New York City, Characters in the Wild, and Canadians - Eh!

It’s time for another cruise trip report! I just finished my Disneyland trip report, and finally had time to work on this report! It was a great trip where we met some new friends, saw characters galore and some beautiful sights! Here’s a sneak peak of our view on the last morning:

Canada2688timelinebtestbnew.jpg

And here’s my plug of the trip report! I’m going to plug the Unofficial Wdwmagic Girls Cruise! If you haven’t heard, we are planning a 4 night Bahamian Disney cruise on September 8, 2013. There are already almost 30 us signed up! We are going to have so much fun! If you've wanted to try cruising, or wanted to meet some of your Wdwmagic friends - here's your chance! It's not too late! :)

What:

A five night Canadian cruise on the Disney Magic.

A military rate for the New York to Canada cruises came out, it was too good to pass up! Not to mention we didn’t have to fly anywhere!

We live in DC right now and New York is a quick bus/train ride/drive away.

Who:

Adults only this time!

We decided against taking the kids for this one since school just started and DS is a senior (sniff), so we asked several friends. It was pretty last minute, but one other couple from church could get away so there were four of us.

Here we are - Dh (Stephen), Myself, Steve “Buddha” and Misty –

Canada2155.jpg

We had a Steve and a Stephen. Luckily the other Steve has gone by his old call sign from his military days for years. Yes, we call him Buddha. :D

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Ah, Tammy, your early pics coming into the harbor are stunning. Breathtaking. So good. Loved them all!

I feel for the gal crying in the airport, too. I missed a plane once because I never heard any of the boarding announcements. Not a single one. I was extremely sleep deprived and very engrossed in reading something, forget what. I was by myself and had never had that happen to me before. I bawled and bawled. I was genuinely scared which makes no sense because it's not like I was going to be stuck in that airport for the rest of eternity. LOL! I was put on the next flight out and I guess I must've looked totally pathetic because I was put in first class. Once I got in my plush seat I felt so bad I made up my mind I wasn't going to even ask for a soda. Nothing. The flight attendant was so sweet, tho. He insisted I was in that seat for a reason and wasn't taking no for an answer on the drink he thought I really needed. Sooooo, I flew home in first class drinking beer and eating a whole bag of chocolate I bought at a mom-n-pop sweet shop. It was the worst then the best all in the same day. LOL!

So you ate breakfast at Parrot Cay... Not your norm! How is MDR breakfast vs. buffet?

Ooooh, can't wait to see all the cruise adventures you have in '13! I'll get to see 1 of them up close and personal! Woot!!!

Thank you, Kelly!!

That's hilarious that you missed your flight because you didn't hear the announcements! Chase missed a flight this summer because he missed the announcements! When he called us, were like - how on earth? Haha! I guess it happens! They didn't upgrade him, but they did rebook him for free thank goodness.

It was not our norm! I liked MDR breakfast. It just feels less hectic when you're not getting your own food and looking for seats.

And yes, you are in one of those big plans for 2013!!! Can not wait!!!!!!! :) :)

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I love that you got a pic of Izma's crony! My sister and I realized that the crony was the same actor who played Prince Charming in Twice Charmed - we referred to him as "Prince Hottie" and managed to keep spotting him in the shows! :p

Isn't it funny when you recognize the actors in a different show? And Prince Charming/Hottie :D to Izma's crony is not a good switch! Haha!

Camelot

Girls cruise shout out!!:D

You know after the girls cruise, we'll have the most epic trip report ever. One giant one, 20 different ones from different points of view, who knows! But it will be epic.

Ohhh....I'm just now reading this trip report, Tammy and had to reply to your post here about the Girl's Cruise...

Yes, Please, please, please have lots of TR's...for those of us who can't make the "Unofficial WDW Magic Girl's Cruise" next week :cry:. Thank you.:happy:

FlaggNL

Hej ;) love this older trip report! Great pics! Lovely food! And great to see some oics of a Canadian cruise!! Thanks!!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Ohhh....I'm just now reading this trip report, Tammy and had to reply to your post here about the Girl's Cruise...

Yes, Please, please, please have lots of TR's...for those of us who can't make the "Unofficial WDW Magic Girl's Cruise" next week :cry:. Thank you.:happy:

We will!! Several girls have already said they'll be writing one! I definitely am! :)

Hej ;) love this older trip report! Great pics! Lovely food! And great to see some oics of a Canadian cruise!! Thanks!!

Thank you for reading, FlaggNL! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom