News New sponsor coming to Walt Disney World's Splash Mountain

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Are people really worried about getting their phones wet on Splash Mountain?! Is this a real thing?
I think definitely for the older generation.

Kids in their teens now are growing up in the days of water resistant phones, so they see no problem about their iPhone X getting a soaking. But for those of who grew up in the days of "electronics dont get wet, ever" - it is an issue.

HansGruber

I've never owned a water-resistant phone. I've ridden SM dozens of times. I've been caught in multiple Florida downpours. I've gotten completely drenched on Ripsaw Falls. My phone sits in my pockets and never once had a problem.
Same thing with our digital camcorder which I bring on every trip.

Unless you submerge your entire body in water, your phone is going to be fine.

SosoDude

I've never owned a water-resistant phone. I've ridden SM dozens of times. I've been caught in multiple Florida downpours. I've gotten completely drenched on Ripsaw Falls. My phone sits in my pockets and never once had a problem.
Same thing with our digital camcorder which I bring on every trip.

Unless you submerge your entire body in water, your phone is going to be fine.
I got soaked by the orcas at SeaWorld a few weeks ago. My Galaxy is waterproof so no big problem.... Until I tried to charge it a few hours later. The phone detected the water in the charger port and wouldnt charge. I had to wait until the next morning to plug it in.

Pretzel Kaiser

Phones are waterproof, but when an do parks I'll bring a camping waterproof bag for my backup charger. They're bringing more essential for a park visit these days.

Fox&Hound

Doesn’t ziploc make a giant bag? Seems one of these secured or placed inside the net cargo hold on the boat would make more sense than individual bags for every guest that wants one?!?!

NateD1226

Its ok to pass out thousands and thousands of bags but ban straws from the park??
1537025151798.jpeg

esskay

Really that recycling point just needs to be labeled as 'Ziplock bag return' and make it look mandatory. That's the only way you're going to stop most of them ending up in a bush out by the park entrance.

I get that they needed the sponsorship but they really couldn't have picked a worse product to associate themselves with. They could at least try and make it look like they are being responsible about it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Really that recycling point just needs to be labeled as 'Ziplock bag return' and make it look mandatory. That's the only way you're going to stop most of them ending up in a bush out by the park entrance.

I get that they needed the sponsorship but they really couldn't have picked a worse product to associate themselves with. They could at least try and make it look like they are being responsible about it.

They didn't "need" the sponsorship.

They are being responsible about it. They delayed this from happening until a month after they announced the ban on plastic straws in the parks and in-room disposable plastics. That's responsible... PR/marketing. :) It's all about the optics.

NateD1226

Now if only we could get Ziplock to sponsor the gift shops so we could keep getting free bags to carry the merchandise we buy. :rolleyes:
I know right:rolleyes: Disney wants to make us save the earth by getting rid of lids and straws. They want us to use the paper straws (which is disgusting) and try to fit all our stuff into one bag. But they would love to have Ziploc come and sponsor Splash Mountain with their bags. What is this logic?!?!?! With the guests that ride Splash everyday I bet 1/4 of them will lose the bag in the parks or just throw it on the ground when there was a perfectly recycling bin at the exit of the ride. Disney could've have sponsored a business that actually uses earth friendly materials! But they had to use Ziploc.

Ok I think I'm done ranting :hilarious:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Ok I think I'm done ranting :hilarious:

I’ve not begun to rant. A long trip and lots of ‘plastic’ observations to come. It will be a thread. In summary the hypocrisy of it all. We entered the World at the beginning of Plastic H*ll and will leave it in daily changing policy. The Who gets lids. The Who gets straws.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom