New Year's Eve Announcement?

etwtec

I just wish they would tell us what time they plan on making this announcement. I would imagine that most people aren't sitting glued to their TV's that night and I would just like to have some idea of when I should divert some attention that way.

That is what DVR is for hahaha. Then just forward through all the stupid parts, majority of the show, to hear the announcement. I am sure it will probably be a Extremely short segment/add toward the end of the show anyhow... Otherwise most would just watch the announcement and turn the show off haha.

WDW1974

God 24 hours is going to do wonders for the monorail system. Anyone willing to bet how many times the monorails are reported down?

Good question. But I'm sure all the EMHs (since '04) and hard ticket parties since haven't been easy on it, either.

I had an interesting conversation about the whole system with a friend soon after Staggs and Rasulo swapped roles. Her take on it was 'Iger wants to pretend the problems don't exist and pass the disaster on to his replacement' ... since the whole system should have been overhauled years ago, I can't disagree.

P.S. 74 I love the fact that you get how bad of shape WDW is in and that Disney has gone away from every standard that was applied when Walt or Roy were around. Can't stand these fanboys that defend the maintenance issues at WDW. We need more fans like you.

That's kind of you to say, Scuttle. But I wish there were no need whatsoever for fans such as myself (as far as calling Disney out). These issues simply shouldn't be. And I don't believe for a second that they have to be (yes, Disney IS a business ... but that doesn't preclude management from running it best for the long term and not simply tomorrow's closing bell). BOTH Walt and Roy loved to make money, no matter what you may hear/read. They just had a perspective on it ... and well, ethics and principles that today's management simply doesn't.

And while I get on the fanbois who blindly defend management, I do get it isn't exactly all their fault. If they have little or no perspective on WDW in its first 25 years ... and/or if they have never visited DL or the international resorts ... and/or if they haven't traveled much etc, I understand how Disney's insidious marketing team has conditioned them into believing today's WDW is the best it has ever been (and they have the social media whores who will scream it from the rooftops to feel important and empowered and get freebies and access) and not the Walmarted version folks like myself understand we all are getting.

It is complicated. But I sure wish I had something at WDW to gush over. But Dueling Dumbos and a C-Ticket that could have and should have been added back in the 90s just isn't enough ... it is barely a start. :xmas:

WDW1974

I just wish they would tell us what time they plan on making this announcement. I would imagine that most people aren't sitting glued to their TV's that night and I would just like to have some idea of when I should divert some attention that way.

I actually have given some thought into heading to WDW for NYE (yes, I must be crazy!:)) ... but, if not, I'll be watching the best variety show on TV -- the Kathy and Andy Comedy Show live from Times Square on CNN. Watching him play straight (well, ... OK, no jokes here, no matter how much I want to) man while drinking adult beverages is a (blank) load of fun! :xmas:

COProgressFan

Good idea.

I don't anyone who actually enjoys the swill that is Necafe. WDW used to have GREAT coffee and now ... UGH!!!

:xmas:

That Nescafe stuff is nasty! I wonder what ever happened to the talks between Disney and Starbucks for DL?

Also, anyone else upset about how they switched from fresh brewed iced tea in quick service locations to that gross pre-mixed stuff about 2 years ago? Yuck...

Scuttle

That Nescafe stuff is nasty! I wonder what ever happened to the talks between Disney and Starbucks for DL?

Also, anyone else upset about how they switched from fresh brewed iced tea in quick service locations to that gross pre-mixed stuff about 2 years ago? Yuck...

Anything to save money.

Pioneer Hall

That is what DVR is for hahaha. Then just forward through all the stupid parts, majority of the show, to hear the announcement. I am sure it will probably be a Extremely short segment/add toward the end of the show anyhow... Otherwise most would just watch the announcement and turn the show off haha.

By the time I get home and watch it on my DVR the next day I will have already heard about it 500 times on the internet. I would like to hear it at the announcement time as opposed to just reading up on it here after the fact.

I actually have given some thought into heading to WDW for NYE (yes, I must be crazy!:)) ... but, if not, I'll be watching the best variety show on TV -- the Kathy and Andy Comedy Show live from Times Square on CNN. Watching him play straight (well, ... OK, no jokes here, no matter how much I want to) man while drinking adult beverages is a (blank) load of fun! :xmas:

I spend the night at a friend's house who hosts the holiday each year. But we spend more time mulling around talking than we do sitting near the TV. We will swap between some shows, but ABC is usually the one that gets the most TV time.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Gold Peak? Gold Peak is really good. Dunno what you're drinking...:shrug:
I have to agree. I am almost religiously opposed to concentrated tea syrups served through soda fountains but Gold Peak is as good as it gets and comes very close to passing for real tea. It will never be as good as real tea but I'll take it. Another good thing is that the flavor is consistent. Fresh brewed tea flavor can vary quite a bit because of age, prep method and sugar content. I have gotten to the point that I only order it in a few places these days because you never know if you are going to get stale tea of crap that is so sweet that you instantly develop diabetes.

GLaDOS

One More Disney Day, huh?

I wonder if they will add a free day onto your vacation day (certain minimum stay likely required). Maybe get back that day Universal stole from them with Potter?

Just a thought.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's their thinking as well.

JustInTime

The announcement with have a few components from what I am told.

24 hours of feb 29th.

That will also mark the opening/announcement of Circusland in Orlando and Carsland in California.

Plus there will be a booking promotion where you get "One more Disney day"...

Disday

I believe that Iger was referring to them spending less in 2012 than they have in previous years - which included 2 cruise ships, DCA expansion, and FL expansion.:)

COProgressFan

I have to agree. I am almost religiously opposed to concentrated tea syrups served through soda fountains but Gold Peak is as good as it gets and comes very close to passing for real tea. It will never be as good as real tea but I'll take it. Another good thing is that the flavor is consistent. Fresh brewed tea flavor can vary quite a bit because of age, prep method and sugar content. I have gotten to the point that I only order it in a few places these days because you never know if you are going to get stale tea of crap that is so sweet that you instantly develop diabetes.

While Gold Peak may be better than others, "Close to passing for real tea" is certainly not the same thing as real tea! The ice tea Disney served was always pretty fresh tasting in my experience across property, and unsweetened.

Anyway, I am sure the switch over had to do with cost, not just in terms of product, but in terms of cleaning the brewers every day, etc.

lebeau

While Gold Peak may be better than others, "Close to passing for real tea" is certainly not the same thing as real tea! The ice tea Disney served was always pretty fresh tasting in my experience across property, and unsweetened.

Anyway, I am sure the switch over had to do with cost, not just in terms of product, but in terms of cleaning the brewers every day, etc.

If true, how sad is that? McDonald's can afford to clean the brewers and Disney can not?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

I would agree if we were talking about the TS restaurants but the CS places varied widely. So much so that I stopped ordering it for years. I just recently switched back to tea in the parks because of Gold Peak. I'll take a consistent 90% over a 50%-100%, luck of the draw, any day.

COProgressFan

I would agree if we were talking about the TS restaurants but the CS places varied widely. So much so that I stopped ordering it for years. I just recently switched back to tea in the parks because of Gold Peak. I'll take a consistent 90% over a 50%-100%, luck of the draw, any day.

If I can't have fresh brewed iced tea, if they bring Coke Zero to more counter locations, I'd be happy !

I love how threads can wander so much at WDW Magic... :)

devoy1701

If I can't have fresh brewed iced tea, if they bring Coke Zero to more counter locations, I'd be happy !

I love how threads can wander so much at WDW Magic... :)

I just wish they would carry other diet options besides just Diet Coke. I for one prefer to eat my calories rather than drink them, but I would appreciate Diet Barq's, Coke Zero, Sprite Zero, Fresca, etc.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I just wish they would carry other diet options besides just Diet Coke. I for one prefer to eat my calories rather than drink them, but I would appreciate Diet Barq's, Coke Zero, Sprite Zero, Fresca, etc.
I have often wondered how well the new Coke freestyle machines would hold up under Disney Conditions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom