New unload projection effect at the Haunted Mansion

lazyboy97o

Second, I always thought a pointing index finger was considered an insult in come cultures. I believe I read that was why cast members were trained to point with two fingers instead of one.
:shrug: Of course, the "traditions" standard has been severely reduced over the years at Disney.
Exactly what I was thinking. Disney brags about their two fingered point and then goes and does this.

Disneyfanman

Oh for goodness sakes. I am convinced that Disney could relocate a trash can and cause grumbling. They probably spent a few bucks to solve what was obviously a problem. I would much rather have this than a lap bar and doom buggies that stop every rotation to let folks off. Nice work to the mouse. Now return Fantasmic to a nightly performace please.

Captain Hank

Exactly what I was thinking. Disney brags about their two fingered point and then goes and does this.
The two-fingered point has never applied to signs and the like. This has been on Main Street for years:

mk+health+sign.jpg

And, to answer many people in this thread: YES, people really can be that stupid. It doesn't matter that the Doombuggy only really opens from one side. People will attempt to climb over the other side, even though the exit is obviously on the left. Why? Darned if I know.

Neverland

Second, I always thought a pointing index finger was considered an insult in come cultures. I believe I read that was why cast members were trained to point with two fingers instead of one.
:shrug: Of course, the "traditions" standard has been severely reduced over the years at Disney.

I believe when I was trained, I was told that it's not a pointing index finger that's offensive, it's pointing to someone with an index finger that's offensive. So CMs do the two fingered point just in case there is someone standing where they're pointing who might get offended.

And, to answer many people in this thread: YES, people really can be that stupid. It doesn't matter that the Doombuggy only really opens from one side. People will attempt to climb over the other side, even though the exit is obviously on the left. Why? Darned if I know.

It happens on my rides too, even though the openings/doors are located on the left, with the solid side of the car on the right. Some kid jumped out of the right side of a car at unload 20 minutes into my very first day, and we had to e-stop and power disconnect, then coax him to climb back over the car and onto the safe side of the track.

Captain Hank

It happens on my rides too, even though the openings/doors are located on the left, with the solid side of the car on the right. Some kid jumped out of the right side of a car at unload 20 minutes into my very first day, and we had to e-stop and power disconnect, then coax him to climb back over the car and onto the safe side of the track.
Oh man, when I worked at Mission: Space Guests would exit the wrong way out of the capsules nearly every dispatch. That would cause back-ups for the teams entering the capsules. Then, if it wasn't sorted out within a certain amount of time, a door fault. Thankfully, it was something easy to clear, but still annoying.

Kamikaze

what a waste of time, money.... Disney needs some serious help. All they really care about these days is the bottom line, not an enjoyable experience. It's really sad, I know they are trying to better things with the whole FLE but it looks like a war zone...

How exactly does this add to the 'bottom line'?

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
This just proves my long held belief that "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

:brick:

Testtrack321

If I had to take an educated guess (Industrial Engineering minor with studies in Human Factors), people entered from the left, and thus, they think they have to exit from the right, like when you enter a Disney theater, getting off a coaster train where load/unload is at the same platform, etc.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
It coincides with the Underpants Gnome business philosophy.

1. Hand projection
2. ????
3. Profit

:ROFLOL:
Genius!

I really hope that previous post about only being about the bottom line was a troll attempt, otherwise, we may have found the hand projection's target audience...

hpyhnt 1000

If I had to take an educated guess (Industrial Engineering minor with studies in Human Factors), people entered from the left, and thus, they think they have to exit from the right, like when you enter a Disney theater, getting off a coaster train where load/unload is at the same platform, etc.

I hope these people don't use the same logic when entering/leaving other situations. :lol: When they get in their car, for example, they entered on the drivers side, so does that mean they have to leave on the passenger side? Or if they enter their house through the front door, do they leave through the back?

I think the thing to take away from all this is that there are members of society who, simply put, act and think in ways that science and reason will never be able to explain.

mrpygmypuff

You can't fault Disney for protecting themselves against people's studpity, as well as their propensity for suing over any little reason. It's a shame, but it's reality. If someone were to climb out the obviously wrong side of the Doom Buggy and get maimed or killed, they'd sue and would probably win or get a settlement.

Again, can't fault Disney for feeling the need to do this.

give me a break! Disney cares little about safety or they would have shut down the chair lift at Blizzard Beach. I had trouble getting off, then I turn around and my sister and her daughter and under the car. The manager of the park came back with "It's that cast members third day on that attraction" Truthfully, they should have sued, you have no idea what it's like to see your family members under and ride, her three year old who was with them still talks about it, it's something he will never forget, thanks for the memories Disney!!! I really don't think the HM is should be the primary focus for safety hazards. really!!!!

WDWmazprty

give me a break! Disney cares little about safety or they would have shut down the chair lift at Blizzard Beach. I had trouble getting off, then I turn around and my sister and her daughter and under the car. The manager of the park came back with "It's that cast members third day on that attraction" Truthfully, they should have sued, you have no idea what it's like to see your family members under and ride, her three year old who was with them still talks about it, it's something he will never forget, thanks for the memories Disney!!! I really don't think the HM is should be the primary focus for safety hazards. really!!!!

:lookaroun wow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom