News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

TTA94

Any thoughts as to where and what it could be reallocated for?

And when will Disney make this announcement lol. I can’t see them making a post though like Oops we made a mistake! We decided to do “this” instead of the theater lol. Though this wouldn’t be the first time they messed up a announcement... looking at you RoL lol.

TrojanUSC

And when will Disney make this announcement lol. I can’t see them making a post though like Oops we made a mistake! We decided to do “this” instead of the theater lol. Though this wouldn’t be the first time they messed up a announcement... looking at you RoL lol.

There's not a real precedent for announcing the cancellation of a project, they'll just announce something new. Still waiting for David Copperfield's Magic Underground restaurant at DHS to open.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I love those escapes too, but they don’t absorb crowds. I’m glad they don’t; if they did, they’d no longer be escapes!

In terms of actual capacity, the MK did a better job absorbing guests in 1995 than it does now. At the time, the park had a few more D tickets and several little shops and shows (TL theater, ToonTown, Main Street Magic Shop and Cinema, Alien Encounter [mid-1995], Timekeeper, 20K despite its abismal capacity). Together, these distributed crowds better than one mine train coaster and an omnimover in Fantasyland.

Plus, the MK had a night parade, and WDW didn’t have year-round crowds like it does now.

The good thing is—as @marni1971 and others have stated repeatedly—Disney has accepted that FP+ does not negate the need for additional attractions and investments, and improved capacity is on the way!

The question WRT to new attractions of course is WHEN, They are needed NOW, Which means they will get built perhaps in time for the 60'th...

EricsBiscuit

I got this from this morning. Here are some blurry photos. I asked a Main Street CM who works on the railroad and she said it along with a refurbishment for the railroad that would enhance theming along the tracks (theming backstage areas) were pushed back.

Attachments

• IMG_5332.JPG
    IMG_5332.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_5333.JPG
    IMG_5333.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 291

culturenthrills

Learn to enjoy people watching (and people dodging) and your park days will be much happier.
It is just disappointing when you go to Disneyland and see the amount of entertainment they have there. That runs all day and into the night. Then you come to the #1 park in the world and the entertainment is practically non existent compared to DL. MK has had a lack of shows problem for years now.

EricsBiscuit

It is just disappointing when you go to Disneyland and see the amount of entertainment they have there. That runs all day and into the night. Then you come to the #1 park in the world and the entertainment is practically non existent compared to DL. MK has had a lack of shows problem for years now.
MK does have characters and bands and live entertainment. But not the full scale productions like Frozen. What it does have are animatronic shows that I like a lot, which DL lacks.

justintheharris

If the theater is cancelled though, wouldn't have Disney have already announced it as this speculation has been going on for a month? And everyone I ask on Mainstreet tells me that the theater project is still going.

Rteetz

If the theater is cancelled though, wouldn't have Disney have already announced it as this speculation has been going on for a month? And everyone I ask on Mainstreet tells me that the theater project is still going.
Disney rarely makes negative announcements. When Hyperion Wharf was cancelled they didn't come out and say oh this is cancelled they waited and announced Disney Springs instead.

justintheharris

Disney rarely makes negative announcements. When Hyperion Wharf was cancelled they didn't come out and say oh this is cancelled they waited and announced Disney Springs instead.
I guess that makes sense. Although, I'm still not entirely convinced that the project is cancelled. Perhaps it is but I think in due time we'll see.

TrojanUSC

I guess that makes sense. Although, I'm still not entirely convinced that the project is cancelled. Perhaps it is but I think in due time we'll see.

As has been explained, Disney has no precedent or reason to announce the cancellation of a project. There’s countless projects which have been announced only to be later cancelled.

It is cancelled. Construction has stopped and the parking lot is once again a parking lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom