News New security measures

righttrack

I think they would reduce the strain on the park gate if they cleared people coming from the parking at TTC and just clear the hotel guests from the main gate. Wonder if that is what their plan is? They would then have to get creative with fencing etc. Might work. I will say that they do quite well for such a small staff.

Monorail_Red_77

Just got back from a two day trip to WDW. Mon at EPCOT and Tue at MK. for me at EPCOT everyone was being scanned on left side of the entrance area (not under the monorail station) I went through with stroller and no bags while wife handled bags in normal bag check area. They had large pop style canopy/pavilion setup with multiple walk through scanners (no pics but it did happen LOL). Was super easy and efficient.

Then next day at MK the area by the ferry docks that was recently refurbed and expanded.... Still same looks, nothing new. and for me at least was same as usual. Wife went through bag check with bags and stroller for normal bag check and had to do walk through scan. While I walked in with no bags and was not picked for walk through scanner. I had previously thought that all guests were being screened via walk through but I guess not yet. Although it could have been a random experience.

I will say that it was weird about Express Monorail to MK. We entered TTC at around 11:30am and was told that Express was down until 6:30pm. So we took Ferry so as not to have to wait through resort stops to MK on Resort Monorail. I just figured we would take it on way out of park. So we leave the park around 4:45 and they have a sign that says that Express Monorail service was only from 11:00 to 6:00pm that day. Weird. So Express Monorail was not running at all yesterday (tues 1/17). At least this was my experience. So we took Resort Monorail from MK to TTC as (kids) were needing their monorail fix.

I am Timmy

Just got back from a two day trip to WDW. Mon at EPCOT and Tue at MK. for me at EPCOT everyone was being scanned on left side of the entrance area (not under the monorail station) I went through with stroller and no bags while wife handled bags in normal bag check area. They had large pop style canopy/pavilion setup with multiple walk through scanners (no pics but it did happen LOL). Was super easy and efficient.

Then next day at MK the area by the ferry docks that was recently refurbed and expanded.... Still same looks, nothing new. and for me at least was same as usual. Wife went through bag check with bags and stroller for normal bag check and had to do walk through scan. While I walked in with no bags and was not picked for walk through scanner. I had previously thought that all guests were being screened via walk through but I guess not yet. Although it could have been a random experience.

I will say that it was weird about Express Monorail to MK. We entered TTC at around 11:30am and was told that Express was down until 6:30pm. So we took Ferry so as not to have to wait through resort stops to MK on Resort Monorail. I just figured we would take it on way out of park. So we leave the park around 4:45 and they have a sign that says that Express Monorail service was only from 11:00 to 6:00pm that day. Weird. So Express Monorail was not running at all yesterday (tues 1/17). At least this was my experience. So we took Resort Monorail from MK to TTC as (kids) were needing their monorail fix.
Do they have wands to scan people, too, or just walk through scanners? Are the walk through scanners like the kind at the airport, full body? I have a special needs son that absolutely will not walk through the full body at the airport, we always wait for someone to come and and do the pat down. Just wondering if there is a choice.

dreamfinder

Do they have wands to scan people, too, or just walk through scanners? Are the walk through scanners like the kind at the airport, full body? I have a special needs son that absolutely will not walk through the full body at the airport, we always wait for someone to come and and do the pat down. Just wondering if there is a choice.

They do have both. A typical walk through metal detector, as well as the wands. At Epcot the day of the Marathon, the front entrance was actually pulling strollers to the side, checking all the bags and then wanding down the people while the other guests were going through the walk through detectors.

beertiki

One thing I find strange is, I have never taken off my watch to go through the metal detector, and nothing ever happens. I wear a big heavy Seiko dive watch, there has to be more metal on my arm than a small pocket knife. Makes me wonder what are they looking for, and if the machine is even working.

ABQ

One thing I find strange is, I have never taken off my watch to go through the metal detector, and nothing ever happens. I wear a big heavy Seiko dive watch, there has to be more metal on my arm than a small pocket knife. Makes me wonder what are they looking for, and if the machine is even working.
My Deep Blue Daynight Recon set it off, but my Seiko Turtle doesn't. But on a full body detector, I think it would require a certain minimum volume of metal before it went off. Rock that dive watch and some big cowboy belt buckle at the same time and see what happens.

Disney-Trains

I'm looking forward to see what Disney can do on both coasts to make the screenings have better flow. It looks so tacky right now on both coasts... But I know (hope) it's only temporary until something more permanent is designed.

Even during New Years crowds at WDW the flow was pretty good.

I am Timmy

They do have both. A typical walk through metal detector, as well as the wands. At Epcot the day of the Marathon, the front entrance was actually pulling strollers to the side, checking all the bags and then wanding down the people while the other guests were going through the walk through detectors.
Thank you for responding! Good to know, when we go I know I will be asking them to use a wand on my son.

UncleMike101

When all these measures were being installed, there was rumor that the Pulse shooter had cased Disney as a potential target. That has now come out in court.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...d-attack-disney-world-prosecutors-say-n860786
This article is NBC (No Body Cares) pretending that they've discovered something new.
The news concerning the shooters plans was released a couple of days after the tragic shootings.
It was reported by Police investigators that he had cased Disney Springs but was spooked by the number of armed officers on patrol there.

beertiki

If everyone read the latest article you would know that the shooter was seen on camera the day of the shooting at Disney Springs. The shooter can be seen looking at a police officer, and it is believed that he then decided to go to the night club instead. I don't remember reading that he was identified on Disney cameras the day of the attack previously. This really was a close call for Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom