh my word, that City Market is enough for me to consider a Northeastern cruise. That is right up my alley! Festivals, markets, anything in that vein is definitely my cup of tea. Great pics Tammy. It really is odd seeing a Disney cruise ship in New York city. I kind of like the dichotomy of it though. Following along....

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Tammy- love your TRs and pictures!

That jet boat ride looks like fun. Looking forward to reading more about the cruise :)

Thank you, Elizabeth! It was very fun! :)

I hope it comes out alright. I'm not that good with words :confused:

It will be great, Joanna. All most people care about is pictures anyway!

Oh my word, that City Market is enough for me to consider a Northeastern cruise. That is right up my alley! Festivals, markets, anything in that vein is definitely my cup of tea. Great pics Tammy. It really is odd seeing a Disney cruise ship in New York city. I kind of like the dichotomy of it though. Following along....

Isn't that neat? I was hungry too, and it was sooooo hard not to sample some local food! :D

Thanks for reading, Tracy!

sweetpee_1993

Tammy, your food pics are soooo much better than mine. I don't think I'll ever be satisfied until I get me a good camera and learn to use it. Chandler never uses his DSLR, maybe I can buy his from him. Or at least use it to try my hand before making the financial commitment. LOL!

The jet boat ride looks fun! We did something similar to that going up to the whirlpool that's below Niagara Falls. They had an open boat option (like yours) or a closed cabin option that had a canopy. We didn't get wet at all but I could see how y'all were prob'ly soaked to the bone. We dolphin-dove under several waves so when you desribed that I knew exactly what you were talking about. Heehee! Tracey's actually done that with his bass boat on rough water before, nearly had Brian wash clean out of the boat. Yikes! I'm glad you were such a trooper for your hubby's birthday. That's love, woman! LOL!

I feel ya on the funnel pics. There's no such thing as too many. Different angles and/or funnels is totally legit!

Love all your napping. I think I'm ready for a nap, too..... ((yawn))

That city market looked like FUN! I love markets like that! They're the best!

Can't wait to hear more. And to soak in your pics!!!

angieandtrevor

YAY, I'm so excited to get back on land and see this :). Trevor is especially happy since I am not bothering him to switch the channel, lol.

Today was the first time I've ever seen those Mickey goldfish, I thought I had hit the jackpot. Oliver has literally lived off of those the last 2 weeks and we were almost out....score !! And would you believe that Mr. Fussy Pants wouldn't eat them, apparently they must taste different although I thought they were pretty darn yummy :)

One more day to go.....boooooo but I guess all good things must come to an end. We decided to go back to Magic Kingdom tomorrow. Well, I just couldn't be this close and not go, Oliver and I are having a mommy and O day while daddy watches the Broncos, I thought it was a perfect compromise.

We have a long travel day on Monday so it would be great if I had something to read and help pass the time, hint hint !!

Hey, did you get an email confirming my new booking? We just booked a dummy one but we'll probably switch it to 2014 once the itineraries come out.

Oh and awesome review and amazing pictures (as usual) !!!!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Tammy, your food pics are soooo much better than mine. I don't think I'll ever be satisfied until I get me a good camera and learn to use it. Chandler never uses his DSLR, maybe I can buy his from him. Or at least use it to try my hand before making the financial commitment. LOL!

The jet boat ride looks fun! We did something similar to that going up to the whirlpool that's below Niagara Falls. They had an open boat option (like yours) or a closed cabin option that had a canopy. We didn't get wet at all but I could see how y'all were prob'ly soaked to the bone. We dolphin-dove under several waves so when you desribed that I knew exactly what you were talking about. Heehee! Tracey's actually done that with his bass boat on rough water before, nearly had Brian wash clean out of the boat. Yikes! I'm glad you were such a trooper for your hubby's birthday. That's love, woman! LOL!

I feel ya on the funnel pics. There's no such thing as too many. Different angles and/or funnels is totally legit!

Love all your napping. I think I'm ready for a nap, too..... ((yawn))

That city market looked like FUN! I love markets like that! They're the best!

Can't wait to hear more. And to soak in your pics!!!

You would probably love learning to use an SLR, Kelly. There's a learning curve for sure, when you're using it in manual, but once you get it, you get it. And I love it so much. :) I'm getting ready to do Chase's senior pictures and I am soooo excited. I want to take him out for like 6 different sessions but I don't think he'll put up with that. :D

Yes! Stephen had seen one at Niagara Falls a few years ago on a travel show. He's wanted to do it ever since. He was so excited to see it as an option in Saint John. I was a little worried about motion sickness, but that wasn't a problem at all. What we do for love! Haha!

Never too many funnel pictures. Agreed. And more are coming, lol.

It was a really neat market. I'm so glad we stopped!

YAY, I'm so excited to get back on land and see this :). Trevor is especially happy since I am not bothering him to switch the channel, lol.

Today was the first time I've ever seen those Mickey goldfish, I thought I had hit the jackpot. Oliver has literally lived off of those the last 2 weeks and we were almost out....score !! And would you believe that Mr. Fussy Pants wouldn't eat them, apparently they must taste different although I thought they were pretty darn yummy :)

One more day to go.....boooooo but I guess all good things must come to an end. We decided to go back to Magic Kingdom tomorrow. Well, I just couldn't be this close and not go, Oliver and I are having a mommy and O day while daddy watches the Broncos, I thought it was a perfect compromise.

We have a long travel day on Monday so it would be great if I had something to read and help pass the time, hint hint !!

Hey, did you get an email confirming my new booking? We just booked a dummy one but we'll probably switch it to 2014 once the itineraries come out.

Oh and awesome review and amazing pictures (as usual) !!!!

Angie! Welcome back to land! Although I shouldn't say welcome, I should say I'm sorry! But, hey, you're still at Disney so it could be worse!

I love the Mickey goldfish! Although amusingly enough we haven't even tried them! I don't want to open them! Then they'll be gone! Silly, I know. :D

I think that sounds like a great compromise. And go Broncos!

I didn't get an email! I'll have to call the office and check! I kept thinking I was surprised you didn't rebook onboard! Haha! I'm so glad you did!

I'll post more Monday morning! You're coming up soon!! :D

flipadeeflop

This is great so far! I am going on a Disney Cruise out of FL in 1 month! AHH!! So, it's great to be able to read a cruise trip report, it's not too often I come by one!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
This is great so far! I am going on a Disney Cruise out of FL in 1 month! AHH!! So, it's great to be able to read a cruise trip report, it's not too often I come by one!

Thanks flipadeeflop! I've got several on here! Which ship are you on? I have reports from all of them! And Sweetpee just finished one from the Dream, it's on here right now too. :)

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
When we woke up, we did something more fun! We went swimming!

I took my underwater camera to get some – you guessed it! Toes pictures! If you look at my Toes Goes blog, I apologize, you'll see these again. :D

Hot tub toes!

Water068.jpg

Deck toes:

Water070.jpg

Water069.jpg

Not sure what I was going for here:

Water073.jpg

In the hot tub!

Water074.jpg

Water072.jpg

Water079.jpg

Last, but not least, swimming pool toes!

Water080.jpg

Then we got ice cream which is always exciting.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
After we showered and dressed we went on a walk. We found a line for Daisy and got in, but we found out she would be replaced by Pluto before we got to the front. We didn’t mind!

Daisy put on quite a show for us. When she saw all the cameras, she was working it!

Canada1436.jpg

Canada1437.jpg

Canada1439.jpg

Canada1442.jpg

Canada1445.jpg

Bye Daisy! Hello Pluto!

Canada1450.jpg

Canada1455.jpg

Canada1456.jpg

Canada1459.jpg

We walked up top to see the sailaway and saw some lovely locals waving goodbye. They were accompanied by a bagpipe player.

Canada1461.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
We actually saw the sun peek out, but only for a minute.

Canada1465.jpg

Canada1466.jpg

Canada1473.jpg

Canada1476.jpg

Canada1477.jpg

Canada1483.jpg

Donald and Mickey were below and I loved their outfits. We didn’t have time to get in line, but here are some pictures on the go so you can see what they looked like:

Canada1488.jpg

Canada1489.jpg

Canada1491.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Tonight we were in Lumieres and had our drinks waiting for us, which I always appreciate. Erwin was also there with a refill immediately also. Unfortunately, I think he got the drinks early, so they’d be ready, and he probably got the refills ready as soon as we sat down. You could tell that my coke was sitting for a while. The carbonation was low and it was a little watered down from the ice melting.

This will shock anyone that spends time with me, but I’m pretty addicted to fresh cokes.:p I love the first six swallows after I open my can of coke zero. After that I can take it or leave it.

So the question is, would I rather have to wait for it, or have slightly flattened coke waiting for me? Since I appreciate his intent, I’ll say having coke waiting. It was nice of him.

Canada1494.jpg

Tonight was the French menu, which is normally not my favorite. I was happy with all my choices tonight though!

This was some kind of quiche thing, although that’s not what it was called:

Canada1498.jpg

French Onion Soup!

Canada1499.jpg

Other than the bacon wrapped asparagus which is a waste of a perfectly good piece of bacon, this was great:

Canada1500.jpg

Looks like someone had fish?

Canada1501.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Our section had 4 tables. One larger group of 8-10 and three tables for four. One was us, and one was a family of 3 next to us. The third table didn’t have anybody there for the first two nights.

Tonight the third table had two people there. It was a middle aged couple. The wife was nicely dressed. The husband, on the other hand, was wearing a pair of sweat pants and a Gold’s Gym muscle shirt.

I know Disney doesn’t enforce the dress code, but this seemed a little extreme?

At one point we noticed he had put a button down on over his muscle shirt. I didn’t notice a button down laying around anywhere before, and so I’m really not sure if he went back to get it, had it in a bag, just in case, or if one of our servers brought him something.

Either way it was better.:)

Towards the end of the meal, Oliver and Erwin brought Stephen a birthday cake and a bunch of people sang Happy Birthday. It was very festive. Double desserts on your birthday!

Canada1505.jpg

Canada1503.jpg

And a button!

Canada1507b.jpg

I had this chocolate yumminess:

Canada1506.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
There wasn’t a cabaret show tonight, so we went to Sessions to wait for the show tonight. The performer was singing and playing a selection of Elton John and Billy Joel. We happened to sit across from someone (not in my picture) who was nursing a very large glass of wine and singing with the performer. This would not be the last time we encountered her. It was crazy dark in here, but here's a quick shot so you can see the atmosphere.

Canada1510.jpg

Villains Tonight was the show, and it gets mixed reviews on the message boards. I’ve seen it a couple of times, but Stephen hasn’t. I didn’t know what he would think, but my word he loved it! He was chortling!

Magic Dave was doing an adult cabaret tonight, so we didn’t go to bed! We did a little shopping after the show and encountered some Princesses (Princii) in the wild.

Princii in the wild are the best, because when a little girl (or taller Buddha) turns the corner, and unexpectedly sees Aurora or Cinderella standing there? It’s magical.

A few minutes before show time, we made our way to Rockin' Bar D which was packed. We squeezed into some seats in the middle where we thought we would be safely out of volunteer range. Some people next to us were unhappy a lady was saving a seat for her husband and we almost had an altercation!

The lady with the wine was a couple of rows in front of us. She grabbed the hand of one of her traveling companions and drug him on to the dance floor for one song. They were, of course, the only ones on the dance floor.

Interesting.

Well Dave was hilarious again. Maybe even more so. There were a couple of points where the wine lady yelled from the audience and tried to take over the show and he handled her beautifully.

After a few comments, he said something to the effect of, “Yes, please keep yelling so the show becomes all about you.”

See? Hilarious. I told you so!

After the show was over, it was finally time for bed!

Elephant! I know this one!

Canada1516.jpg

Next up is Halifax and we are meeting someone special! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom