New Rumor

the-reason14

Mt. Fuji? Would they do another mountain so soon after EE?

Here...I'll throw another iron on the fire....what about something to do with referb of River Country?

What ever it would be...it would has to be something big enough to counter the Potter thing....:veryconfu

Thats what I was thinking. Even though E:E opened last year, in disney terms its still new and just opened. I cant really see them adding this Mt. Fuji in yet if ever. This was suppose to be something added years ago right? And it seems like every coaster has to be a mountain. In the long run, I love coasters and wouldnt mind seeing more of em at WDW, but I would love for mgm to get some heavily themed thrilling coaster that isnt a mountain, something similar to Revenge of the Mummy at the other place, something like a movie set or something.

CBOMB

Yes, the rear area of Japan is once again being looked at.
No, there is no greenlit attraction at this point, nor a set idea of when it could happen.
And no, from what very little I have heard about the idea, it is not exactly the same as any of the previous concepts.

Give it some time. More will be known in the coming months.
That's pretty much sums up what those actually in the know, and post in Disney forums have to say on the matter.

phenom1307

MK already has 3 mountains (Space, Splash, and Big Thunder). Now AK has one. Space Mountain is a coaster ride in the dark, Splash Mountain involves water, Big Thunder is an outdoor coaster, Everest is mix of indoor/outdoor.

So, you tell me. What could be done differently this time around? What would make yet another mountain ride unique?

you never mentioned anything about uniqueness(sp?) in your first post all you did was basically complain about the idea of "ANOTHER" mountain. if you would have stated something about how will this mountain be different in your first post i wouldn't have said anything but you were complaing that when disney can think of anything else to do they make a mountain. sorry but complaining about the possibility of making another mountain when before that they had only created one new mountain in some 35 years. one mountain in 35 years sure looks to me like thats all disney does now when they cant think of something new (if you cant tell thats sarcasm)

PintoColvig

I thought I read here awhile ago that some tall hotel was going to be built near Epcot on some property that was inside WDW but not owned by disney itself. So maybe disney is going to put up something tall to block view of that hotel which would have been an ugly eyesore towering above the countries?

In the Bonnet Creek Resort--an area south of Epcot and just west of I-4--a Hilton hotel and a Waldorf-Astoria hotel are supposed to be built. This is on property that Disney does not own. Rumor is that one or both hotels will be tall enough to be seen from some parts of WS.

sparky03

you never mentioned anything about uniqueness(sp?) in your first post all you did was basically complain about the idea of "ANOTHER" mountain. if you would have stated something about how will this mountain be different in your first post i wouldn't have said anything but you were complaing that when disney can think of anything else to do they make a mountain. sorry but complaining about the possibility of making another mountain when before that they had only created one new mountain in some 35 years. one mountain in 35 years sure looks to me like thats all disney does now when they cant think of something new (if you cant tell thats sarcasm)
Oh for pete's sake ... who cares?! Why are you copping such an attitude just because I happen to think 4 mountain-themed rides is enough for one resort? It's not going to ruin my life if they do build another mountain or two and I don't recall indicating that it was nearly as important to me as you're making it out to be.

And just as an aside, I don't know where you get your "one mountain in 35 years" statistic from:
Space Mountain - 1975
Big Thunder Mountain - 1980
Splash Mountain - 1992
Expedition Everest - 2006

And dare I include these?
Mount Mayday (Typhoon Lagoon)
Mount Gushmore (Blizzard Beach)

Sorry if my mountain threshold just happens to be a bit lower than yours. I'd just like to see the creative team at Disney invest their spare $$$ in something fresh and new. It seems to me we've done about all we can do with mountains.

But if they build it, I'll still go see it. So quit making such a mountain out of a molehill will ya? :lol:

EPCOT_1138

Maybe a coaster that is suspended. Perhaps a coaster that is suspended part of the time and uses the traditional track the other part of the time.
Or a coaster that you stand up while riding.
Those are just a few unique ideas that WDW has not used yet but they may have used in other parks.

Just my 2 cents.

It's pretty impossible to make a suspended (inverted) coaster be half traditional, half suspended. They do make stand-up coasters (the main company that makes them is called B&M) and they are at several Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks.

A B&M flying coaster would be interesting as well. It's a unique idea other than a tradition Disney mine train-themed roller coaster (Thunder Mountain, Expedition Everest). In the B&M flyers, you sit in the seat like a traditional B&M inverted and raised up to a "flying postition". That would actually be an awesome idea! :D

ssidiouss@mac.c

In the Bonnet Creek Resort--an area south of Epcot and just west of I-4--a Hilton hotel and a Waldorf-Astoria hotel are supposed to be built. This is on property that Disney does not own. Rumor is that one or both hotels will be tall enough to be seen from some parts of WS.

Do you think that a mountain in japan would block the view of that?

phenom1307

Oh for pete's sake ... who cares?! Why are you copping such an attitude just because I happen to think 4 mountain-themed rides is enough for one resort? It's not going to ruin my life if they do build another mountain or two and I don't recall indicating that it was nearly as important to me as you're making it out to be.

And just as an aside, I don't know where you get your "one mountain in 35 years" statistic from:
Space Mountain - 1975
Splash Mountain - 1992

Sorry if my mountain threshold just happens to be a bit lower than yours. I'd just like to see the creative team at Disney invest their spare $$$ in something fresh and new. It seems to me we've done about all we can do with mountains.

But if they build it, I'll still go see it. So quit making such a mountain out of a molehill will ya? :lol:

well whose to say that this will be a coaster or even an attraction at all it could just be there for scenery(soory my spelling sucks)

minnie61650

Or if they build a mountain it might have a dark iride n it or a ride that is kind of like the Spaceship Earth ride, a Horizones type ride or a World of Motion type of ride.
I am talking about the way the ride could be laid out not the actual remaking the old rides.

Just my 2 cents.

EPCOT_1138

^ Yes, but I thought they were going for more thrills? They've got Living with the Land, Journey into Imagination, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Spaceship Earth, Gran Fiesta Tour, Maelstrom, and Ellen's Energy Adventure.

People want thrills and all they've got is Mission: SPACE and Test Track.

Space Mountain - 1975
Splash Mountain - 1992

I kinda agree, no more mountains, I would love to see something like "The Mummy," maybe in MGM! Epcot is a 2 day park...MGM...I mean DHS is barley a day! Build up DHS Disney!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom