News New sponsor coming to Walt Disney World's Splash Mountain

wdwjmp239

Disney trash cans are dumped into oceans?

Great, more plastic for our oceans. I doubt Disney recycles this type of plastic, and even so, recycling them does not reclaim much.

They do quite a bit of recycling, quite honestly. Subscribe to "Rob Plays" on YouTube. He did a video on how much garbage Disney produces. It's a pretty interesting short video.

How Much Garbage Does Walt Disney World Produce?

And, here's another one along that same vein about what they do with food waste.

What Does Disney World Do With Leftover Food?

Lensman

Really?!
Folks, you don't get wet on this ride.

Put your cell phone in your pocket; it'll be fine.
It all depends on where you sit and exactly what happens on your log. There have been times when I just got a little spray on the drop. There have been times my shorts have been soaked through from water coming over the side right onto the my lap and seat.

HansGruber

It all depends on where you sit and exactly what happens on your log. There have been times when I just got a little spray on the drop. There have been times my shorts have been soaked through from water coming over the side right onto the my lap and seat.

Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls <-- THAT'S soaked.

Splash Mountain...a modest spray on the glasses and shirt.

Last edited:

Winter

If anyone was wondering, here’s all the attractions and shows/entertainment that currently have sponsors.

MK
Splash Mountain: Ziploc (starting in August)
TTA: Alamo
HEA: PANDORA

EPCOT
Test Track: Chevrolet
LwtL: Chiquita

DHS
RnRC: Hanes
Launch Bay: HP
Fantasmic: Pop Secret
Disney Junior: Pull-Ups

AK
None

Someone correct me if I left one out.

I just want to point out that even though Siemens no longer sponsors SE or Illuminations, it still shows them as sponsors on the app. Also, despite the fact their name is not longer on the SE sign, it still appears on the screen and in the audio.
I wonder if there's any disco companies that could sponsor Everest

They do quite a bit of recycling, quite honestly. Subscribe to "Rob Plays" on YouTube. He did a video on how much garbage Disney produces. It's a pretty interesting short video.

How Much Garbage Does Walt Disney World Produce?

And, here's another one along that same vein about what they do with food waste.

What Does Disney World Do With Leftover Food?

I'll save you the trouble of watching the second video. It all goes to EPCOT, and is stored behind Club Cool:confused:

geekza

I seem to remember (and my memory is often faulty) that they used to have paper straws in the MK. I recall eating in King Stefan's Banquet Hall as a child and having a terrible time drinking my milk with the paper straw. I could be imagining things, though. It could have been somewhere else and my brain is just combining aspects of different vacations. Anyone else remember paper straws in the MK?

I seem to remember (and my memory is often faulty) that they used to have paper straws in the MK. I recall eating in King Stefan's Banquet Hall as a child and having a terrible time drinking my milk with the paper straw. I could be imagining things, though. It could have been somewhere else and my brain is just combining aspects of different vacations. Anyone else remember paper straws in the MK?

I do. They played havoc with all the beverages.

erasure fan1

Being that Splash is my favorite attraction, I’m pretty thrilled. I’m usually no fan of corporate sponsors, but this *hopefully* means that upgrades and regular maintenance will take place, and will ensure the attraction hangs around for many years to come (fingers crossed).
No, no, no. You see, the point of a sponsor is so they get extra money for not doing anything extra. I would be shocked if any part of that ride will be maintained better after having a sponsor. Disney is always looking to do or give less to make more. I know its the doom and gloom attitude to have but the track record speaks for itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom