New Test Track open for 6 months and still not working anywhere near 100%

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You wouldn't hear the music on the outdoor section...that's absurd.....50-60 mph outside in a stripped down convertible? You think without it being really cranked up that you would hear it and if they did that, the sound would be a disruption to the other parts of FW.
So you didn't hear the spiels or engine whine outside either? I always heard it just fine. The speaker placement, volume and windshield worked well to make it perfectly audible.

Edit..... I see you've already been told this now.

Goofyernmost

There is a small model of a futuristic city in TT 2.0, and is not to be confused with Walt Disney's model of Epcot that is displayed in the TTA. BTW, it is no longer under refurb and has resumed its rightful position in the TTA. SSE 94' once had a future city model (descent) that many have clamoured they wish would be brought back to replace the star curtains. This is also not to be confused with Walt's model for the future. WoM also had a future city model at the conclusion of the ride. Like the SSE and TT 2.0 models this is not to be confused with THE ONE AND ONLY MODEL OF A FUTURE CITY.
Gotcha, I miss the one that was in SSE more than any of them. I used to love looking at that almost as much as I liked looking at the Big Blue Marble. :)

Oddysey

Gotcha, I miss the one that was in SSE more than any of them. I used to love looking at that almost as much as I liked looking at the Big Blue Marble. :)

I apologize for the tone of my original reply (CAPS). I am unusually edgy today. With all the lights, sounds, screens, and simply just trying to figure out what is going on in TT 2.0 I can see where the model could be missed.

Goofyernmost

I apologize for the tone of my original reply (CAPS). I am unusually edgy today. With all the lights, sounds, screens, and simply just trying to figure out what is going on in TT 2.0 I can see where the model could be missed.
I didn't realize that there was a "tone"! Now I'm offended!:eek: Just kidding! :p

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yeah but it's right at the beginning and you are barely going 20 mph. IMO it would be a huge difference @ 60mph.

But the ride sequence is exactly the same... those 'only begining and end' segments are basically empty now. Even just filling in those time slots would help.

flynnibus

Premium Member
and it's funny to see people finally coming around to acknowledging some of the complaints raise by myself and others when TT2.0 first opened. Without the design stuff being tied in properly... the whole ride suffers. Notice no one in this thread defended how great the design experience was? That's because it becomes pointless when it has no impact on your ride experience. The outdoor section being empty.. the lack of interest in the post show.. the lack of integration in the vehicle vs the show scenes.

While everyone was all ooo and ahh at the start with the eye-candy.. over time when you are over that the core experiences are what will carry the ride long term and the flaws in those were seen from the start.

MarkTwain

I could only imagine the complaints if the original version of TT was 2.0 and it had been upgraded to TT1.0. The complaints would likely be that there are no more interactive elements, it does not fit the FW theme, it has a very industrial feeling, it seems much tamer, who wants to be a crash dummy, it looks like a giant warehouse inside with no attention to detail, the on board screens only work half of the time or are fuzzy, why did they get rid of the future city model and where did they store it. It seems that future world is increasingly becoming discovery world. etc. etc. etc.

Epcot's FW has increasingly become a thematic mess for the last decade or more, and this has been pointed out by many members of this forum for a long time. I for one am glad that Disney has taken a step toward bringing at least one attraction back into the FW theme instead of ignoring it. It may not work perfect all the time, but TT1.0 did not either and there were less moving parts. Although the ride is not perfect I think it is a step in the right direction.

Great post. Sometimes when questioning a change, I ask myself how I would feel if the reverse happened. In this case, I think everyone on the forum would be up in arms if a ride like TT2.0 were stripped down into the barebones warehouse theming of TT1.0.

The lack of functionality with the interactive elements is very disappointing, and hopefully WDI will get its act together soon (as they need to with many maintenance problems resort-wide). I'm sure if the design aspects can be made to work properly, TT2.0 would be a much better ride experience.

Goofyernmost

and it's funny to see people finally coming around to acknowledging some of the complaints raise by myself and others when TT2.0 first opened. Without the design stuff being tied in properly... the whole ride suffers. Notice no one in this thread defended how great the design experience was? That's because it becomes pointless when it has no impact on your ride experience. The outdoor section being empty.. the lack of interest in the post show.. the lack of integration in the vehicle vs the show scenes.

While everyone was all ooo and ahh at the start with the eye-candy.. over time when you are over that the core experiences are what will carry the ride long term and the flaws in those were seen from the start.
Sure, but you don't really go to Mars on Mission Space either. It's smoke and mirrors. They could put anything up there concerning "your" car design...what would it matter? Granted even the BS should be there, but, it hardly makes or breaks the ride. It's the ride that is the attraction, not the, just for show, interactive stuff. I don't believe that they ever said that your experience would change depending on your design, all it amounted to was make believe grading of whatever you did and I'm sure that there are limited numbers of possibilities at that.

Figments Friend

I guess i was lucky when i rode TT this past January, as everything seemed to be working as far as my car design loading up into the vehicle and post-show activities.
Imagining what the experience would have been like if that did not happen...yeah, it would probably not have been as memorable of an experience.
The stuff you can do in the post-show areas with your car design is novel and fun. If you cannot use your design that indeed would be a bit dissapointing.

I suppose if i rode and was not aware of the tech, and how my design was supposed to be able to be loaded and used in the different areas of the attraction maybe it would not have made any difference?

It was definately a larger part of the attraction as a whole this time around WITH the interactive elements. Take those out and it would indeed be a bit duller.

muse1983

The script/story doesn't both me as much as the cars not loading into the ride after you spend all of that time working on it and how out of place the outside portion feels now. I REALLY wish they would've enclosed it.

Agreed, this is hands down the biggest issue I have with the refurb. Having the ending be enclosed would make a world of difference to me and would really open up some options for some pretty spectacular effects with the car speeding by.

thelookingglass

Rode the other day, effects were working except the "laser trees", my car showed up on two of the screens, the other two were blank. I've yet to have my car show up on every screen and only recently did I see it at all. Sorry, but it still doesn't fully work. But who cares, as long as people are lining up to ride it, right?

FP was routing into the full design center, which I can't imagine how much that makes the standby line crawl even more. Single Rider is pretty much the only way to go, now, since there is no pre-show to wait through, it moves pretty fast.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The thing that bothers me is that the elements of your personalized car shouldn't be THAT difficult.

Literally it's just a database of numbers, put on a card, then needs to be networked to 4 monitors.

I could probably program it given a few weeks (which is saying something because I'm not that great)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom