New signage and Recycling bins at Epcot

EPCOT.nut

When I was there last week I got stuck on it, so I share your jaded attitude!!!!! :lol:

I saw it when it was Captain EO...:lookaroun I was thinking of going in to see it for the first time (DD is totally freaked out by the 3D movies), but getting stuck on JII had me running for the hills...and a drink...:p :lol:

HAHA I got stuck on JII for a while in between the sight and smell lab next to the crates. The nice thing about that is you never get to see what is written on the crates, and really you don't notice them as you travel through that area.

So that was the good part. The bad part is that when JII stops, it doesn't always restart well. And the remainder of the ride without proper audio makes you realize that there is NOTHING to look at on that ride.

:lol:

VT GAL

I hope it you two didn't get stuck in the scent room. :lookaroun

I am sooooo thankful that it wasn't there!!!! We were at the end, and our car overshot the unloading area. It just kept getting light and dark and the song kept playing and playing....ugh! There were about 8 guys who came in to try to figure it out, but luckily we convinced them to let us shimmy out onto a thin piece of the dock to a door!!!!

VT GAL

HAHA I got stuck on JII for a while in between the sight and smell lab next to the crates. The nice thing about that is you never get to see what is written on the crates, and really you don't notice them as you travel through that area.

So that was the good part. The bad part is that when JII stops, it doesn't always restart well. And the remainder of the ride without proper audio makes you realize that there is NOTHING to look at on that ride.

I tried to read the crates this time around, but it went too fast!

It is such a blah ride now. It just makes me sad!!! I tried to explain the original version to my DH, but I did I poor poor job of it. I did find a picture of the turntable awhile ago, and that was an awesome find!!!

hpyhnt 1000

I am sooooo thankful that it wasn't there!!!! We were at the end, and our car overshot the unloading area. It just kept getting light and dark and the song kept playing and playing....ugh! There were about 8 guys who came in to try to figure it out, but luckily we convinced them to let us shimmy out onto a thin piece of the dock to a door!!!!

Its funny, because I never think of JII as an attraction that would encounter difficulties. Maybe because everytime I've gone on it, there's been no one there :)lookaroun), but it never struck me as a ride that would break down. :shrug:

hpyhnt 1000

I tried to read the crates this time around, but it went too fast!

It is such a blah ride now. It just makes me sad!!! I tried to explain the original version to my DH, but I did I poor poor job of it. I did find a picture of the turntable awhile ago, and that was an awesome find!!!

Ooo! Any chance you could PM that pic to me? I've been curious as to what that thing was. :wave:

wvdisneyfamily

Are these the signs that are supposed to be new? I kept thinking I hadn't seen them before but I wasn't entirely certain....

:confused::confused::confused:

2896610219_c53a7b8171.jpg

I thought I'd seen them before, too.

VT GAL

Ooo! Any chance you could PM that pic to me? I've been curious as to what that thing was. :wave:

Sure! Let me see where I put it....

EDIT: Found 'em! I found all sorts of good ones from EPCOT Center :) of Horizons, SSE, WOM...I forgot how green it used to be in the Fountain of Nations... Plus the ones from MK are pretty sweet too!!!!

EPCOT.nut

EDIT: Found 'em! I found all sorts of good ones from EPCOT Center :) of Horizons, SSE, WOM...I forgot how green it used to be in the Fountain of Nations... Plus the ones from MK are pretty sweet too!!!!

Sooooo - are you gonna share these pics? :):):) There's that extinct photo thread....hint. hint....:lol:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I could never find a recycling bin when I needed one. It sucks for people who actually want to recycle but can't. Come on world, get with the program!

Good to hear they are at least trying again.

It's never been Disney's problem....but ours.
Disney has always sorted and recycled.

As with many other places, it's the lazy people that throw their crap wherever they want. Recycle bins are useless if people keep throwing their regular trash in there.

olmec26

So, how did it work out? Did you get to everything? :shrug:

Sure did...of course, I didn't decide to do every attraction until late in the day when I realized that I was only missing 5 or 6 attractions (such as HISTA and Cirlce of Life).

That should be another poll...when's the last time anyone did Circle of Life?

EPCOT Explorer

I look at it this way: the reason HISTA is on the sign is because JII will be going down for refrub soon. Ergo, it doesn't make sense to advertise something that is going to be closed down for an extended amount of time. I bet HISTA will remain open while JII goes under, so might as well put that on the sign. After JII is done, a new show will replace HISTA, and the sign will be changed to reflect the new JII.

At least, that's my positive spin on things. :)

Same here...This might be a hint.

Wait, first time ever? :confused:
Yep.:lookaroun:lol:

hpyhnt 1000

Sure did...of course, I didn't decide to do every attraction until late in the day when I realized that I was only missing 5 or 6 attractions (such as HISTA and Cirlce of Life).

That should be another poll...when's the last time anyone did Circle of Life?

Uhhhh... :lookaroun *chirp, chirp*

I always wave at the CM at the land before you go into the greenhouses. They must get lonely!!!!

You know, I don't remember them always being there. When there was an actual CM guide for each boat, wasn't that area empty? Also, ever since they changed over to the recorded spiel, it seems to me that you see more CMs doing various things in the greenhouses that you didn't see before (covertly acting as security?). Then again, maybe I'm overthinking this. :lol:

Same here...This might be a hint.

Yep.:lookaroun:lol:

:eek: Wow. Coming from you, that kind of suprises me.

EPCOT Explorer

Uhhhh... :lookaroun *chirp, chirp*

You know, I don't remember them always being there. When there was an actual CM guide for each boat, wasn't that area empty? Also, ever since they changed over to the recorded spiel, it seems to me that you see more CMs doing various things in the greenhouses that you didn't see before (covertly acting as security?). Then again, maybe I'm overthinking this. :lol:

:eek: Wow. Coming from you, that kind of suprises me.

I know...It was on my list of things I have NEVER done.

The only thing on that list now is TT.:eek:

Listen...I have bad luck with TT.Either it is

Down.
Being refurbed.
Or out of FP's.
:cry:

I *have* been in the post show though.:DAnd WOM.;)

That and the actuall ride in MS(Chicken exit!) are the only things left on my list.:lol:

hpyhnt 1000

I know...It was on my list of things I have NEVER done.

The only thing on that list now is TT.:eek:

Listen...I have bad luck with TT.Either it is

Down.
Being refurbed.
Or out of FP's.
:cry:

I *have* been in the post show though.:DAnd WOM.;)

That and the actuall ride in MS(Chicken exit!) are the only things left on my list.:lol:

My, my! :eek: You still have to get to TT and MS?! (Sorry, I don't count the green side. The orange side is the true ride. ;))

Gosh, EE, what have you been doing when you're at Epcot-riding SSE for the whole day? :veryconfu ;) :lol:

Although, you did get on WoM and Horizons, also right? So, you have me beat there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom