New unload projection effect at the Haunted Mansion

Atomicmickey

I got out of the Doom buggy on the right side thinking it was the left side once, fell over and was decapitated. True story. Don't do it, I miss having my head.

imagineer boy

I like it. Maybe they could tweak it to use a skeleton hand.

skeleft.gif

That's what I was thinking. That would be way cooler.

The current effect is just fine though.

magic2me

I am sure they put it in because there were too many stupid people on the ride trying to get out.

I do think they did a nice job it working in the hand and keeping with the theming of the HM.

mickey2008.1

Just when you think people cant get any dumber, they do. But at least wdw has a clever way of showing them where to go. If only they could put these hands all the way to the exit of the park and get them out.

mrpygmypuff

what a waste of time, money.... Disney needs some serious help. All they really care about these days is the bottom line, not an enjoyable experience. It's really sad, I know they are trying to better things with the whole FLE but it looks like a war zone...

bsiev1977

what a waste of time, money.... Disney needs some serious help. All they really care about these days is the bottom line, not an enjoyable experience. It's really sad, I know they are trying to better things with the whole FLE but it looks like a war zone...

You can't fault Disney for protecting themselves against people's studpity, as well as their propensity for suing over any little reason. It's a shame, but it's reality. If someone were to climb out the obviously wrong side of the Doom Buggy and get maimed or killed, they'd sue and would probably win or get a settlement.

Again, can't fault Disney for feeling the need to do this.

Captain Chaos

Please, share with us, how does this ruin your experience????

mike7904

seems like a nice little add on but still think its kind of silly that they needed it in the first place. does this count as a refurb?

thelookingglass

In the big scheme of things, this cost them next to nothing to install.

Edit: agreed that it should be a skeleton hand, but at least its green.

Mickey92

Good idea! Wasn't expecting it to sweep from top right to bottom left, I was expecting it to just light up infront of you stationary... Does anyone know how they get this device to work anyway? Obviously its a projector (Small), but are they fitted on each buggy at the top?

Foolish Mortal

Saw this on my recent trip and thought it was pretty cool. The version I saw was white. Like it with the the Green effect. Didn't see it in the video but there's also one on the moving walkway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom