New Rumor

minnie61650

^ Yes, but I thought they were going for more thrills? They've got Living with the Land, Journey into Imagination, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Spaceship Earth, Gran Fiesta Tour, Maelstrom, and Ellen's Energy Adventure.

People want thrills and all they've got is Mission: SPACE and Test Track.

I am just trying to get people to think outside the box.
Even if they build a mountain (with an attraction inside) behind Japan it does not mean that attraction needs to be a coaster.

How about a different type of flight simulator where the guests wear 3 D glasses and the mountain starts to rumble because an earthquake or eruption or something evil lurks within the mountain... well just use your imagination. I am sure there are a lot of possiblities.

I would like to hear some other possiblities.

Please post yours.

Just my 2 cents

Even if they build a mountain (with an attraction inside) behind Japan it does not mean that attraction needs to be a coaster.

How about a different type of flight simulator where the guests wear 3 D glasses and the mountain starts to rumble because an earthquake or eruption or something evil lurks within the mountain... well just use your imagination. I am sure there are a lot of possiblities.

Please post yours.

Just my 2 cents

What about a 3D version of Soarin? How cool would that be!

EPCOT_1138

Please post yours.

Just my 2 cents

Completely agreed. I just think that Epcot needs some sort of a coaster... something different to bring even more people to the park. A well themed B&M flying coaster would be awesome (see a few posts above for more).

Magic Kingdom have Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, and Barnstormer (all very mild roller coasters), Disney-MGM Studios has Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and Animal Kingdom has Expedition Everest and Primeval Whirl.

Epcot has now updated its image to more thrills (Test Track, Mission: SPACE), why another 3D movie or dark ride?

DISNEY NEEDS TO INSTALL A COASTER SIMILIAR TO THE "MYSTERY MINE" at DOLLYWOOD. This is my favorite "family friendy" coaster. There are enough thrills for adults and teens, but not a "hulk" of a coaster that kids can't ride. The ride system could be themed to almost anything!!!

WDWGoof07

A Mt. Fuji attraction would be amazing, I agree. Disney would definitely do it right.

Just speculation, but I think this will come to Epcot because (I think someone mentioned it before) of that stupid hotel that will visually intrude on beautiful World Showcase. Disney will not take kindly to that, and they could also potentially use it as a way to attract more people to the back of World Showcase to lighten the load on the Big Three in Future World.

If we really wanted to dream big, I could see this as a segway of sorts for getting the Canada Rapids ride or a Swiss pavilion w/Matterhorn to balance out the WS skyline.

However, as much as we'd like to see this happen, it wouldn't happen in the near future because they have work to do on DHS. Judging from the exciting rumors tossed around here, DHS will be a first-class park in no time, and then Disney will probably look at adding this concept.

Going to work every day, I pass by two construction areas behind the MK castle. One is seen, one is hidden. The one that is seen says "fire department" from what I saw. The one that is hidden is near the cast parking for Grand Floridian. There's a small retention pond near the parking, and right near that there's a clearing of bushes for carts/walking. I've been wondering what's up around that area.

DisneyparkFreak

I recall reading somewhere that one of the origional plans for the land pavillion was a coaster that took the riders through different types of lands like rainforests and such. I think that would be pretty cool, except the fact that with Sorin now in the land that makes that pavillion pretty much complete. Am i right here or am i just dreaming again???

Rob562

In the Bonnet Creek Resort--an area south of Epcot and just west of I-4--a Hilton hotel and a Waldorf-Astoria hotel are supposed to be built. This is on property that Disney does not own. Rumor is that one or both hotels will be tall enough to be seen from some parts of WS.

The angles aren't right. If the new Bonnet Creek hotels visually intrude into World Showcase, they will appear behind Germany and/or Italy. A mountain behind Japan wouldn't hide anything, as the only thing in that direction is Tower of Terror, and that's already fairly visually unobstrusive, except for the already mentioned blending with Morocco.

If Fuji ends up being a coaster-based attraction, perhaps they'll go with a *real* bobsled coaster, one that runs in a trough and not on rails... Maybe Disney saw the excitement that Knoebel's under-construction "Flying Turns" coaster is generating in the coaster community. ;-)

-Rob

juan

just to clarify a few things said in this thread:

The dirt to the left of the Japan thought to be pre-construction was the staging area for the food and wine huts
The big building behind Japan is a huge workshop. Many things like kiosks and carts are built and fixed in the area. This area would have to be relocated before development would occur. There also isn't much room to expand back. The perimeter road is right behind the current building and the edge of Epcot property is very close to there too.

minnie61650

just to clarify a few things said in this thread:

The dirt to the left of the Japan thought to be pre-construction was the staging area for the food and wine huts
The big building behind Japan is a huge workshop. Many things like kiosks and carts are built and fixed in the area. This area would have to be relocated before development would occur. There also isn't much room to expand back. The perimeter road is right behind the current building and the edge of Epcot property is very close to there too.

Thanks for the info. If that is the case perhaps the "mountain" if we are still taking about a "mountain' may not have full depth and might be tall but would be pretty flat on the backside which we would not see from World Showcase.
In that case maybe they could build an elevator shaft ride simular to the Tower of Terror ride.

Just an "outside the box" thought.

brkgnews

I recall reading somewhere that one of the origional plans for the land pavillion was a coaster that took the riders through different types of lands like rainforests and such. I think that would be pretty cool, except the fact that with Sorin now in the land that makes that pavillion pretty much complete. Am i right here or am i just dreaming again???
That coaster was not part (to my knowledge) of any ORIGINAL Future World concepts, however, it was supposedly part of the rumored "Project Gemini" that would have turned Future World into "Discoveryland" and would also have made SSE a coaster-style experience (in addition to the proposed rainforest coaster).

EDIT: changed to project GEMINI, not project GENESIS. Apparently was waaaaay to early to be posting this morning. Nice catch, Epcot82Guy.

Scar Junior

I don't recall seeing this in any original plans... but i do remember seeing this on a website back when i used to play roller coaster tycoon 2.

In response to the original post by Merf... that's a damn good riddle and I'm stumped... there have been some good and some ridiculous hypotheses made regarding your info. When asked, my source (who works below Meg) said they knew nothing of World Showcase plans (not that he/she would necessarily tell me if they knew). Thus, I will anxiously await further info and hope that it applies to WS. As we all know... this area isn't nearly as starved for a new attraction as other parts of WDW... but it would change the park's dynamic and improve the WS experience and skyline.

If it's true then I'm 100% for it, but the few people I've talked to said it's more or less just an optimistic rumor.

Epcot82Guy

Yes. The Land coaster was the Rainforest Rollercoaster. It would be built in front of the pavilion. This was part of Project Gemini. All signs indicate that is not the approach that will be taken, so that is likely tabled for good.

JimboJones123

Dang, I wish Merf would stop dangling the carrot and give us a hint of what he's talking about. We have 12 pages and my feelings are really hurt that he would decieve us like this. I've decided that I am totally not visiting this site for at least 4 more minutes. How ya like that Merf??? Jerk!!!

(The preceding response was in jest -- if you couldn't figure it out -- I was more upset that the curtain was pulled back so early in the thread. You really had us hangin' Merf -- Congrats -- Well Played. If anybody has the guts to play this kind of game again -- MORE POWER TO YOU)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom