News New Villains Show Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2025

Andrew25

This move is brilliant at so many levels, can't think of too many cons...

Pros
  • Can test & adjust the "intensity" to determine how far they can go in a villains land (I already think HM is a decent indicator, but I guess they just want to test other items).
  • 100% likely they will attach merch/F&B cart to start figuring out what sells
  • ADDED CAPACITY - while it's a 1:1 match in theoretical capacity, this will certainly be far more popular and utilized than Racing Academy. Will help whenever they shutdown Animation Courtyard by "moving" people back there now just a bit.

Cons
  • One less attraction at DHS dedicated to younger children, but the LM returning will at least help just a bit

Does Disney dare try and do a Halloween Horror Nights style event at DHS in the future? 🤔
I have to imagine once they work out the issues w/ Jollywood (which they kinda did last year) and have a solid year, they'll approve a similar event at DHS. I'd have to imagine they're limited at how many nights they can run MNSSHP, so having another event on property should help keep revenue up without having to to start not so scary in July.

While they could build "fun" haunted houses, Jollywood has proven that Disney really only needs to add 3-4 "exclusive" entertainment offerings to convince people to fork over $150+

wannabeBelle

I am pretty happy about this and think it is a good move. Also I wonder if they may stage more than one version of the show, maybe shows earlier in the day could be less intense and then as it gets later in the evening, it could more intense for those who prefer it? As far as the LMRA, it was a one and done for me. Cute , yes but not something I'd bother going to see again. The only thing with this location is that I always forget it is there and had to actually remind myself on one of my trips to go see Lightning McQueen!!! Hopefully the show wont suffer due to that. Marie

mattpeto

By 2030 if we are lucky. This really just feels like a stop gap solution. A bit like how the Cars show was a stop gap until a proper Cars attraction.

This may also help explain some of the conflicting MK vs HS rumours for Villains Land.
It's clearly a pilot to see what works.

It will help them determine what works and what to create and design for at MK.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
...with fiendish foes Cruella de Vil, Captain Hook and Maleficent each breaking through the glass to take the stage in live production numbers.

Cruella and Maleficent will for sure be face characters (I don't think they have ever appeared as non-face characters before anyways), but does that mean James Hook will be a face character too? If so, hopefully whatever they do is an improvement on what they had for Dream Along With Mickey!

James Alucobond

The only thing with this location is that I always forget it is there and had to actually remind myself on one of my trips to go see Lightning McQueen!!! Hopefully the show wont suffer due to that. Marie
Makes me wonder ... Is there a way to reconfigure the Tower of Terror queue to better visually connect it, RNRC, and Racing Academy? The three together (and Fantasmic to an extent, for that matter) could make an interesting "scarier" area if RNRC is eventually rethemed in a related way. Would be cool it they all took on a style similar to the Tower as well.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Great to see more live entertainment! Although I do think it's a little weird that this is going to DHS while we're getting a villains land at MK but this year's before that'll open. I agree with many that this a testing ground for how intense villains land will be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom