New Test Track open for 6 months and still not working anywhere near 100%

RandySavage

enclosing that portion would be an engineering nightmare..
It would add considerably to the cost, but I don't see how from an engineering side it would be overly difficult, considering that with other high-speed, indoor attractions like RnR, they first build a naked coaster and then throw up a shed around it, with separate footings for each.

Yeah Imagineers have gotten really bad at script writing. I think some of the same test could have been used again aka the hot and cold room. What exactly is the purpose of whats there now? Do you guys know if you tap the card or hold and tap the card. I think you maybe have to hold and tap to get your card to work. I could be wrong though.

Tom Morrow

Don't forget OnStar promotion.
A mention of OnStar was added to the ride within the last 4 or 5 years or so, it isn't new to TT2.0.
What exactly is the purpose of whats there now? Do you guys know if you tap the card or hold and tap the card. I think you maybe have to hold and tap to get your card to work. I could be wrong though.
The former hot/cold chambers are probably the weakest part of the new ride. The first room is scanning for "optimal eco-efficiency." But that's just a bunch of buzz words, what does it mean? Second room is testing aerodynamic efficiency - makes sense. Third room is "drive systems analysis, hyperspectral imaging," which again doesn't mean much to the rider.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It would add considerably to the cost, but I don't see how from an engineering side it would be overly difficult, considering that with other high-speed, indoor attractions like RnR, they first build a naked coaster and then throw up a shed around it, with separate footings for each.
Vehicle clearance, rider envelope, air pressure, weather and wind resistance, potential incident control, evac, lighting, smoke and fire control, wind resistance, wind resistance...

And cost.

COProgressFan

Vehicle clearance, rider envelope, air pressure, weather and wind resistance, potential incident control, evac, lighting, smoke and fire control, wind resistance, wind resistance...

And cost.

All the aforementioned things could be addressed with the right design. It's just that darn cost that's always the sticking point, huh? ;)

Figments Friend

When it comes to the 'guest flow issues'....TT had about 400 complaints between the time it opened to the beginning of February from people in the FP line, complaining to Guest Relations that they were not able to design your own car and did not like at all the expedited version. Upper management caught wind and changes needed to be made.

I would have been one of them, but i did not complain at GR or send a note.
It was more a mental observation when i rode the first two times after it opened in the Single Rider line.

The expedited version of the design process made it feel like i was missing something the other Guests in the Standby were better able to experience.
Looking down through the glass from the SR line, into that cool design room..seeing them use those cooler looking screens with better theming all around made it feel like i was being shortchanged.

I love the revamp of the attraction, and that is coming from someone who used to absolutely despise this attraction with a passion.
Noisy, cluttered, and ..well..stupid. The old queue alone fits that description in my opinion.
I always felt the original 'Test Crap' was a lame excuse for a pasted-in thrill ride that could have had the neat tech involved better utilized.
I was VERY pleased with the recent changes. It's not perfect, but a big improvement in theme and presentation to me.

I think now it is a much better fit with EPCOTs overall original theme and harkens back to a brighter time in that Parks history.

Good to know the SR line issues were noted by others and are being addressed.

:)

G00fyDad

I seem to remember getting blasted when this was first announced after I said that it was going to be worse than the original. LOL Hopefully Disney can get this ride up to the standard that we all expect for the attractions. However, I wish that they had just left the ride alone and refurbished it with a new paint job, and fixed effects.

Goofyernmost

I still say this was the worst remake of an attraction.
Obviously you never saw the original Imagination with the Dreamfinder and Figment. At least Test Track ride remained the same even if you didn't have a story line. It's still basically a car, doing maneuvers over a track, making a fast loop around outside and you get off. Same as before. All the rest was just to give you something to do while you waited for the fast part.

Figments Friend

I always found it to be a strange ride. "Yay, we drove all the way across the country in our car to take a ride in a ... car!" Not that it isn't fun, but, kind of strange.
Indeed.
What was so thrilling about driving 60+ miles an hour around a building..?
Most people do this daily in their own cars back home...or worse, On Property !

:D

Goofyernmost

Loud music from the car speakers. I have no trouble hearing music on RnR, they could figure it out for TT.
Well, I can't...I can hear thumping music beat, but I couldn't begin to tell you what song they were playing at any point after the blast off. Perhaps I was too occupied with praying that I didn't die during the inverted sections, I don't know. But the make believe engine noise and the wind in your ears on Test Track might work for the back seat but not the front.:D

Figments Friend

The script (and lack of music at times, where's Daft Punk when you need them?) are the only downfalls IMO on the upgrade, but that shouldn't be surpirsing given WDI's poor track record on scripts over the last 15 years.
YES...bring on the Daft Punk music!
Listening to 'Derezzed' blasting from your Test Vehicle while ripping around the outside of the building would kick ***....
Sorry...i am a Tron geek....i cannot repress it all the time...
:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom