New 'Smartwater' beverage available at snack carts

TrojanUSC

Dasani is gross. They had to stop selling it in England, since it was proven there was nothing purified about it, it was the same levels of bacteria and contaminants as tap water.

WIX

Anyone besides me remember way back when they sold Zephyrhills in the parks? I miss that - Dasani is disgusting :hurl:

I am the exact opposite . . . I literally cried I was so happy when they changed over to Dasani . . . Zephyrhills tastes like too many minerals to me. Evian is even worse. Aquafina is good, Fuji next.

I guess you get used to what you grow up with. :shrug:

Even if it is straight from the tap and thrown into my bottle, I still really like it.

I am a water snob as that is all I drink . . . no soda's for me . . . yuck!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I always thought that Disney was ridiculously priced on food and beverage as well, until I went to six flags. My $14 Hamburger meal made me really appreciate Disney's food service.

Bookmark that thought and put it on the next thread railing against Disney meal prices!

devoy1701

I always thought that Disney was ridiculously priced on food and beverage as well, until I went to six flags. My $14 Hamburger meal made me really appreciate Disney's food service.

that's just disgusting... I can still get a steak at Outback for less than that!

maryszhi

then u should of been at my prom it was at a zoo. 300 dollers PER PERSON for just the dance and cruise. the food was awful,and i got really sick. as soon as i got home, my mom ordered pizzas for all the couples

ROTM

you have got to be nuts to pay that kind of money for ANY water. We carry around the water bottles with the filter built in to them and just keep refilling. Just analyze what you pay for drinks in the parks and your head will start spinning. $2 here and $2 there and next thing you know you are easily spending $20 or more on drinks alone. These bottles work great and the best part of it is that you use fountain water. Sweet :king:

Don't you want to help out Disney's finacials ? They don't really make that much money on the park tickets alone. They need you to buy food and merchandise in the parks ! Before you know it they will soon start firing cms if more and more people did what you do.

well...the amish part was....:D

but I do believe that Global Warming is a joke since the global rise in temperature maxed out in 1998 and since then a global cooling period has that cancelled out... and I do think that the whole carbon footprint thing is alittle exaggerated.

but I do think that plastic is not as great as we all once thought it was...
btw, everytime I have a plastic container at WDW, I hold onto it when I'm dont because I know I've seen the recycle bins around the resort...but whenever I'm looking for them, I can never find them...

I agree that the effects of global warming are frequently overstated.

What bothers me more is the wastefulness of turning oil into plastic, and all the oil used to power the plants that put the water into the bottles, and the legions of ships and trucks that guzzle oil getting the stuff from point a to point b.

I live in San Francisco, yesterday I paid $4.67 for regular. We really need to stop wasting the stuff.

TrojanUSC

Disney pays around $.15 for the bottles of Coca-Cola producs. They pay zero for the syrup for fountain drinks. They have such a huge discount thanks to all the sales and co-branding Disney does with Coca-Cola.

wedway71

Disney pays around $.15 for the bottles of Coca-Cola producs. They pay zero for the syrup for fountain drinks. They have such a huge discount thanks to all the sales and co-branding Disney does with Coca-Cola.

Man it really has been a while since I was at Coke.....They are getting an even sweeter deal now.

I was a Cold Drink Account Manager for the Ft Myers Sales Center and would have killed to have Disney as one of my accounts.

BTW.... I just read your bio...Man would I love to pick your brain on your experiences with Disney.

JimboJones123

When talking water, I would spend the extra money for water as opposed to water. But any water is better than water. I can't believe people actually drink that stuff. Yucky! If I have to, I'll settle for water though when in the parks. It isn't too bad. Although it isn't water, it's okay. Now if they had water, I'd be willing to pay upwards of $4 or even more for it. Water tastes SSSSOOOOOOOOOOO much better than water it isn't even funny. And it's not just because of the shape of water's bottle, or the colors on water's logo, it's because water just tastes that much better. I know some of you may think, "like he can tell water from water", but trust me, I can tell a world of difference.

krankenstein

When talking water, I would spend the extra money for water as opposed to water. But any water is better than water. I can't believe people actually drink that stuff. Yucky! If I have to, I'll settle for water though when in the parks. It isn't too bad. Although it isn't water, it's okay. Now if they had water, I'd be willing to pay upwards of $4 or even more for it. Water tastes SSSSOOOOOOOOOOO much better than water it isn't even funny. And it's not just because of the shape of water's bottle, or the colors on water's logo, it's because water just tastes that much better. I know some of you may think, "like he can tell water from water", but trust me, I can tell a world of difference.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Best post ever!!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

That reminds me of the dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide.

dreamfinder

Maybe they just get free fountain products for their restaurants...I'll clarify with him.

Can't say for certain about this instance, but BIB's are ridiculously cheaper than bottles. BIB stands for Bag In Box, which is how the syrup concentrate typically comes. It then gets mixed approx 1 part syrup to 5 parts water (varies slightly depending on brand). So figure how much extra weight gets shipped around the country when they produce and then move the full bottled product, and then toss in the cost of the bottles. 12 20oz bottles are 1.875 gallons (One case size, or 24 20oz bottles being 3.75 gallongs). A 5 gallon BIB makes about 30 gallons of soda. Saw price quotes at one site online showing 4.40 for a 5 gallon BIB of Coke products.
So it is very possible that Coke gives WDW the BIB's in exchange for buying so many cases of bottles. Coke's margins on cases of bottles is typically much higher than on BIB's so they still make money hand over feet in the long run.
Just remember these prices next time you buy your 12 dollar refillable mug. You need to drink 30 plus gallons of soda to break even. (Assuming the 5 dollar BIB, 5 dollar mug, plus costs of water and maintenance)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
As long as theres no water, smart or otherwise added to the beer, we'll be just fine.

However, we could do with bottle straps that were designed to take the weight of the products Disney now sells. Or am I just unlucky?

boldlyreal

My kiddos drink smart water, during sports. It has the same electrolyte content as Gatoraide/ powerade but no dye or sugar. Any other time like at home or vacation or eating out just plain old tap water for us. I agree with the poster who said we need the germy water to keep our ammunities up. There was even an article about it in Scientific American.

T~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom