New Tomorrowland @ Disneyland? Is this the year it finally gets announced? No, and that’s OK

britain

Tear it down, I say. Tear the carousel building down in the name of a no-more-eye-sores Tomorrowland. Then build a better attraction there later that won’t need demolition eating up some of its budget.

mickEblu

Original Poster
was that rumor even credible? It was mainly a rumor from what I remember which makes me kidna wary, I didn’t use this site back then tho. So would the layout be more like the first image or the second one? I traced over an old layout sheet.

All of this is conjecture based off rumors. We tend to give life to the stuff we want to believe and what we think sounds believable. My armchair imagineering and predictions are always based on a combo of what’s been rumored and what’s realistic based on Disneys recent track record/ what I think they will do with a sprinkle of what I’d want to see. For example I haven’t heard one soul speak of reusing the BLAB building for PeopleMover show scenes or Stitch taking over BLAB but when I connect the dots and read the tea leaves it seems to make sense on a few different levels.

The first one.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
So hypothetically, peoplemover would have views inside space mountain, star tours, star traders, and we would have something above buzz? And general views of the subs and stuff?

Yeah and that first part down the main path until you turn into the Star Tours building and then at the end back down the path to unload. And don’t forget the Tron tunnel in the Carrosuel building.

Last edited:

TheRealSkull

Yeah and that first part down the main path until you turn into the Star Tours building and then at the end back down the path to unload. And don’t forget the Tron tunnel in the Carrosuel building.
Are we implying it wouldn't be impossible to build new tracks on the inside of the buildings? That would make sense to me.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Are we implying it wouldn't be impossible to build new tracks on the inside of the buildings? That would make sense to me.

I’m not sure it’s impossible (I think it might be) but I’m pretty sure they would try to get away with not building new tracks if they don’t have to.

Phroobar

There are a few levels of Tomorrowland wishes.
1) Skies the limit. The ultimate Tomorrowland that we have aways wanted. (state of art people mover, Horizons 2.0, Volcano roller coaster, Tron coaster, Space X ride)
2) Putting back Tomorrowland '67. (people mover, rocket jets on tower, AA show in carousel theater)
3) The bare minimum that needs to be done. (bring back people mover, use the Innovations building, electrify cars)
4) What modern WDI can do. (new ride based on Strange World with screens, add proper entrance)
5) what modern WDI will do after budget cuts. (repaint)

TheRealSkull

I’m not sure it’s impossible (I think it might be) but I’m pretty sure they would try to get away with not building new tracks if they don’t have to.
I heard a rumor that some of the old Rocket Rods tracks have already been removed inside of the Star Tours building and maybe a few other places, too.

mickEblu

Original Poster
There are a few levels of Tomorrowland wishes.
1) Skies the limit. The ultimate Tomorrowland that we have aways wanted. (state of art people mover, Horizons 2.0, Volcano roller coaster, Tron coaster, Space X ride)
2) Putting back Tomorrowland '67. (people mover, rocket jets on tower, AA show in carousel theater)
3) The bare minimum that needs to be done. (bring back people mover, use the Innovations building, electrify cars)
4) What modern WDI can do. (new ride based on Strange World with screens, add proper entrance)
5) what modern WDI will do after budget cuts. (repaint)

With a nice long backstory on the painters who came back from the future to paint Tomorrowland during the Great Refreshment of the Late 2020's. Grandparents will tell their grandkids about how glorious the fresh paint was and about how they took down the Neon Mickey sign at Startrader and replaced it with nothing.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I heard a rumor that some of the old Rocket Rods tracks have already been removed inside of the Star Tours building and maybe a few other places, too.

Haven't heard that one. I wonder what motivation there would have been to do that outside of preparation for the PeopleMovers return.

Disney Vault

I would love if Nemo, autopia, and motorboat cruise area all becomes a new villains land like wdw is getting. And then they have a smaller Tomorrowland to focus on and fix.

TheRealSkull

I would love if Nemo, autopia, and motorboat cruise area all becomes a new villains land like wdw is getting. And then they have a smaller Tomorrowland to focus on and fix.
Could work, though something tells me that's gonna be a Magic Kingdom exclusive for the time being. Wouldn't be surprised though, if some rides from that expansion were cloned in California one day.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Oh I don't remember that one. What do you think those walls have to do with the tracks on the inside of the building?
I think it was just a moment of opportunity as its the walls where the tracks go in/come out of. And there were lights in the tunnel of both buildings, so there was work being done. I don't think it was ever 100% confirmed tracks were removed inside both tunnels, but that was the rumor at the time.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Maybe they got rid of that dead skunk finally.

hahah speaking of skunks. I've only see one my entire life and I lived in the hills in Tarzana for 20 years where I saw rabbits, possums, racoons and coyote all the time. Occasionally deer too. We moved to the other side of the valley and at least once a week someone runs over one and the smell just travels for blocks right into our bedroom. I saw a whole family of them in broad daylight too.

TheRealSkull

Anyone else believe they might be getting to this now because Disneyland Forward is going to be taking up all of their energy for a long while? A reliable source, Frederick Chambers, who commented on the Five Fires post suggested this:
Screenshot_20240709_160938.jpg

It's weird because originally we all thought they were just gonna kick it down the road for maybe another 10-20 years because of Disneyland Forward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom