New Samantha Brown special

NoChesterHester

At least they didn't show footage of a fully functional Yeti when talking about Everest.

I noticed that. As soon as Bromstead started talking about Everest I started watching closely to see if they would show that old marketing material of the Yeti swooping at the train.

I enjoyed the show however. There wasn't a single revelation, but it was fun.

Lee

Adventurer
Eh...I didn't watch. Seemed like too much of a commercial to me.:shrug:
I really don't watch the TV shows anymore unless there is going to be some backstage or WDI stuff.

dr_teeth90210

Show sucked. Youtube videos are more interesting then that crap. And I love how the Travel Channel promotes it as a "Samantha Brown" special when she was in it for the first 10 minutes.

Next time Travel Channel should save their money and just buy the rights to "The Muppets at Walt Disney World".

Far more entertaining.

Yankee Mouse

I enjoyed parts of it, mostly just Sam's and David's segments were great and of course just seeing the clips of the parks. The rest? Not so much. What's that you had great disney memories watching your kids ride barnstormer with goofy? Or riding the teacups with the mad hatter or private time on the grass in front of the castle to meet with the princesses or to just run around?? wow no surprise there, that would make great disney memories for my family as well, too bad we don't get that kind of treatment there.

Disney05

Caught parts of it. I also dvr'ed it. I never watch these specials hoping to learn something new. There's way more "breaking news" on this site. I watch it because I enjoy watching things on Disney.

Edisto Pluto

We watched and we enjoyed it. It is always nice to see a little of Disney on a cold winters night. I really enjoyed seeing they players first Disney experiences.

DisneyWall-E

Anyone else notice how they didnt say Barnstormer just Goofys coaster. I guess its the same reason they didnt show the yeti. Neither are comming back.

backinaction

the guy made a comment about how the yeti reaches out for you and comes within inches of you during the ride. I wanted to be like "no, no he doesn't"

WDW_Emily

Anyone else notice how they didnt say Barnstormer just Goofys coaster. I guess its the same reason they didnt show the yeti. Neither are comming back.

the guy made a comment about how the yeti reaches out for you and comes within inches of you during the ride. I wanted to be like "no, no he doesn't"

These were the two that stood out for me. I wanted to see if they mentioned the FLE with the "goofy coaster" or if they showed the yeti reaching down.

was most upset with everyones moments being alone with characters. I watched it with my sister and we were both like "that never happens."

erasure fan1

These were the two that stood out for me. I wanted to see if they mentioned the FLE with the "goofy coaster" or if they showed the yeti reaching down.

was most upset with everyones moments being alone with characters. I wanted with my sister and we were both like "that never happens."
I was thinking the same thing on both these points. And dont forget about all the running through the grassy areas. Like you wouldnt get thrown out for that.

Both my wife and I didnt think the show was all that great. I always hope, but never expect, that we will get at least a hint of something new. Oh well par for the course.

sbkline

I think sometimes it is just nice to watch something new that takes you back to the parks for 30 minutes or so.

Exactly. That's why I feel so strongly against DCL and DL being included. I try to go to WDW every year, and that's where my sentimental attachment lies. That's where I want to be taken back to. I don't want to be taken to DL or to the Disney Ship...I've never been to either and have no sentimental attachment to those places. So save them for their own special and give WDW its own specials.

disneypearl

I really enjoyed it. It was so nice to see something new about WDW on the Travel channel. I wish it focused on only WDW but for the most part it did.

The only bad part was that it really made me miss being at WDW.

Mickey92

Hi All,

Is there anyway of watching it again? I live in the UK and can't watch it but I want to :(

Would be awesome if there is a stream/upload or anything to watch it again..

Thanks,

Tristan

MCC1

I think sometimes it is just nice to watch something new that takes you back to the parks for 30 minutes or so.

I agree...and as DW & I are a heading down in 2 weeks for the Princess 1/2 marathon, it got us primed seeing a little WDW in HD on a cold winters night...

accord99cutie

Premium Member
I love watching all of the Disney TV specials! I thought this one was pretty good, it made miss the World, and isn;t that the point of these things? Also, like some others, I was a little disappointed that they had the character meet and greets but didn't mention that everyday guests can not do that. Some people who have never been may see that and expect that to be possible for them, when in reality, you have to be a celebrity, or pay bug bucks to do that.

a2grafix

Although it was quite enjoyable to see Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and the cruise line in the new show (considering a future Disney cruise), I took notice that the special concentrated heavily on Animal Kingdom attractions and the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Out of the four WDW parks, I think Animal Kingdom and its resort received the most air time.

coffeebean

I love watching all of the Disney TV specials! I thought this one was pretty good, it made miss the World, and isn;t that the point of these things? Also, like some others, I was a little disappointed that they had the character meet and greets but didn't mention that everyday guests can not do that. Some people who have never been may see that and expect that to be possible for them, when in reality, you have to be a celebrity, or pay bug bucks to do that.
Actually, all you need it a camera crew following you around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom