New Test Track ride vehicle debuts

flavious27

scaled.php

Something got hit with the ugly stick. There is that huge bowtie, then the new ugly chevy front end, with a lights placement that top gear always mocks.

RSoxNo1

While I know I took pictures of it (one of them is on the previous page), I don't remember looking to see what the view was through that windshield. Did anyone happen to capture that view? The eyes on the windshield might ultimately be a problem for guests.

montyz81

I just don't get it, they are building them anyway for RSR, why don't they just do the same for Test Track. That said, if you look at the RSR cars, the front has somewhat of a Nissan Leaf like look to it (y'all are gonna call me crazy for that one). I wonder if that design would go against the Volt like image they are trying to create in Test Track.
IMG_6019.jpg

nissan-leaf_100225858_l.jpg

images

flavious27

I just don't get it, they are building them anyway for RSR, why don't they just do the same for Test Track. That said, if you look at the RSR cars, the front has somewhat of a Nissan Leaf like look to it (y'all are gonna call me crazy for that one). I wonder if that design would go against the Volt like image they are trying to create in Test Track.
IMG_6019.jpg

nissan-leaf_100225858_l.jpg

images

Lotus%20eclipse.jpg

I can see more of a lotus eclipse look to it.

montyz81

Lotus%20eclipse.jpg

I can see that too. I just thought where the fight is raging on between Nissan and GM for EV supremacy and due to the fact that the Leaf is outselling the Volt almost 2 to 1, I figured GM didn't want to provide any chance that the TT vehicles would be confused for Leafs instead of Volts.

sponono88

While I know I took pictures of it (one of them is on the previous page), I don't remember looking to see what the view was through that windshield. Did anyone happen to capture that view? The eyes on the windshield might ultimately be a problem for guests.

The windshield is transparent from inside the car, you can't see the eyes at all. I don't have a picture but I was at the expo and got a close look at the car :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

I can see that too. I just thought where the fight is raging on between Nissan and GM for EV supremacy and due to the fact that the Leaf is outselling the Volt almost 2 to 1, I figured GM didn't want to provide any chance that the TT vehicles would be confused for Leafs instead of Volts.
Thanks to modern aerodynamics many cars of today are almost indistinguishable from one another. You can take 3-4 cars of the same year and class from almost any manufacturer and they seem to inevitably look similar to each other.

Unplugged

Thanks to modern aerodynamics many cars of today are almost indistinguishable from one another. You can take 3-4 cars of the same year and class from almost any manufacturer and they seem to inevitably look similar to each other.

You're absolutely right on with that comment. My first thought was how much Luigi loves Ferraris and that the red vehicle shown in the photo looks a lot like the past few models of Ferrari.

The photo below of a Ferrari California is a much newer model and this the addition of the scoop on the front is not in the style, but the fender flair, shape of the lights, and the front grill (replaced with a smile) are very similar. And as you point out, this shape is not much different from about 5 other vehicles on the market.

ferrari-california_1313106202.jpg

Glasgow

The RSR cars are based on the Ferrari 430, but yes, it sure would be nice to have those over the Chevy Volt. C'est la vie

Tom

Beta Return
Bravo :sohappy: Best lead back to original post I've seen in a while.

Are these cars at least going to be different colors, or all that blue/cobalt color?

They have more than one on the track right now, and they appear to be the same exact color. It's likely that they'll make multiple colors, but to get these test units out, they likely wanted to stick to one paint scheme to make manufacturing easier.

Testtrack321

I think they look good. Two possible future options here...

1.) Body design test for a future overhaul of the vehicles.
2.) Body test for future NEW vehicles.

I'm willing to bet they're going to spend a good sum on an overhaul of the vehicles instead of springing for new vehicles, but who knows right now.

hpyhnt 1000

I think they look good. Two possible future options here...

1.) Body design test for a future overhaul of the vehicles.
2.) Body test for future NEW vehicles.

I'm willing to bet they're going to spend a good sum on an overhaul of the vehicles instead of springing for new vehicles, but who knows right now.

I hope that's the case. In all honesty, a complete overhaul would be more than enough. Of course you would check all the mechanical parts, but along with that upgrade the computer components, replace the LCD screens, and install new speakers and you've basically got yourself a brand new ride vehicle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom