New unload projection effect at the Haunted Mansion

jhastings74

... but then again, just picture some of the people you've seen in the parks (or anywhere really) and it makes it easier to picture.

That is an excellent point, my friend...

I would have just put a bottomless pit on the other side, the screams of the falling would add to the overall effect of the mansion, and it would have thin out the herd .... to much? Would that be too extreme?

LOL! No, I don't think that'd be too extreme. I think it'd be perfect...and really add to the themeing...

1stStarIC2nite

You're just crazy ;) LOL
It debuted this week. A test may have been possible, but it began full time this past week.

Actually, the effect was tested with guests on the night of the 28th during MNSSHP. Then, it debuted in full the next day, and has been pointing ever since. So it's been there for a little bit longer than that.

It debuted without the green "tint," which has only been there for a week or so now.

In general it works, but people still don't realize the ride is over, or they try exiting out to the right side. :shrug:

EpcotServo

Ignoring the fact the vehcicles were already designed to have guests only go that way, It's great to see Glove from Yellow Submarine making an OSHA-endorsed appearance at the end of the ride.

:brick:

Phonedave

Ah, So THATS what that was.

I was on HM last week and I was not paying particular attention when we got into unload. (I think I was looking for something in my pockets) and out of the corner of my eye I saw a green flash on the car in front of me. I wondered what it was, and I hung out in unload for a bit and could see that there was a green light that would play over the backs of the buggies, but I could not see what it was. I assumed it was some sort of 'spooky' effect.

-dave

s8film40

One of my favorite ride safety announcements is at the unload for Primeval Whirl, it continually repeats "Please stand before exiting". Although I have yet to see someone roll themselves out of the vehicle it wouldn't surprise me.

Toveck

I would have just put a bottomless pit on the other side, the screams of the falling would add to the overall effect of the mansion, and it would have thinned out the herd .... to much? Would that be too extreme?

Exactly! Natural Selection at it's finest! :lol:

ToTBellHop

I actually enjoy it...it serves a purpose but is also creepy (and sarcastic--appropriate from the Ghost Host). I approve. I actually think it's kind of funny.

Oddysey

One of my favorite ride safety announcements is at the unload for Primeval Whirl, it continually repeats "Please stand before exiting". Although I have yet to see someone roll themselves out of the vehicle it wouldn't surprise me.

I have, and it did not end well for the poor woman.

True story.

thelookingglass

I like it, but I also do think its kind of pointless since you basically can't go out the other way. But it also may help those who don't speak English understand that its time to get out.

squeek

This effect was there and working while I was in WDW between Sept 24 - Oct 5th, But the finger was White when we were in the HM, I think its an easy and neat effect..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom