News New security measures

dial3001

Well.......
Hmmm.......
So theme parks (not just Disney) have now increased the kill area that a bomb vest terrorist can hit....

Makes you wonder....

Oh? What do I mean by kill area... Well consider it this way (keep the Paris attack in mind), they have now made it were a large area of people will be corralled together to get thru this new check. All bomb vest wearing bad guy has to do now is walk up, get in the middle of the large group of people and detonate his/her vest.

Lots of hurt and dead people, I am very surprised it has not happened at a TSA checkpoint at an airport yet.

And as far as punishment goes for those that wish to do harm like the terrorist have....

Well.... What do they care, they are going to be dead. So how do laws that have punishment for actions affect a dead evil doer? Answer it doesn't.

Just my thoughts.

Forgot to add...

At least those that will get harmed didn't have it happen to them "in" the parks, just at the entrance area.

s8film40

You're absolutely right. The detectors are a PR nightmare waiting to happen when someone is "unjustifiably searched"
I kind of wonder if they've been instructed that if anyone complains to just let them skip it. If the moment someone says they're being discriminated against they just say sorry sir never mind just go through.

s8film40

Lots of hurt and dead people, I am very surprised it has not happened at a TSA checkpoint at an airport yet.
I've always wondered this myself. I personally think terrorist view TSA and other similar checkpoints as one of their greatest successes. I think their focus is on creating situations to make authorities increase it, not have to totally rethink it.

lazyboy97o

Well.......
Hmmm.......
So theme parks (not just Disney) have now increased the kill area that a bomb vest terrorist can hit....

Makes you wonder....

Oh? What do I mean by kill area... Well consider it this way (keep the Paris attack in mind), they have now made it were a large area of people will be corralled together to get thru this new check. All bomb vest wearing bad guy has to do now is walk up, get in the middle of the large group of people and detonate his/her vest.

And as far as punishment goes for those that wish to do harm like the terrorist have....

Well.... What do they care, they are going to be dead. So how do laws that have punishment for actions affect a dead evil doer? Answer it doesn't.

Just my thoughts.

Forgot to add...

At least those that will get harmed didn't have it happen to them "in" the parks, just at the entrance area.
Heck, Universal Orlando Resort allows vehicles to drive directly beneath their elevated checkpoint.

rucifee

At least Universal's doing it a little better...

http://www./2015/12/new-security-measures-at-universal-orlando-resort-metal-detectors/

PhotoDave219

I think it's safe to say as this issue is obviously present at the other international locations that we should all be able to put our political differences aside in this discussion as it really doesn't seem to be a factor.

I agree. People who want to take it in that direction Are small minded folk unable to hold a civilized debate.

Scuttle

Congratulations, terrorists. You win.
You are sadly correct. No sec
I'd be all for some basic, unobtrusive steps to shore up some of those. The problem is, these rent-a-detectors are obtrusive and they do not shore up anything.

1. I've never seen a metal detector implemented correctly.
2. It's not obstructive to your ability to walk into the Magic Kingdom, but it absolutely is obstructive to your ability to leave the world of Today and enter the worlds of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.
exactly, now the monorail ride from the TTC is not where the fantasy begins.
The solution is somewhere in the middle. Honestly after the media made a sad attempt to stop talking about the shooters after a recent murder spree. Im of the opinion that the major outlets go way too far and almost glorify the message of these maniacs... But having said that, open carrying a rifle in starbucks is not a good idea. It doesn't help anyone and it only makes problems.

Can't we all agree that the Sara Mclachlan commercials with abused animals need to end?
Yes end those stupid commercials! There are so many more paramount issues we need to be worrying about other than abused dogs.

P.S. I own a dog and am a dog lover.

flynnibus

Premium Member
For people worried about new congregations of people, Disney can diffuse a lot of this by opening the gates earlier.

By opening the gate early, and letting people into Main Street, etc... They reduce the backlog of people needing to get through in a short period.

They did this at dhs today as well.

Through bus manipulation they can stagger loads as well... Just like airports do to slow plane congestion

matt9112

No it isn't.

It's about security, perceived and actual risks.

So let's not drag politics into it.

I agree why is security always lumped into politics? Who you vote for and governance is politics....the reality of security measures at a theme park are not.

matt9112

Anyone claiming discrimination would have to prove that there was a disproportionate screening of certain groups versus others. As long as they are screening randomly and screening enough people, that will be impossible to prove.

Letigiation alone regardless of the outcome is not something Disney wants on headlines...park entry being compared to TSA screening at the Dining table is also something I think Disney would rather not occur.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom