New Rumor

EPCOT.nut

Rule #2: Photography and Videography on public forms of transportion is highly frowned upon- I learned this the hard way.

No, I'm not making up these rules. I toured Japan with a host family for two weeks, learning these strange but interesting customs...

I read this as "ography and Videography..." and I thought that sounded pretty reasonable! :lol::lol:

:lookaroun

EPCOT_1138

A few pages back, someone made mention of how a coaster that switches from normal to inverted in the middle of the ride would be impossible. I don't doubt that it would be difficult - I have no idea how it would be done, but this idea has been thrown around before for other ride concepts. I believe this was part of the idea behind Dragon Towers for Beastly Kingdom, and Fire Mountain for Adventureland. I have to believe that there is some concept floating around imagineering that could make this work from an engineering standpoint, it would just be finding the ride to put it in.

It probably could, but it hasn't been done yet. I said it's PRETTY impossible because it would require a lot of new technology and concepts.

Disney could do it in the future...

lentesta

Premium Member
You know what would be cool along with this? Adding a themed hotel in/on the mountain, and allowing guests to stay there. Something small, a couple hundred rooms tops, but charging out the wazoo to stay there.

Also, props to merf for correctly categorizing his writing as haiku. Some folks use the term to cover all such three-line writings, when some are more aptly described as senryu (which include commentary on human behavior). Haiku are for natural phenomena.

Len

brkgnews

You know what would be cool along with this? Adding a themed hotel in/on the mountain, and allowing guests to stay there. Something small, a couple hundred rooms tops, but charging out the wazoo to stay there.

Also, props to merf for correctly categorizing his writing as haiku. Some folks use the term to cover all such three-line writings, when some are more aptly described as senryu (which include commentary on human behavior). Haiku are for natural phenomena.

Len
Natural phenomena... like Mountains made of steel,chicken wire, mesh rebar, and themed concrete? :D

All joking aside, your idea of a hotel on the mount would be also be a step toward the Westcot concepts of "stay in the park," huh?

BSikor

I want to second with someone earlier... Do we really need another mountain? It just seems like its a simple go-to with disney. Want to build a coaster? Make it a mountain (excluding RRC of course). I would really like to see something different. Something that hasn't been done. I like the bullet train idea. The original concept art looked promising.

Ilovewishes

I would love for Disney to finally finish those half-finished Showase pavilions. Germany, Japan, the UK...

For the record, a lot could be done with UK bit. We are not all about the Beatles! We have moved on a bit since then!

johnvree

yes i read the thread, obviously! and i only see merf defending the fact that a mountain can be built over the japan buildings, not actually insinutating that THAT is the "rumor" he is referring to... and fyi this:mad:#$%^&* is not cursing!! its covering up a curse word but its not actually cursing, dont get so defensive over a couple of symbols, i was just trying to emphasis my frustration on the fact that he hasnt come out straight and told us what the rumor is

I agree with you. I'm also frustrated. Enough already, if you have info, please share.

RHeath2

Hey merf,

I'll give you props on being able to be creative enough to stir some interest around here, regardless of what some others think.

If it is true about a new ride coming into Japan, then more power to 'em! Anything at Epcot that could help draw more guests to it or alleviate the congestion on the trio of Soarin', Test Track, and Mission: Space would be greatly appreciated.

bugsbunny

My spies tell me that the "attraction" is reportedly $100M+, 75% developed, and will have a launch system similar to RRC. :zipit:

And of course, I'm completely making that up. Just like majority of the factual statements and insider news your read here PRIOR to actually being announced by Disney or actualy being built. Don't get me wrong, there are some that are correct. But i think the ratio is something like 1 in 25 that actually ever bear fruit.

Speculate all you want, I'll believe it when I see it announced by Disney AND its actually open. Look no further than the Pop Century buildings. All we need is another dramatic event to shape tourism, like the American housing market going into the toilet and oil trading (as of this morning) at $99 A BARREL!!

Disney certainly can't invest in hundreds of millions of improvements over the next few years if the world's economy is heading for a recession and they won't be able to pay down debt.

If anything "huge" comes to Disney that wasn't already approved and in motion, you have to think they are really going to pick/choose their next mega projects and worry about return of investment.

Now that my business side of me has wasted your time, I actually really really really hope they build something cool in World Showcase to make it other than a long walk with different alcoholic drinks along the way. :ROFLOL:

Pete C

All we need is another dramatic event to shape tourism, like the American housing market going into the toilet and oil trading (as of this morning) at $99 A BARREL!!

Disney certainly can't invest in hundreds of millions of improvements over the next few years if the world's economy is heading for a recession and they won't be able to pay down debt.

If anything "huge" comes to Disney that wasn't already approved and in motion, you have to think they are really going to pick/choose their next mega projects and worry about return of investment.

If it were that simple than Disneyland wouldn't be dropping 1 BILLION dollars into California Adventure. Then theres the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

chinitopoop

I'm sorry, but how did you not understand that that was Merf confirming that that was the rumor? He went on later to say how to look at the previously posted Concept art of the coaster to see what he was saying.

no, that didnt strike me as THE rumor, I thought that was just a little extra side note, and apparently i wasnt the only one to not get that THAT was the rumor being that just about every post after merf said that, was still speculation on what the rumor was going to be, and people were still asking what the rumor was, so just about everyone else is just as confused as i am about this rumor.... but in that case if thats the rumor, all he says is that "someone is looking at large objects behind japan again" if that truly is the rumor he was speaking about, then that has to be the worst rumor i ever heard, not even worth being called a "rumor" in my opinion, and definitly not worth my time fighting with u... but i'm sure merf is loving the attention we're all giving to this thread being that he hasnt said anything since then...so

merf in the future, dont make us play 21 questions for a new rumor, just tell us flat out what u heard or found out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom