News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hey @marni1971 Is there any reason they didnt re-use the theatre in Tomorrowland by Buzz Lightyear? Either enclose it and use that or demolish it and use the land it was on? Marie
Because it was demolished a few years ago. It was a circa 1980 facility that had been added to and added to without being meant to last so long.

Though I bet they wish they`d replaced it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Probably nothing that’s in the “blue sky” development? Interesting areas in TL and AL that could be developed. The BTM area doesn’t affect TSL and RoA?
BTM area is not at the top of the list due to the engineering to cross the canal - assuming they still had need to get the Belle in and out of ROA. But there is a proposal to eventually go north of the Splash garden (where the M&G are) and then west around the back of the bathrooms. If they built here or across the canal would depend on what was being built. The BTM train shed also complicates and squeezes things a bit more.

Kman101

I probably need to look at aerials again, but how big is the plot behind Crystal Palace, next to the treehouse? What could realistically go there? (Meaning what size showbuilding could fit). More or less could it hold more than say, a restaurant?

MK needs more little expansions, like the theater would have been.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I probably need to look at aerials again, but how big is the plot behind Crystal Palace, next to the treehouse? What could realistically go there? (Meaning what size showbuilding could fit). More or less could it hold more than say, a restaurant?

Yes. The original plan was for a restaurant sharing the CP kitchens. Bridge access opposite what is now Trader Sams.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Not much could fit there if you go by due west. It gets a little larger if you wrap around the back of CP. And you get more space if you take over some of the waterway.

1522508876406.png

ToTBellHop

I believe that was meant to hold a sit down restaurant. The plot below Pirates could hold an E ticket.

nickys

Premium Member
A small plot west of Crystal Palace, south and west of the Pirates show building, west of BTM (long term), north of the new Tron site and south of Space Mountain.
BTM area is not at the top of the list due to the engineering to cross the canal - assuming they still had need to get the Belle in and out of ROA. But there is a proposal to eventually go north of the Splash garden (where the M&G are) and then west around the back of the bathrooms. If they built here or across the canal would depend on what was being built. The BTM train shed also complicates and squeezes things a bit more.
Not much could fit there if you go by due west. It gets a little larger if you wrap around the back of CP. And you get more space if you take over some of the waterway.

View attachment 273746

Can someone (@marni1971, @MisterPenguin ) do a similar drawing for the expansion pad west of BTM please? I can't visualise what's there.

nickys

Premium Member
Yellow would be relatively easy. As you can see, red is far more involved and not at the top of the list.

View attachment 273763

Thanks!

Any ideas as to what could fit in the yellow bit though, that's not a lot of space......

So between the red space here and the area south and west of Pirates, which is most likely to get used first? Is one easier to use than the other?

As far as you can answer, of course. :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks!

Any ideas as to what could fit in the yellow bit though, that's not a lot of space......

So between the red space here and the area south and west of Pirates, which is most likely to get used first? Is one easier to use than the other?

As far as you can answer, of course. :)
With a bit of juggling of facilities the yellow area could accommodate something theatre style.

(A huge) if they wanted to expand the west side, south of Pirates would be far easier and cheaper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom