New Year's Eve Announcement?

TinkerBelle8878

Figment's house is getting an Extreme Makeover? The Imageworks is coming back upstairs at Imagination Pavillion?

These are announcements I'd be thrilled with. But it being a NYE announcement, I'm definitely thinking something to do with Pleasure Island.

'Want to continue the NYE magic every night of the year?'

Its too on the nose to be something random.

JustInTime

FINALLY! News worth posting about.

Ok. I think the key thing here is the location of the announcement and how it's being done. If it were a huge announcement, this would be hard seeing how huge this crowd in MK will be and no press coverage. Also, I think we can safely eliminate the other 3 parks because there is a reason this is being held in the Magic Kingdom.

So....

Nothing huge, but cool. Limited to the Magic Kingdom. And it has something to do with the theme of Magic.

So I think this is related to the new expansion, RFID or talking Mickey. None are huge but will please some.

I think it could be a Pleasure Island update, but I don't know. It's the wrong platform for this kind of event.

menamechris

Original Poster
Ok. I think the key thing here is the location of the announcement and how it's being done. If it were a huge announcement, this would be hard seeing how huge this crowd in MK will be and no press coverage. Also, I think we can safely eliminate the other 3 parks because there is a reason this is being held in the Magic Kingdom.

So....

Nothing huge, but cool. Limited to the Magic Kingdom. And it has something to do with the theme of Magic.

Do we know something will be happening at the MK regarding the announcement?

NoChesterHester

So I think this is related to the new expansion, RFID or talking Mickey. None are huge but will please some.

I think it could be a Pleasure Island update, but I don't know. It's the wrong platform for this kind of event.

Pleasure Island celebrated New Years Eve every night. Perfect time to announce something related.

etwtec

Well at least "Let The Memories Begin" has not been extended, so that is a good thing!

As far as the announcement on NYE I bet it will have something to do with a technology update for the MK like tickets or fastpass. Or more info on The Sorcerers Of The Magic Kingdom... Whatever it is I am sure it will be nothing Overly exciting.

All this is announcement is going to do is make the MK ten times more crowded on NYE with all the locals trying to get in the park to hear the announcement haha.

menamechris

Original Poster
All this is announcement is going to do is make the MK ten times more crowded on NYE with all the locals trying to get in the park to hear the announcement haha.

I am pretty sure the announcement will just be via Disney Blog. There hasn't been any indication that there will be any sort of special presentation or announcement made at any of the parks. That would be insane to do on probably the busiest day of the year....

sorcerermickey9

I think you can probably scratch out an announcement related to it being a parade if it's something being announced on DC New Years Rockin' Eve...not to burst anybody's bubble... but a new parade or returning one isn't something you announce as a wide appeal announcement on a national broadcast like that...just doesn't make sense...Ryan Seacrest: "Wow thanks Lady Gaga for that incredible performance as always!"..."We now have an exciting announcement for all of us Disneyworld Fans out there...The Magic Kingdom will be returning the beloved Spectromagic ...." You know what I mean? :shrug: ...only if it was the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade would I see that type of announcement other than the Blog...I think we're looking more along the lines of a marketing campaign..next gen stuff..etc

sorcerermickey9

I think you can probably scratch out an announcement related to it being a parade if it's something being announced on DC New Years Rockin' Eve...not to burst anybody's bubble... but a new parade or returning one isn't something you announce as a wide appeal announcement on a national broadcast like that...just doesn't make sense...Ryan Seacrest: "Wow thanks Lady Gaga for that incredible performance as always!"..."We now have an exciting announcement for all of us Disneyworld Fans out there...The Magic Kingdom will be returning the beloved Spectromagic ...." You know what I mean? :shrug: ...only if it was the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade would I see that type of announcement other than the Blog...I think we're looking more along the lines of a marketing campaign..next gen stuff..etc

Thrill Seeker

My money is on Downtown Disney. Staggs specifically mentioned DTD in his post D23 talk, yet nothing has been announced...yet. New Years Eve would be a good time to unveil the new master plan for DTD... Hopefully it's something good.

Another interesting one would be another of those worst kept secrets...Test Track. We all know it's getting an overhaul, but it hasn't been announced officially. This could be that announcement.

What I'd love to see? Monsters Inc Coaster coming to DHS...

evilzorac

I figure the anouncement will be that they have decided to build time shares over every open space in the parks. Yes you to can own a DVC at the garbage plant.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I will jump conspiracy on this one with no basis whatsoever. Wishes is in Holiday trim. Wishes will not be New Year's Eve. New firework show ready to take over after the holidays? Doubtful, but would be intriguing, none the less.

Lee

Adventurer
I will jump conspiracy on this one with no basis whatsoever. Wishes is in Holiday trim. Wishes will not be New Year's Eve. New firework show ready to take over after the holidays? Doubtful, but would be intriguing, none the less.
Nope.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom