News New security measures

s8film40

Other parks had these rules and metal detectors for years actually.
I remember when Six Flags started this, it was really more a part of the type of crowd those parks attracted. They had a lot of gang violence at the park that was near me. This is really more similar to why HHN used the metal detectors. Also Six Flags was't too smart about implementing it either. They applied the no gun rule to police, police were not allowed by Six Flags to go in with a gun and not allowed by law to go in without a gun and so they were essentially banned from the park.

PhotoDave219

The media shouldn't be covering this so heavily. It's terrorism in its purest definition. People are afraid to live their normal lives. This cannot be the first time someone has been caught bringing a weapon to the park. It's absurd to ban adult costumes for the Halloween parties. Why? Banning toy guns as well? Why? They will lose a lot of business..

Oh yeah, it's the media's fault that there's a serious mental illness problem in this country and more guns than people.... /Sarcasm

s8film40

We agree they are insane then.
I will agree it takes a very corrupt mentality to do what they do, I don't think they think they are going to eliminate our population this way. They could easily do far more damage with less high profile targets. The only reason you choose a well known guarded target is to get attention. Meaning your first priority is to get media attention, the people being killed are just the means to that end.

If the media and the population reacted with the same intensity and shock to terrorist stealing cupcakes as they do killing people they wouldn't harm anyone at all.

lazyboy97o

This can be applied to every single security measure we take then. Check points at military bases? Terrorists win. Extra police at the Jet game? Terrorists win. Lock your door at night? Terrorists win.

See what I'm saying?
Except those measures aren't about planned acts of violence.

bhg469

Oh yeah, it's the media's fault that there's a serious mental illness problem in this country and more guns than people.... /Sarcasm
The solution is somewhere in the middle. Honestly after the media made a sad attempt to stop talking about the shooters after a recent murder spree. Im of the opinion that the major outlets go way too far and almost glorify the message of these maniacs... But having said that, open carrying a rifle in starbucks is not a good idea. It doesn't help anyone and it only makes problems.

Can't we all agree that the Sara Mclachlan commercials with abused animals need to end?

CaptainAmerica

Can't we all agree that the Sara Mclachlan commercials with abused animals need to end?
agreed_pirates_caribbean.gif

thomas998

Well... It won't really do anything except make Disney a less enjoyable experience. They installed metal detectors at Six Flags Over Texas a while back and it lengthened the time it takes to get into that park by several orders of magnitude.

I know they are initially saying it will not be everyone getting scanned... but just wait as soon as they scan some muslim their will be a outcry of profiling and then Disney will either be forced to abandon the scanners or scan everyone which will make the lines for 7 dwarves look short compared to getting in to the park.

thomas998

It is a public space in the sense it's open to all who purchase a ticket - it's just not publicly Owned ;)

Maybe that's the answer. Turn it into a private resort and vet people before they are even allowed to buy a ticket to get in... Profile people and if they come from a high risk country or have anything that flags them as a potential threat they are blacklisted.

SandraAnn

Anyone claiming discrimination would have to prove that there was a disproportionate screening of certain groups versus others. As long as they are screening randomly and screening enough people, that will be impossible to prove.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom