New Year's Eve Announcement?

markc

I've been saying this for years now. All these "promos" seem to be last ditch efforts at gaining some extra revenue at the last minute. They seem to not understand that airfare is ridiculously expensive.

thats not true at all. For anybody informed on the airline industry - you'll know that the period between Jan-March is when airfares are significantly lower. Even travel to Florida from some colder, northern spots, will see lower fares this time of the year. For example, almost every airline has a NY-FL route that runs only $200 round trip up to 2 weeks prior to departure...so last minute trips are more than achievable this time of the year. Airfare is not the issue here. It's the matter of having vacation time.

hrcollectibles

And then everyone here would be complaining that they announced stuff that we already know. Someone is always going to complain.

I like the promotion.

I do as well.. Some people are never satisfied unless they are complaining. I think people have become accustomed to discounts and when Disney offers one that doesn't fit their budget or isn't a deal in their eyes it is the worst promotion ever.

Polydweller

I understand people's disappointment but I personally wasn't disappointed because I didn't expect anything. Truly big announcements about new expansions and big discountb romotions are done with press conferences not on ________ Clark.

Besides I expected this to be more about promoting the ________ Clark show than anything else. And it sound like from that perspective it was a success. It got lots of people to watch Clark who might not have.

Polydweller

Interesting how this site censors Mister Clark's real first name. Hmm, maybe the censorship should be revisited by the owners of this site.

Even with this being one of the less crowded times to go to WDW anyone that decides to book a trip today is going to be at a disadvantage for dining reservations. Now if you don't care about dining - then it isn't a big deal. But if you do...then it could be. We happen to be going at this time - something planned for the last year and I still made sure to call 180 days out to get Le Cellier reservations for 2 members of our party.

I will say I called first thing this morning and got Crystal Palace reservations for 9 at 8:35a.m. for Leap Year Day. Our plan is to get to the park at 7a.m., do Fantasyland and then eat breakfast. We can probably finish all our must do's in the park by noon and then relax the rest of the day and go back in the evening if we want to.

I'm wondering if there will be any merchandise tie ins.

~Amanda

IlikeDW

There was a parade??? All I saw was a two hour commercial hosted by two bozos with no parade...

If you have ever been in the park for the taping of the "Parade" you know its not much of a parade but more like a movie set, take 1, take 2, take 3..... Even the Star musicians do multiple takes, having experienced that the "parade" never seemed as magical to me:(

alissafalco

I understand people's disappointment but I personally wasn't disappointed because I didn't expect anything. Truly big announcements about new expansions and big discountb romotions are done with press conferences not on ________ Clark.

Besides I expected this to be more about promoting the ________ Clark show than anything else. And it sound like from that perspective it was a success. It got lots of people to watch Clark who might not have.

True, its the only reason why I decided to watch D. Clarks NYE show

Captain Chaos

If you have ever been in the park for the taping of the "Parade" you know its not much of a parade but more like a movie set, take 1, take 2, take 3..... Even the Star musicians do multiple takes, having experienced that the "parade" never seemed as magical to me:(

All I know is, when I turn on a show that says PARADE, I expect a parade, not a 2 hour infomercial...

Captain Chaos

True, its the only reason why I decided to watch D. Clarks NYE show

We always have on D,ick Clarks Rockin Eve, even though it hasn't been rockin in a long time... I'm not a Lady Gaga fan, but I must admit, she was really the only reason I paid any attention... I wanted to see what kind of wacky costume she wore... She didn't disappoint LOL.

Maybe Disney should hire her to run promotions and marketing... She seems to know what her fans and general public know and expect from her and she never fails to disappoint... Disney on the other hand......

novawildcat18

so you must hate the macys parade then....

I really don't think you understand the definition of a parade. I didn't watch the Disney parade but from what it sounds like, it wasn't much of a parade at all. I watched the Macy's parade and there were performances but there were also moving floats and marching bands and it was the typical parade. From an entertainment standpoint, it's very possible that the Disney parade was more entertaining to you, but it was more of a bunch of concerts than an actual parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom