New water-side restaurant 'Spice Road Table' coming to Epcot's Morocco Pavilion?

aladdin2007

Are you quite sure I know there was also a Music Hall which was planned that was going to be based on how UK has had an impact on music - I thought that was the AA show, and Carol was going to be a dark ride ...

hmm very well could be,,,Martin would know for sure.

MKCP 1985

Got excited for a moment when I mis-read the thread title to say "Water slide . . . coming to Morocco." Well, we all know that's not going to happen for any number of reasons but I'd be more happy to read of more attractions coming to Epcot, the park with the most restaurants (seemingly) already.

I see I'm not the only one who saw it that way.

Lauratron

Has there been any indication on what will happen to Tangierine Cafe?? I had passed over this restaurant for many many years and finally decided to try it a few years ago and fell in love with the food; especially the sliders, lamb wraps, and the sides. I try to eat there at least 2 or 3 times when I visit and have tried to find equal or similar cuisine outside of Disney without much luck. I will be pretty devastated if those food items will no longer be offered :(

ParentsOf4

I get that as well. I wasn't that clear. I meant more so for Future World side of EPCOT Center. Although I would not be against a new ride for World Showcase. Nothing along the lines of a thrill ride. To me it would be nice if all the countries had a boat ride like Norway and Mexico. Even if they added new countries with the rides.
I agree, what you suggest would be nice. WS overdid it with movies; a cheap way out of investing in something more entertaining. But even with all that sponsorship, Epcot even in the state that it opened was a financial stretch for Disney. By the time they had the means to invest more, they had moved on and still have, IMHO, two incomplete parks in DHS and DAK that need more TLC than WS.

I still wish they would add a few more countries though.;)

aladdin2007

Has there been any indication on what will happen to Tangierine Cafe?? I had passed over this restaurant for many many years and finally decided to try it a few years ago and fell in love with the food; especially the sliders, lamb wraps, and the sides. I try to eat there at least 2 or 3 times when I visit and have tried to find equal or similar cuisine outside of Disney without much luck. I will be pretty devastated if those food items will no longer be offered :(

I think its staying as is

Figments Friend

Maybe they feel they would get more business out in public view instead of being tucked in the back of the pavillion. Which is a shame as wandering back to the restaurant is a pretty cool feeling, kinda like the back alleys and side streets one would expect to find in Morocco.

A very valid point...thus why the Morocco Pavillion is my favorite in WS. You can literally be completey surrounded by the atmosphere of that place walking from the front to the back. Absolutely love the ambiance of the place inside and out, day or night.

I guess a lot of today*s Guests are in too much of a hurry now with the pre-planned-everything time crunch to actually spend a few moments *exploring* EPCOT...much less the rest of WDW.

Making the trek from the main walkway to the entrance of Marrakesh is a delight everyone who enjoys full theming should savor at least once.

Figments Friend

The architecture better be astoundingly better than La Hacienda's. This is the most authentic pavilion in the park in my opinion. Get it right, and avoid clutter at all costs. It was one thing to put it in front of Mexico's lone pyramid, but the Morocco pavilion's skyline was a thing of perfection.
-
Agree.
Let us hope the add on will fit in well with the rest of the Pavillions look and feel.

dreamfinder

That doesn't look like a big footprint at all. Are we maybe only talking about doubling the size of that existing building? So a small tapas prep kitchen with walkup counter in one "shop", maybe 3-5 indoor tables in the second "shop", and a small outdoor seating area? That would strike me as being thematically correct for the region (even if the food is a stretch), and might not be that large of an eyesore if done right.

muteki

That doesn't look like a big footprint at all. Are we maybe only talking about doubling the size of that existing building? So a small tapas prep kitchen with walkup counter in one "shop", maybe 3-5 indoor tables in the second "shop", and a small outdoor seating area? That would strike me as being thematically correct for the region (even if the food is a stretch), and might not be that large of an eyesore if done right.

Yeah I'm surprised it looks so small. If it sticks to that footprint my RoE spot might be saved.

michmousefan

Memphis-style barbecue pork ribs. ;)

I mean, hey if Tomorrowland can have those godawful turkey legs, getting real barbecue at the American Adventure should be a breeze.
Actually, there's great BBQ right now at the AA as part of the Food offerings for the Flower & Garden show. I didn't try the Pulled Pig slider but the Smoked Brisket was really good. Rib Shack Red was a fine accompaniment. So... you got until what, mid-May?

FabulousFigment

Need some good ol' Carolina BBQ down in that there Worl'. Dry rubbed ribs, corn puppies, fried pickles, slaw-- I am glad that they are getting away from the typical Burger but wish it was all the time and not just for F&G. It would make my cowboy husband giddy.

rael ramone

What, they didn't call it 'some-thing some-thing grill'?

I have so much hate for this announcement.

I mentioned many places since I started here (mostly in the dining section), that Marrakesh is by far my favorite theme park restaurant. (I had the Bistro up at that level as well, and I can't confirm that it still belongs there after the change until I try it).

The atmosphere (especially for lunch) is great. The entertainment is great. The lamb meshoshi (sp?) is great. the moroccan sunrise is great. And the bastilla's are real good (my chicken bastilla is better - but it is so labor intensive I'm lucky if I make it once every 2 years).

Oh, and one other thing. It's actually possible to eat there by :eek: walking in!!!!! (I would gladly do an 180 adr for it if it was the only way to get in the door)...

Anything that threatens it's existence is not an enhancement (and neither is a MG&G in the old city section).

The only customers (I deliberately said customers, not guests) they care about now are Joe Diningplan, Jake Sixpack, and Princess Suzy...

Oh, but now there are tapas now.... well, how long did Spoodles last (which was great when it first opened - had a great veal shank w/ Israeli couscous once) before they decided 'hey, Italy is on the Mediterranean, let's load up the menu with stuff like Chicken Parm'...

taz0162

Everytime I see this title I keep thinking that it says A New Water-Slide Restaurant coming to Epcot's Morocco Pavilion? and imagine trying to eat while trying to go down said slide.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom