News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

Megbutnotmegan

Is there any truth to the rumor that the theater was cancelled because they are going to turn the Tomorrowland Terrace into a new restaurant? I heard this on a podcast and then I noticed that reservations for the 2 dessert parties held there haven’t opened up past the end of May while other dessert parties are opened into July. Maybe just a coincidence but it made me wonder.

TTA94

So do you know where the funding went and is it gonna be worth it?

Going off the fact the theater would’ve been for entertainment purposes at MK, would be nice if the funding went towards bumping up the rumored nighttime parade for the 50th. They can get a new Anniversary daytime parade instead lol.
Most likely though if the funding was to go toward entertainment it will go toward the new Illuminations at Epcot.

HauntedMansionFLA

Going off the fact the theater would’ve been for entertainment purposes at MK, would be nice if the funding went towards bumping up the rumored nighttime parade for the 50th. They can get a new Anniversary daytime parade instead lol.
Most likely though if the funding was to go toward entertainment it will go toward the new Illuminations at Epcot.
MK should match DL with attraction/ride count. I hope the theatre sees the light of day in the future.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
MK should match DL with attraction/ride count. I hope the theatre sees the light of day in the future.

It'll never happen. The "blessing of size" that Walt gave the Imagineers was turned into a curse long, long ago. If you count actual rides and not scheduled shows, DL and DCA together have a slightly smaller ride count than all 4 WDW parks combined.

mikejs78

Premium Member
It'll never happen. The "blessing of size" that Walt gave the Imagineers was turned into a curse long, long ago. If you count actual rides and not scheduled shows, DL and DCA together have a slightly smaller ride count than all 4 WDW parks combined.

I don't know.. What do you count as a "ride"? For example, is the Tiki Room a ride? How about Carousel of Progress? Tom Sawyer Island? Enchanted Tales with Belle? Are you only excluding character meet-and-greets and "scheduled" shows like Enchanted Tales, or are you excluding continuous running shows like Bug's Life, Muppets 3D, and Philharmagic? Do you exclude "walking" attractions like the Tree Houses, the walking trails at AK, etc?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I don't know.. What do you count as a "ride"? For example, is the Tiki Room a ride? How about Carousel of Progress? Tom Sawyer Island? Enchanted Tales with Belle? Are you only excluding character meet-and-greets and "scheduled" shows like Enchanted Tales, or are you excluding continuous running shows like Bug's Life, Muppets 3D, and Philharmagic? Do you exclude "walking" attractions like the Tree Houses, the walking trails at AK, etc?

Good questions. I had a list somewhere at one point, I'll have to try and find it again. I believe I included things like the Tree House, Muppets, Philharmagic, etc., and anything that wasn't run on a set schedule (like LMA was, or Enchanted Tales w/Belle, BatB show) and ran continuously, like CoP, was included.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Brings to mind an old favorite...

Kman101

Each park should demand you spend, at the very minimum, two days in each to see and do everything. ALL four parks need a LOT more. MK shouldn't be the main draw. All four parks should command you to them and offer the full array of variety of things to do that the MK has. And the MK needs more. More entertainment at the MK (watching vlogs of Tokyo and even Hong Kong puts the entertainment to shame at the MK, not to mention DL itself with it's entertainment). A theater would have definitely helped. Actually, more than one theater would help. Not all shows need to be at DHS.

Goob

This is absolutely ridiculous that the theater got cut. Actually, I’m surprised they even considered giving us entertainment for “free”. I guess they realized in between now and last years D23 that they could send the show to Disney Springs and charge for it. Silly me for thinking we would actually get it. They better bring us something very worth it in the MK to make up for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom