News New security measures

BrerJon

Mythical??? Are you serious?
Throughout history, every time a government has disarmed their citizens, it ended badly for the citizens. This is one of the main reasons we were given a second amendment.

Just because something has been tried and failed, doesn't mean it will always fail. Besides, gun laws don't seem to have ended badly for Europeans, who don't suffer anywhere near as many gun deaths as Americans.

Also, how in the 21st century are citizens with a few handguns likely to be able to fight off a government? Look at Syria, that's probably the nearest real world example of your tyrannical government... plenty of guns there but it hasn't done them much good. What's a handgun going to do against warplanes and chemical weapon attacks? Or should civilains have a fleet of fighter aircraft now too, you know, just in case?

flynnibus

Premium Member
i agree. You should read more history.

The German Gun laws of the 30s did not bring Hitler to power - propaganda, repression, depression, and nationalism did.
The presence of guns did not stop the Nazis.
The presence of guns has not made any uprising against the US Federal Government successful

What you really should take away from the 1920s and 1930s and German is that the power of desperation and stroking the mob's desires/beliefs is far more powerful than muscles. Control information and thinking, and people will let you do whatever you want, even if it greatly conflicts with your moral compass.

Quinnmac000

My point is, for now, in this country, you don't have to have a reason if it's legal. So if I want to own a legal weapon I don't have to give you any reason at all.

Just because its legal doesn't make it morally right. I have the right to shot any one who steps on my lawn regardless if they are a threat or not due to standing my ground laws but should I do that? No. My future kids sneak out at night, sneak back in and I shot them because I thought to shot first ask questions second as there must be someone breaking. I just potentially killed and lost my own flesh and blood.
Guns are necessary. I think in certain areas it can be argued that they are needed as a safety measure but that is not majority of the United States.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
My point is, for now, in this country, you don't have to have a reason if it's legal. So if I want to own a legal weapon I don't have to give you any reason at all.

The German Gun laws of the 30s did not bring Hitler to power - propaganda, repression, depression, and nationalism did.
The presence of guns did not stop the Nazis.
The presence of guns has not made any uprising against the US Federal Government successful

What you really should take away from the 1920s and 1930s and German is that the power of desperation and stroking the mob's desires/beliefs is far more powerful than muscles. Control information and thinking, and people will let you do whatever you want, even if it greatly conflicts with your moral compass.

The Mom

Premium Member
Bag check at the MK was very busy this morning. Screening was being much more thorough than normal. 25 mins to get through.

dsc09821-2-jpg.145767
dsc09816-1-jpg.145768

Need help using the forum? | Latest Walt Disney World News | Walt Disney World Refurbishments
Steve - WDWMAGIC.COM

Steve posted this in another thread, and stated it was more extensive than usual.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I contracted there for a number of years and shootings were swept under the rug. At the place I worked there was a shooting in the parking lot. How can that be? No guns! It never made it to the papers so that the façade could continue. No guns! They cleaned up the crime scene and never mentioned it. The people have never been safer.
And your proof is ?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Having had a weekend playing in the mud at Download where news of the events were announced by the bands I do have to admire the wishful thinking of the naive. In another life I learned that even heavily defended secure areas can be compromised. Disney by the nature ofits business cant operate on restricting movement by that scale, and to me theres no difference in the group being targeted at the gates where they are now swarmed or in the park itself. Isnt a bus a good enough target, how many heads does it take on one run?
Just get on with things otherwise these twats have won. And maybe its time for the handwringers to admit we need to talk about the elephant in the room.

DisneyCane

Bag check at the MK was very busy this morning. Screening was being much more thorough than normal. 25 mins to get through.

dsc09821-2-jpg.145767
dsc09816-1-jpg.145768

Need help using the forum? | Latest Walt Disney World News | Walt Disney World Refurbishments
Steve - WDWMAGIC.COM

Steve posted this in another thread, and stated it was more extensive than usual.

A determined terrorist could kill and injure a lot more people by targeting this densely packed mass of people waiting for screening than they could if they got weapons or bombs into the park.

Inside the park, people are much more spread out (with the exception of fireworks viewing). If an attack began, security and police would have some chance to limit the damage and people could scatter away.

A couple of crude bombs a the security checkpoint would kill and injure hundreds.

Scuttle

Here is the text of the Second Amendment - "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Please explain to me how private ownership of any "arm" is a part of a well-regulated militia in 2016.
It says PEOPLE not militia. They clearly meant to put that instead of militia again. Supreme Court thought so as well in Heller.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It says PEOPLE not militia. They clearly meant to put that instead of militia again. Supreme Court thought so as well in Heller.

Because the militia is not the principle that they intended to protect, but the idea of the country - which is the people. The militia is the means, not the goal. That's why the militia is not the thing that needs its rights protected.

And I guess you missed the 200+ years before heller vs dc in the courts?

Scuttle

Because the militia is not the principle that they intended to protect, but the idea of the country - which is the people. The militia is the means, not the goal. That's why the militia is not the thing that needs its rights protected.

And I guess you missed the 200+ years before heller vs dc in the courts?
I'm just pointing out what actually makes sense. I don't even agree and anybody that knows anything about law knows everything is up for review.

And I guess you missed the 200+ years before heller vs dc in the courts?[/QUOT
I was just pointing that out. Im actually in favor of some gun control.

Last edited:

MississippiBelle

dsc09821-2-jpg.145767
dsc09816-1-jpg.145768

Steve - WDWMAGIC.COM

25 minutes isn't really that long of a wait all things considered. I think that Disney is doing all they can to make things as safe as they can aside from shutting down the parks entirely. As many others have said, if someone wants to kill a lot of people, they are going to do it anywhere and any time. We can't let these people have control over our peace and happiness.

Bairstow

A determined terrorist could kill and injure a lot more people by targeting this densely packed mass of people waiting for screening than they could if they got weapons or bombs into the park.

Inside the park, people are much more spread out (with the exception of fireworks viewing). If an attack began, security and police would have some chance to limit the damage and people could scatter away.

A couple of crude bombs a the security checkpoint would kill and injure hundreds.

This has occurred to me too.

I REALLY hope Disney is using some sort of low-key human intelligence and security in and around the areas before bag check, particularly the walkways from the bus stations and on at least one side of the ferry docks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom