New Rumor

mary219

after a very quick search through the thread,i still am not sure what the rumour is.is it a coaster ,a new country or both,Plz somebody simplify for me,i am having a blonde moment.por favor.

minnie61650

I'd like to see something use this type of technology...seems REALLY cool and gives you that "leaving the track" feeling.

http://www.cantileveredcoaster.com/AbouttheCRC.html

Yes, that REALLY does like look like a cool coaster. Now that is "thinking outside the Box".

That is the kind of tecnoglogy that Disney used to be known for.
It would really be great if Disney built a coaster like the Cantilevered Coaster System.

Just my 2 cents.

jedimaster1227

So they're building a Japanese Bullet Train ride? Can't believe everyone's overlooked this comment.

Unless they enforce the incredibly strange but interesting rules common to the Shinkansen and the rest of the Japanese metro, it won't be authentic.

Rule #1: Let the elderly, pregnant or ill sit in your seat if there are no more available seats- or else they have the right to beat you with a cane.

Rule #2: Photography and Videography on public forms of transportion is highly frowned upon- I learned this the hard way.

No, I'm not making up these rules. I toured Japan with a host family for two weeks, learning these strange but interesting customs...

cdunbar

The bullet train idea would be a unique one. I mean something like Mt. Fuji focuses more on culture or points of interest while the bullet train is something very modern. Then again I'm sleep deprivaed and over the last two days have had to write 2 research papers...o well:shrug:

minnie61650

Unless they enforce the incredibly strange but interesting rules common to the Shinkansen and the rest of the Japanese metro, it won't be authentic.

Rule #1: Let the elderly, pregnant or ill sit in your seat if there are no more available seats- or else they have the right to beat you with a cane. .....

I wonder if that rule could be enforced on the Disney Buses?:lookaroun

Just kidding Folks.

But I must say a little common coutsey can go a long way.

Just my 2 cents.

brkgnews

Is it the Japanese bullet train or the Japanese subway system where they have professional shovers whose job it is to cram as many people possible into the tram, by force if neccessary.

darthjohnny

Rule #1: Let the elderly, pregnant or ill sit in your seat if there are no more available seats- or else they have the right to beat you with a cane.

Rule #2: Photography and Videography on public forms of transportion is highly frowned upon- I learned this the hard way.

No, I'm not making up these rules. I toured Japan with a host family for two weeks, learning these strange but interesting customs...

Wow they're very strict in their public transportation systems. Why no cameras?

Wasn't it because the government is so strict with their metro systems that that is the reason why there is no Tokyo Disneyland Railroad? I remember reading about how their train stops and starts in the same place, because if it actually transported people, the government would have control over it, but Disney didn't want that.

But then again, who controls the monorail they have there? :shrug:

jedimaster1227

Is it the Japanese bullet train or the Japanese subway system where they have professional shovers whose job it is to cram as many people possible into the tram, by force if neccessary.

It is the metro/subway that they push people onto. The bullet train is a ticketed form of transportation, guaranteeing you a seat when you purchase a ticket. As for the the metro, claustrophobia and fear of getting close to others could be a problem... :animwink:

Wow they're very strict in their public transportation systems. Why no cameras?

That one is not a written rule, but it is observed. It is apparantly disrespectful to those around you to take photographs or videos in any form of public transportation (though on the Shinkansen, the rules were less observed). I found out from a tour guide for our group when I started taking photos of adds for DisneySea inside of the metro...

PintoColvig

The angles aren't right. If the new Bonnet Creek hotels visually intrude into World Showcase, they will appear behind Germany and/or Italy. A mountain behind Japan wouldn't hide anything, as the only thing in that direction is Tower of Terror, and that's already fairly visually unobstrusive, except for the already mentioned blending with Morocco.

-Rob
You are correct. I was just responding to a question about the hotels being built.

Do you think that a mountain in japan would block the view of that?
See Rob's quote above.

RSoxNo1

A few pages back, someone made mention of how a coaster that switches from normal to inverted in the middle of the ride would be impossible. I don't doubt that it would be difficult - I have no idea how it would be done, but this idea has been thrown around before for other ride concepts. I believe this was part of the idea behind Dragon Towers for Beastly Kingdom, and Fire Mountain for Adventureland. I have to believe that there is some concept floating around imagineering that could make this work from an engineering standpoint, it would just be finding the ride to put it in.

Tim G

Yes, the rear area of Japan is once again being looked at.
No, there is no greenlit attraction at this point, nor a set idea of when it could happen.
And no, from what very little I have heard about the idea, it is not exactly the same as any of the previous concepts.

Give it some time. More will be known in the coming months.
C'mon Lee... What's so secret about a backdrop with Mt. Fuji on it...
There's not really something planned for the Japan Pavillion...

A a big backdrop would really be nice... (IMO) :cool:

Imagineer Mitch

DISNEY NEEDS TO INSTALL A COASTER SIMILIAR TO THE "MYSTERY MINE" at DOLLYWOOD. This is my favorite "family friendy" coaster. There are enough thrills for adults and teens, but not a "hulk" of a coaster that kids can't ride. The ride system could be themed to almost anything!!!
mystery mine is a good coaster and i guess what im bout to say is bc im board of mystery mine since i live 15 minutes away from dollywood, but mystery mine is too cheap for disney but i would like the idea of disney having a coaster that goes straight up or even shoot out of the mountain, cool little ride but cheap for disney

Tim G

DISNEY NEEDS TO INSTALL A COASTER SIMILIAR TO THE "MYSTERY MINE" at DOLLYWOOD. This is my favorite "family friendy" coaster. There are enough thrills for adults and teens, but not a "hulk" of a coaster that kids can't ride. The ride system could be themed to almost anything!!!
:eek:

There's no need to shout... :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom