News New Villains Show Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2025

bmr1591

Incoming piece from Inside The Magic:

Cars attraction closing FOREVER at Disney Park.

Leads people to believe something is happening to Cars Land at DCA..

It’s annoying, but it’s hard to blame them when it obviously drives traffic and it is a business for them.

This move is brilliant at so many levels, can't think of too many cons...

Pros
  • Can test & adjust the "intensity" to determine how far they can go in a villains land (I already think HM is a decent indicator, but I guess they just want to test other items).
  • 100% likely they will attach merch/F&B cart to start figuring out what sells
  • ADDED CAPACITY - while it's a 1:1 match in theoretical capacity, this will certainly be far more popular and utilized than Racing Academy. Will help whenever they shutdown Animation Courtyard by "moving" people back there now just a bit.

Cons
  • One less attraction at DHS dedicated to younger children, but the LM returning will at least help just a bit

I have to imagine once they work out the issues w/ Jollywood (which they kinda did last year) and have a solid year, they'll approve a similar event at DHS. I'd have to imagine they're limited at how many nights they can run MNSSHP, so having another event on property should help keep revenue up without having to to start not so scary in July.

While they could build "fun" haunted houses, Jollywood has proven that Disney really only needs to add 3-4 "exclusive" entertainment offerings to convince people to fork over $150+

Few Jollywood nights sold out last year. I’m not sure they added enough this year to make people suddenly want to come either. They need different M&Gs than what you can see at Very Merry. And while I know people love Nightmare Before Christmas, I’m so tired of Jack and Sally being the feature of both seasonal parties.

Oof. My kid's only HS interests are Racing Academy, Muppets, PizzeRizzo, Runaway Railway, and Toy Story Mania. Anxious times!

In all fairness, that’s almost half of the available attractions at HS.

JustInTime

Great to see more live entertainment! Although I do think it's a little weird that this is going to DHS while we're getting a villains land at MK but this year's before that'll open. I agree with many that this a testing ground for how intense villains land will be.
I think it makes sense because fantasmic is there. I wouldn’t mind the whole area getting a spooky vibe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom