New Year's Eve Announcement?

Captain Chaos

Except Macy's shows a parade. The Disney show has become mostly a bunch of singers with the occasional float stopped dead in main street. Not much parade at all anymore.

I really don't think you understand the definition of a parade. I didn't watch the Disney parade but from what it sounds like, it wasn't much of a parade at all. I watched the Macy's parade and there were performances but there were also moving floats and marching bands and it was the typical parade. From an entertainment standpoint, it's very possible that the Disney parade was more entertaining to you, but it was more of a bunch of concerts than an actual parade.

The Macy's Parade isn't as badly produced as Disney's Parade... But it isn't all that much better.... Most of the performances for Macy's is in the first hour from 9 to 10 before the parade reaches Macy's storefront where the bulk of the broadcast takes place... But once there, we get floats, we get H.S. marching bands, we get those giant balloons, we get dance squads and cheerleaders... And we get performers on FLOATS performing... My major complaint from Macy's coverage is I really don't care that it is some actress or actor's first time in NYC for Thanksgiving... Doesn't concern me... And do I need to see Al Roker's face every 10 minutes??? NO... Only thing worse is hearing Nick Cannon and Mario Lopez do an infomercial for 2 hours...

With that said, I'll take Macy's parade over Disney Parks Christmas Infomercial any day...

cslafferty

Getting back to the NYE announcement, here's my 2 cents:

I think, like some others have already said, they will probably extend the buy 3 get one free offer for at least through the slow period between spring break and summer vacation. But beyond that, I would be surprised. Don't forget that parts of the FLE will start opening in the fall, and that will bring people to the park with or without an incentive. Why should they offer big incentives to come when people will come anyway?? They are, after all, a business. And honestly, I expect when the FLE starts opening, it will be crowded enough - I really don't want even MORE people there because of a great deal!

I expected the 24 hour deal on Feb. 29th - and it's a fun thing for those who can take advantage of it.

I will be entering the vacation give away everyday til Feb. 29, 'cause you just never know!

If you've had it with how the TDC is handling things, the best way to show them is to stop going and giving them your money. Simple as that. The rest of us will continue to go because it's still the best place in the world.

Happy New Year to you all!!:wave:

bullsforthewin

I really don't think you understand the definition of a parade. I didn't watch the Disney parade but from what it sounds like, it wasn't much of a parade at all. I watched the Macy's parade and there were performances but there were also moving floats and marching bands and it was the typical parade. From an entertainment standpoint, it's very possible that the Disney parade was more entertaining to you, but it was more of a bunch of concerts than an actual parade.

The macys parade shows one balloon then shows a performance. The Christmas Parade showed the parade people just dont want to believe that they did but they did

hollywoodj

Getting back to the NYE announcement, here's my 2 cents:

I think, like some others have already said, they will probably extend the buy 3 get one free offer for at least through the slow period between spring break and summer vacation. But beyond that, I would be surprised. Don't forget that parts of the FLE will start opening in the fall, and that will bring people to the park with or without an incentive. Why should they offer big incentives to come when people will come anyway?? They are, after all, a business. And honestly, I expect when the FLE starts opening, it will be crowded enough - I really don't want even MORE people there because of a great deal!

I expected the 24 hour deal on Feb. 29th - and it's a fun thing for those who can take advantage of it.

I will be entering the vacation give away everyday til Feb. 29, 'cause you just never know!

If you've had it with how the TDC is handling things, the best way to show them is to stop going and giving them your money. Simple as that. The rest of us will continue to go because it's still the best place in the world.

Happy New Year to you all!!:wave:

THANK YOU. Agreed. And since when did this become a thread to debate the parades...?

redfive13

Do you think they will be doing anything extra in the MK that day? Extra fireworks? Merchandise? They are promoting it a lot for just 1 day.

Thoughts?

captainkidd

And yet if you did you would see that it was good and much better than the Macys thanksgiving parade

:lol:

Yeah, OK.

The Macy's Parade is a live (albeit, lip synched) parade that actually looks like a parade and has entertainment for the entire family. Disney's "parade" was a 2 hour taped, horribly edited commercial for Disney Parks, with the occasional character float headed down Main Street, with God Awful "musicians" pretending to sing, while 10 year old girls were directed to scream for them.

hollywoodj

Do you think they will be doing anything extra in the MK that day? Extra fireworks? Merchandise? They are promoting it a lot for just 1 day.

Thoughts?
I can see them adding a showing of Wishes. And I would think there would be some kind of t-shirt available for the occasion. :D

bullsforthewin

:lol:

Yeah, OK.

The Macy's Parade is a live (albeit, lip synched) parade that actually looks like a parade and has entertainment for the entire family. Disney's "parade" was a 2 hour taped, horribly edited commercial for Disney Parks, with the occasional character float headed down Main Street, with God Awful "musicians" pretending to sing, while 10 year old girls were directed to scream for them.

Do you really think that One Republic and Jennifer Hudson are God Awful "musicians"? Plus they also had two amazing christian singers

Disney's parade is more for all the family since it is actually enjoyable to watch.

bullsforthewin

i would hate to be picked to work that parade

You could say that again...

I was just thinking that there could of been a much better way to implement this whole idea of opening for 24 hours...it should of been the day before the official grand opening of the FLE...with final hour of the 24 hours being the opening ceremony....

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The performances and such just make the Disney Parade so much better than Macys...in my opinion of course

The Xmas Day "parade" was multiple infomercials followed up by commercials and then a "performance" or two that were apparently edited by amphetamine-addicted monkeys with ADHD and Tourette's. It was the most incohevise 2 hours I've ever seen come out of Disney. But if you like seeing the camera view change every .8 seconds, then that was the show for you.

And, for the record, I'm not the only person who will take Martin's opinion on television production values over that of someone who's been on the site for a week.

As for 2/29 - there won't be fireworks after midnight, so if you are expecting that you will be let down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom