News New security measures

bhg469

Not quite. A shooter can do more damage than a small bomb. A glock 23 holds 15 rounds and tucks away nicely. You can fire off and switch out four mags very quickly. Chances are sixty rounds will strike sixty or more in a crowd either passing though or bouncing off others. You are not going to run and hide. It's more about the mayhem. How many will get trampled as well as being shot?

To be honest, I would rather take my chances with no security and be allowed to concealed carry. At least I go out with a fighting chance.

THIS! Cargo shorts are the way to go. Also, I have a light weight ripstop nylon backpack that folds small enough to fit in one of the pockets. As soon as I get in, I put it on and my water bottle, camera, and everything else stuffed in the pockets goes in the backpack.
And no one is getting trampled from running away from an explosion? Shrapnel is going to fly everywhere and the concussion doesn't bounce off peope, it goes through them.

Sorry man, I have a ccw permit in NY and I rarely carry but if I did ever need to, unhlostering that thing in a crowd would most likely lead to me getting shot. Priorities are getting my wife away from danger, then others. If its just me, bad guy and no way to hide then I supposse then ill take my chances with my gun. A cop doesn't know me to be "helping" either so getting shot by an officer is pretty plausible. I'm all for being able to protect yourself and yes, a gun is the best way to do that against a on attacker with a weapon but not in a crowd. Even police will not return fire if there are people behind the person they are trying to stop.

And there is not a scenario in the world where a "small bomb" is not potentially more dangerous then a gun. What happened in Boston was IMO a miracle that only 3 people died. Yes a lot of people were severely injured but that was a situation that could have easily been 100x worse. That type of attack with multiple explosions would be a nightmare at any of the park entrances.

dreamfinder

Can you put pretty much anything in them? If we can fit our small water bottle in a pocket and avoid the bag check, we are good to go. Been wanting to ditch the bag, so this is a good incentive.

If they are overly packed, you may still get sent back to bag check, or at least forced to empty everything out for inspection by the CM at the No Bag entrance. I've seen both.

LongLiveTheKing

Additionally toy guns will no longer be sold
I'm totally for Disney doing whatever security searches they want, but really? Star Wars, Avatar, Marvel and FRONTIERLAND, Pirates OTC, Haunted Mansion all have guns. Especially Frontierland with their shooting range. A Star Wars blaster is also clearly not a gun.

bhg469

I'm totally for Disney doing whatever security searches they want, but really? Star Wars, Avatar, Marvel and FRONTIERLAND, Pirates OTC, Haunted Mansion all have guns. Especially Frontierland with their shooting range. A Star Wars blaster is also clearly not a gun.
Political correctness and reactionary policies. It is Disney trying to do "what's right" but not really solving any problems.

G00fyDad

I see where you are going but it's kind of a moot point. You bring the right kind of bomb and stick it in the right place it can kill hundreds. You bring the right type of firearm and shoot in the right place you can also kill hundreds. Can we agree that carnage is carnage and stop trying to outdo one another with examples of how "My way to kill is better than your way"?

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
... I can't tell if you got my sarcasm or not.
sarcasm.jpg

trampdog

I see where you are going but it's kind of a moot point. You bring the right kind of bomb and stick it in the right place it can kill hundreds. You bring the right type of firearm and shoot in the right place you can also kill hundreds. Can we agree that carnage is carnage and stop trying to outdo one another with examples of how "My way to kill is better than your way"?

Agreed.

Matt_Black

I don't think it's so much as which way is better/ more effective, but what's more likely to be a threat. And of those two, I think guns are the bigger thing to worry about.

G00fyDad

I don't think it's so much as which way is better/ more effective, but what's more likely to be a threat. And of those two, I think guns are the bigger thing to worry about.

I suppose if we were to relegate it to strictly a venue that performed bag checks then it might be a bomb(s) that we should worry about. It would be very easy to sneak in enough components to build a bomb than to sneak in a bunch of firearms/ammunition to do the equal amount of damage. On the other hand, you can do just as much damage as a bomb if you have access to get enough firearms/ammunition into a crowded spot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom