New Year's Eve Announcement?

SyracuseOrange

It would be interesting to see if anyone can be in the park for the full 24 hours.

I totally could do it. But then again, I'm young, able-bodied, and I have a lot of practice from pulling tons of all-nighters in college & grad school.

Lots of caffeine, and I imagine many people could do it.

I am contiplating doing the 24 hours of Disney but man 24 hours in the magic kingdom, hmmm how many times can you ride space mountain and splash mountain??!! but hey you can say ive been there! my latest on record was 4;30am at grad nite 1999

Alektronic

How will 3rd shift manage the priority 5's? I'd hate to be in the park the afternoon of March 1st.

I'm not really sure about that either, but if they keep the ride operating the whole time they won't need to do the PM's. They could still do the ride vehicles, just cycle them off one at a time.

Pioneer Hall

How will 3rd shift manage the priority 5's? I'd hate to be in the park the afternoon of March 1st.

Will be interesting to see how they get things done, but my guess is that they will have no choice but to pay a few extra people to come into work that night to get things ready. I don't think they are going to get as good a close as usual. I wonder if the schedule on the official site is going to change though, since right now it shows morning EMH on 3/1.

WDW1974

Hi, my name is Hakuna........(Hi Hakunaaaaaaaaaa)

I have been reminded recently by some that I consider good online friends that I should not simply assume that others don't like Disney because they have positions that differ than mine. I have fallen trap to taking offense to a posting style in conjunction with a point of view about a certain topic and allowing that to muddle my opinion about the poster, when I don't know those individuals outside of this forum. I really don't think there is any here that truly hate Disney in the true sense of the word. I think there are those that may hate certain things that Disney does, as I recently have been experiencing a few of those instances myself.

So in the Spirit of trying to bring a bit of civility back to the conversation, I offer my shortcomings up as evidence that even a longtime member of the board can be wrong and my commitment to focus on what we are all here to do and discuss Disney and all things Disney related.

I think that anyone who would spend time here and didn't enjoy Disney would be out of their minds.

The issue seems to be some folks don't understand that you can love something and be critical (indeed, rip it apart at times) because you don't like what it is becoming, how it is being (mis)managed, how its PR/social media dept is actively going after 'independent' fan bloggers/podcasters/webmasters who will say 'WDW has never been better' when that is just a load of fetid pooh.

You also have a fair number of fans who haven't experienced WDW in its first quarter of a century. Or haven't been to DL or the international resorts. Or even traveled much at all. They honestly don't get that Disney can and has done better -- and still does so much better elsewhere. They don't get and won't accept that others do things better. Sure, someone can prefer Buzz to MiB (to use an argument that has been going on here). But when someone attempts to say Buzz is better ... well, there are artistic/creative/technical/financial reasons why that just isn't so.

Anyway... flat out, these fans don't realize their defending of anything/everything WDW Co does actually does contribute to a lower quality product for ALL of us. TDO very much is like Rizzo in the MuppetVision pre-show 'they're tourists ... what do they know?!' :eek:

Then, you do have some (I have no idea what percentage) of Disney fans who simply have some psych issue and an unnatural connection with the product ... as someone once told me outside the Brown Derby (yep, near that Eisner dedication plaque) they are searching for a childhood that never was and never will be.

I think most of us here can have a civil disagreement about anything theme park related ... but some are going to take it as an indictment of their value as a member of the species and attack the 'critics'.

I've decided to stop referring to myself (and Lee and anyone else) as a Hater because some folks don't get the joke ... we are critics ... and there is nothing wrong with looking at things with rational, discerning and, yes, critical eyes. You tend to see things as they are that way!

Wow, was that a mouthful!

WDW1974

No, there wasn't a time. Indeed, these kind of shows have to walk the line and entertain whilst laying on the pixie dust and showing what a great place it is. Otherwise they can be classed as a true commercial and need to pay advertising rates not to mention fall foul of the FAA (in the US)

What seems to irritate a lot of people is the lack of actual parade coverage. The show tried to be hip and edgy but was a mess of jump cuts, cheesy pre scripted moments, inane annoying voiceovers and wannabe host coverage, predictable crane swoops over static floats, and far too much pop show singing that bad nothing to do with a parade.

Yes, Disney have always laid on the saccharine with tv shows - Solomo hugging shots, smiling guests and the like, but watch older parade broadcasts and that's what the product concentrated on. The actual parade. This years edit tried to be the jack of all trades but was the master of none.

THIS!!! :wave:

I think that anyone who would spend time here and didn't enjoy Disney would be out of their minds.

The issue seems to be some folks don't understand that you can love something and be critical (indeed, rip it apart at times) because you don't like what it is becoming, how it is being (mis)managed, how its PR/social media dept is actively going after 'independent' fan bloggers/podcasters/webmasters who will say 'WDW has never been better' when that is just a load of fetid pooh.

You also have a fair number of fans who haven't experienced WDW in its first quarter of a century. Or haven't been to DL or the international resorts. Or even traveled much at all. They honestly don't get that Disney can and has done better -- and still does so much better elsewhere. They don't get and won't accept that others do things better. Sure, someone can prefer Buzz to MiB (to use an argument that has been going on here). But when someone attempts to say Buzz is better ... well, there are artistic/creative/technical/financial reasons why that just isn't so.

Anyway... flat out, these fans don't realize their defending of anything/everything WDW Co does actually does contribute to a lower quality product for ALL of us. TDO very much is like Rizzo in the MuppetVision pre-show 'they're tourists ... what do they know?!' :eek:

Then, you do have some (I have no idea what percentage) of Disney fans who simply have some psych issue and an unnatural connection with the product ... as someone once told me outside the Brown Derby (yep, near that Eisner dedication plaque) they are searching for a childhood that never was and never will be.

I think most of us here can have a civil disagreement about anything theme park related ... but some are going to take it as an indictment of their value as a member of the species and attack the 'critics'.

I've decided to stop referring to myself (and Lee and anyone else) as a Hater because some folks don't get the joke ... we are critics ... and there is nothing wrong with looking at things with rational, discerning and, yes, critical eyes. You tend to see things as they are that way!

Definately agree.

WDW1974

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they have plans for closing and reopening rides after midnight?

They will likely stagger things and almost assuredly run the park in EMH type mode where many attractions are closed ... I tried to do a 3 a.m. night back in May and had to leave and head to the GF because at 1:20, the ONLY place open for any type of food and beverage service was the bakery, which doesn't count to me.

NOTHING else. No Dole Whip stand. No Casey's hot dogs. No ice cream. Certainly no Pecos Bill's or Cosmic Ray's.

I would REALLY hope Disney will actively keep most of the park open, including dining venues ALL NIGHT but I am not sure someone like Phil Holmes is capable of grasping the fact people may get hungry during the night!

Starting to think about asking some other MAGICal dude if he wants to attempt an all-nighter just so we can look at how many of the folks in the park are REAL people and how many are social media whores. :wave:

disney fan 13

Completely agree

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom