New unload projection effect at the Haunted Mansion

thelookingglass

give me a break! Disney cares little about safety or they would have shut down the chair lift at Blizzard Beach. I had trouble getting off, then I turn around and my sister and her daughter and under the car. The manager of the park came back with "It's that cast members third day on that attraction" Truthfully, they should have sued, you have no idea what it's like to see your family members under and ride, her three year old who was with them still talks about it, it's something he will never forget, thanks for the memories Disney!!! I really don't think the HM is should be the primary focus for safety hazards. really!!!!
Statistically, Walt Disney World has an excellent safety record. They may let attraction special effects break and never fix them these days, but they do not mess around with safety.

And I'm sorry you have trouble getting out of a chair lift that moves slower than standard chair lifts.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
368720116.jpg

TalkingHead

Statistically, Walt Disney World has an excellent safety record. They may let attraction special effects break and never fix them these days, but they do not mess around with safety.

And I'm sorry you have trouble getting out of a chair lift that moves slower than standard chair lifts.

Yeah and they really take transportation safety seriously. It's not like they've had any transportation "incidents" over the past few years.

mrpygmypuff

it's not a chair lift, it's a ski lift design, as I recall we didn't have ski's on.... Manager also told up that taller people have trouble getting off, I didn't see a too tall to ride sign.

inluvwithbeast

I hope these people don't use the same logic when entering/leaving other situations. :lol: When they get in their car, for example, they entered on the drivers side, so does that mean they have to leave on the passenger side? Or if they enter their house through the front door, do they leave through the back?

I think the thing to take away from all this is that there are members of society who, simply put, act and think in ways that science and reason will never be able to explain.

As Americans, we have a tendency to do everything to the right. Walk on the right side of the road, walk down the right side of the stairs, go through the right hand door. Shake with the right hand. Just a natural reaction.

Also, I have a small issue with writing these people of as idiots. Maybe they're just not observant as they've just experienced something very immersive and their mind is back on the ride. I could see myself doing that to be quite honest. But maybe I'm an idiot. :shrug:

Computer Magic

It true...Internet, cable, and video games have made people lose a few brain cells. That ride has been around about 40 years and NOW they have to have an effect to show people how to exit the ride.:brick::rolleyes:

:ROFLOL:

spaceghost

It true...Internet, cable, and video games have made people lose a few brain cells. That ride has been around about 40 years and NOW they have to have an effect to show people how to exit the ride.:brick::rolleyes:

Nah, people have always been stupid. Those that aren't are just better at identifying it now.

Thrill

I honestly don't see how this is a necessity, but at least it doesn't seem to be so intrusive that it would ruin anything. So I guess if it helps, it doesn't bother me.

Unfortunate, but yes. To get an idea of how ignorant some people are, look closely at the package next time you make a frozen pizza at home. Some brands are "kind" enough to remind you of two very important things: you ahve to cook the food before eating it, and you should remove the food from the plastic before putting it in the oven.

On a similar note, I believe that manuals for phones advise users against putting the battery in a microwave.

thelookingglass

If anything, those things have made people smarter. This probably came about NOW because of some regulation that required them to do this.

Talk about Foolish Mortals.

Ba-dum ching!

Hahaha! That made my day! :ROFLOL:

A couple of points though (no pun intended)... the two finger point or full hand point are so as not to offend guest from certain areas of the world where a one finger point is considered an inappropriate gesture (like in some countries where the middle finger is not a sign of disrespect like it is here). I've often wondered why we had to point with full hand or two fingers, but many a sign used a hand pointing with a single finger (maybe a picture is less offensive?).

Also, is it possible this was created for the hearing impaired who may not already be aware of how/where to exit? :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom