News New Villains Show Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2025

Chef idea Mickey`=

I know I'm in the minority, but I will be passing on this. I hope they will repurpose the Lightning McQueen audio-animatronic. Makes me sad for all the little kids and adults, too, who do enjoy the current show. I'm all for live entertainment; I'm just not the villains fan that others are.
I'm actually surprised it would be leaving this soon.

brb1006

Gotta get them facing their fears young ;)
Kids these days are so soft. Older WDW fans and vistiors that were kids during the 1970s and 1980s had to deal with stuff like this. Yet they loved it as the same time.
14fe4a160.jpg

30905475_4m.jpg

alien-encounter-pub-700x525.jpg

The Magic Kingdom (and WDW in general) used to have actual scary elements for their attractions but taught us that not everything is all sunshine and rainbow.

Last edited:

Florida Man

Plus if say Monster's Inc was greened for Animation Courtyard then all those Jr stuff would be moved or removed?

You can't demand nor push force face something into thinking they'll then like it. Liking anything comes from yourself. I'm not into it at all but that doesn't mean I don't believe Hollywood Studios was a better fit for all Halloween stuff.
By the time Monsters opens tho, he’s not going to be 6 anymore. He might be 10 and will probably be ready for a roller coaster.

Ice Gator

I don't think it was awful. It served its purpose, or it would have if it wasn't so hidden back there. The Lightning AA is really nice. I know people who worked on it and I don't think they aimed for awful. They just worked with what they had.
I actually held pieces of it while it was being built in Michigan. Very impressive AA. Wouldn't be shocked if they end up repurposing it for MK down the line.

AidenRodriguez731

I wonder if this theater could be a way to “test the waters” for other Ip/ideas in the future. Maybe once Villians is done they can move a version of this over there + make a new IP for a land/ride they want to possibly promote upcoming. Basically a naturally rotating show every few years, plenty of time for people to see it, if its popular, they can move it usually. If not, scrap it.

TrainsOfDisney

Disney is not ever going to spend the money to move an attraction
They have in the past.
Entertainment needs time to get the new offering "show ready" before Epic Universe opens.
Entertainment can program and rehearse the show long before the space is ready. I’m surprised they aren’t running the cars until January 5-ish

seabreezept813

We just discovered LM this summer as the perfect spot to wait out RS when doing Rock and Roller coaster. Perfect length to sit and have a donut and coffee and kids felt like they were doing something. Fingers crossed villains is not too scary for littles because let’s face is HS only offers a small amount for the 8 and under set. I’m sure if my kiddos will sit through villains we won’t get the theater to ourselves like we did at lightning mcqueen. The bathrooms over there were also a hidden gem. Unused and absolutely spotless.

rct247

Calling it that this announcement will help say they are still doing something for 2025 when they ax or move the Mermaid show planned for Animation and for them to announce Monsters.

James Alucobond

Calling it that this announcement will help say they are still doing something for 2025 when they ax or move the Mermaid show planned for Animation and for them to announce Monsters.
The Mermaid show just had new media put out during D23, and its fall opening date was reiterated. Mermaid is still happening, and Villains was in development long before the current silence about the location of Monsters regardless. It is not meant as a “trade” for Mermaid.

jrhwdw

The Mermaid show just had new media put out during D23, and its fall opening date was reiterated. Mermaid is still happening, and Villains was in development long before the current silence about the location of Monsters regardless. It is not meant as a “trade” for Mermaid.
Any insight on why we don't have a Date yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom