News New sponsor coming to Walt Disney World's Splash Mountain

awhit066

So, a popular attraction gets a sponsor that will help with maintenance and refurb costs, and gives MK guests a way to keep their phone dry on water rides, and somehow a few people still have to crap all over it. Myself and my family make our living from plastics manufacturing, so I guess we're the bad guys, huh? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry if my post made you feel that way. Plastics are an important part of our lives and I was in no way trying to make you out to be the "bad guys". I also think it is great that Splash has a sponsor to help maintain/improve one of my favourite rides.

My only hope is that guests will use these ziplock bags responsibly and try to reduce, reuse and recycle (just like I would hope they would with all resources; paper, water, metals, wood, etc...)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
This is perfect. I no longer have to beat myself up over forgetting to pack a Ziploc for my favourite ride, which is something that happens to me all the time!

Cant see me ever reaching for one if offered, My phone is usually stashed in my water resistant purse, which is under my cheap disposable rain poncho, which IS recyclable....and often I do pack them out squished up to take with.....Ziploc bag is not going to prevent me walking around in wet layers of clothing, let alone save the hairdo.....ha.:angelic::happy: I too find this weird. Walt's reasoning for DL sponsers was for funding, not desired otherwise, and I really had thought they had come along way from doing that in last decades....Goodness I cannot make the Colony house Chicken Salad at my home from LTT without the Ocean Spray Craisins! :joyfull:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Plastic and littering are bad for the environment. But that doesn't make you a bad person for working in that industry.

Cars are bad for the environment but we drive them everyday. LOL
LOL and mowing the lawn with a gas powered motor for a short while is even worse.....:angelic:

Raineman

I'm sorry if my post made you feel that way. Plastics are an important part of our lives and I was in no way trying to make you out to be the "bad guys". I also think it is great that Splash has a sponsor to help maintain/improve one of my favourite rides.

My only hope is that guests will use these ziplock bags responsibly and try to reduce, reuse and recycle (just like I would hope they would with all resources; paper, water, metals, wood, etc...)
Not a problem. There's been so much negative press about plastic lately, with the issues in the oceans, plastic straws being banned, etc, that I get a bit defensive sometimes. I know there are alot of hard working, honest people who are involved in the plastic industry, and I would hate to see any of them lose their jobs because of a lower demand for plastic. Thanks for the civil reply; I know some people on here would not have responded the way you did, much appreciated.

geekza

So, a popular attraction gets a sponsor that will help with maintenance and refurb costs, and gives MK guests a way to keep their phone dry on water rides, and somehow a few people still have to crap all over it. Myself and my family make our living from plastics manufacturing, so I guess we're the bad guys, huh? :rolleyes:
I think it's more a lack of faith in the average tourist's behavior than it is in plastics in general.

Rinx

Will they actually have bins of bags for people to take if they decide to use them or will they just have a Ziploc type pouch in each row of seats like most other rides have for hats and sunglasses, etc.?

GlacierGlacier

Why not just get a waterproof phone?
Not everyone has the disposable income to just go out and buy a new waterproof phone. Or even the forethought to buy a waterproof case, especially for those people who rarely get wet.

I really get a lot of use with my water resistant phone thanks to being a Floridian on the east coast that does some of his work outside. But not everyone has waterproofing on their needs list when looking at phones, either.

Captain Barbossa

If anyone was wondering, here’s all the attractions and shows/entertainment that currently have sponsors.

MK
Splash Mountain: Ziploc (starting in August)
TTA: Alamo
HEA: PANDORA

EPCOT
Test Track: Chevrolet
LwtL: Chiquita

DHS
RnRC: Hanes
Launch Bay: HP
Fantasmic: Pop Secret
Disney Junior: Pull-Ups

AK
None

Someone correct me if I left one out.

I just want to point out that even though Siemens no longer sponsors SE or Illuminations, it still shows them as sponsors on the app. Also, despite the fact their name is not longer on the SE sign, it still appears on the screen and in the audio.

Lensman

Great, more plastic for our oceans. I doubt Disney recycles this type of plastic, and even so, recycling them does not reclaim much.
http://www.scjohnson.com/en/press-r...de-Bins-Step-Toward-Increasing-Recycling.aspx

Maybe they could add a little informational exhibit at the exit, where you can drop off your baggie for recycling if you're not going to reuse it?

LOL. We here will complain about anything! Don't let it get you down. And I think everyone has experienced someone complaining about the industry they work in. I can tell you I didn't talk much about my job when I worked in the financial services industry in 2008/2009. :oops:

Oh, and no discussion of plastics is complete without the following clip from The Graduate.

Plastic and littering are bad for the environment. But that doesn't make you a bad person for working in that industry.

Cars are bad for the environment but we drive them everyday. LOL
Agreed! Plus my life would not be worth living without ziploc bags and cars. It's not their existence that is bad, but it's wasting their gift to humanity. :)

LOL and mowing the lawn with a gas powered motor for a short while is even worse.....:angelic:
Not to mention having a lawn at all. (j/k, but isn't there a movement toward lower impact gardening vs turf?)

If anyone was wondering, here’s all the attractions and shows/entertainment that currently have sponsors.

MK
Splash Mountain: Ziploc (starting in August)
TTA: Alamo
HEA: PANDORA

EPCOT
Test Track: Chevrolet
LwtL: Chiquita

DHS
RnRC: Hanes
Launch Bay: HP
Fantasmic: Pop Secret
Disney Junior: Pull-Ups

AK
None

Someone correct me if I left one out.

I just want to point out that even though Siemens no longer sponsors SE or Illuminations, it still shows them as sponsors on the app. Also, despite the fact their name is not longer on the SE sign, it still appears on the screen and in the audio.
Now that Silicon Valley is fully onboard to general marketing, next will be China. So maybe we'll see Huawei and ZTE sponsoring attractions? Are any of the attractions in Shanghai Disneyland sponsored?

Last edited:

aladdin2007

maybe everyone will get one of these:
53133312_Alt03

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom