News New sponsor coming to Walt Disney World's Splash Mountain

disnyfan89

No, no, no. You see, the point of a sponsor is so they get extra money for not doing anything extra. I would be shocked if any part of that ride will be maintained better after having a sponsor. Disney is always looking to do or give less to make more. I know its the doom and gloom attitude to have but the track record speaks for itself.

Care to list that track record with properly sourced facts and documents?

This is actually pretty hilarious, since Disney has JUST announced they'll be reducing plastic all through their properties, INCLUDING the store bags we all love! So, we're going to lose our beloved Disney Parks shopping bags but we get Ziploc instead? Things that make you go "hmmmm" . . .

seabreezept813

Hope it means Splash gets even more love❤️ As for my fam, I’m a crazy packer and we have pouches that you can wear that fit your phone, cc, etc. I’ve had them for almost 10 years and they are still good.

DisneyGigi

Split ends are just for the homeless.
At least it is being used. :) I coupon and donate things to shelters all the time. It is amazing the things you can get free doing that- just because I don’t use it, doesn’t mean that someone can’t use it and possibly truly needs it. I take boxes and boxes of things several times a year.

Captain Barbossa

Dang, I still have an iPhone SE but I have an Otterbox Defender case on it. Not sure if it is waterproof but it is durable.
I have an Otterbox defender for my iPhone as well and I absolutely love it. Luckily it’s not gotten wet, but I do believe they’re waterproof to a certain degree.

They had all defenders 50% off at Walmart last weekend. I contemplated on buying another one, but I didn’t.

Tony the Tigger

Dang, I still have an iPhone SE but I have an Otterbox Defender case on it. Not sure if it is waterproof but it is durable.
I have an Otterbox defender for my iPhone as well and I absolutely love it. Luckily it’s not gotten wet, but I do believe they’re waterproof to a certain degree.

They had all defenders 50% off at Walmart last weekend. I contemplated on buying another one, but I didn’t.

If I didn’t have an Otterbox Defender, I’d go through ten phones a year.

My i7 is water resistant. The OB may slow it down a bit, but doesn’t keep water out.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Are people really worried about getting their phones wet on Splash Mountain?! Is this a real thing?
Me and my family has cheap phones. Not water proof. Anytime we take a trip to a theme park or anything like that we bring a couple baggies to put phones in. Works for water rides. For rain storms (a common thing in FL). For whatever.

Splash really is rarely too wet to be a worry. But if we already have bags with us for the week might as well use it just in case.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Are people really worried about getting their phones wet on Splash Mountain?! Is this a real thing?

Yes they are, and yes it is. Your experience of not getting wet on Splash Mountain is the exception, not the rule. I've been on it dozens and dozens of times. Some rides, I barely get wet. Other rides, I get soaked. I bet others around here have been on it a hundred times or more and can say the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom