News New Villains Show Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2025

ToTBellHop

Dr. Strange is vaguely horror-adjacent in some ways. Doing a RNRC replacement styled as Dr. Strange: Mirrorverse of Madness or whatever with a lot of space-folding mirror dimension projections could be a good way to make decent use of the existing layout while taking into account the limited space for setpieces.
Actually sounds pretty cool!

maleficentfan

They did in AK with the Lion King show when Pandora took the old spot
Lion King is a people eater, extremely popular and I'm sure get high GSR scores, and honestly works better in Africa than it did in Camp Minnie-Mickey. I definitely think it's around 1% at best that Disney actually moves something instead of completely replacing it. In this particular case, Lion King was the exception, not the rule.

Sneaky

So like…. a Villain Land?
IMG_2733.jpeg

Say that again?

Quietmouse

Hopefully this one can be more geared for an older audience. I know it’s Disney, but mermaids and Anna Elsa sing alongs clearly target a certain age demographic.

Hollywood studios used to have alot more mature content shows, so hopefully this is at the very least somewhat sorta geared towards adults.

TrainsOfDisney

They have?
Yes, not a crazy common occurrence but it has happened. Festival of Lion King is the most recent. Carousel of Progress moved twice, from Worlds Fair to Disneyland and then from Disneyland to MK.

Specific to 3D shows Captain EO left and came back but without all in theatre effects. So the idea of moving muppets to another 3d theatre would certainly be on the table.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom