New Rumor Says Further Demolitions Cancelled & Clubs Could Reopen!

WDWFigment

Such is the nature of rumors such as this one!

When it comes to Pleasure Island, Disney never did keep the public informed about what was going on. It's been imbedded in secrecy from the beginning. And even the few things they actually announced never have come true.

Many are hoping that the future does now include some reopens!

I understand this is often the nature of rumors, but it seems especially the case with the Pleasure Island rumors. The "news and rumors" sites frequently cited are first and foremost fans of the island, and they will seem overly willing to latch onto any morsel of a story that has a positive outlook for PI, regardless of the quality of the source.

Nothing against the people who run those sites, I admire their fire for PI, but I think sometimes that might cloud their objectivity or rationality. Yeah, I know that sounds negative, but I really mean no disrespect to the sites. I, too, love Pleasure Island and what they're doing for the cause. I'm just not going to get my hopes up because I don't think they're a reliable source for news or rumors. :shrug:

disneyidol

Nothing against the people who run those sites, I admire their fire for PI, but I think sometimes that might cloud their objectivity or rationality. Yeah, I know that sounds negative, but I really mean no disrespect to the sites. I, too, love Pleasure Island and what they're doing for the cause. I'm just not going to get my hopes up because I don't think they're a reliable source for news or rumors. :shrug:

True story.

And not just for PI, you could easily say the same of other now defunct and beloved attractions.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I understand this is often the nature of rumors, but it seems especially the case with the Pleasure Island rumors. The "news and rumors" sites frequently cited are first and foremost fans of the island, and they will seem overly willing to latch onto any morsel of a story that has a positive outlook for PI, regardless of the quality of the source.

I'm sorry but I completely disagree. If you read the various stories that have been published, they haven't all been about hoping the clubs would reopen. When things were looking like the clubs would never reopen, the stories were not spinning and picking some glimmer of hope.

Bob gets information from various sources and reports them as rumors. That's all it is. He told me about this rumor before he even posted it on his blog and he was trying to get a 2nd source to confirm. So when you have info like that being published, plus posters here who are "in the know" adding tid bits, plus the pulling of the colonel auction from property control, it's easy to see how excitement can be generated. Heck I'm the one who told him Harley would be moving to west side way back before little mismatched opened! Did it come true right away? no, but it did eventually come true. Clearly MY source really did know what was happening.

Be skeptical, that's fine, I was so sick of the emotional rollercoaster that I'm probably equally as skeptical. However, I feel there is strong enough information to at least write a letter

WDWFigment

I'm sorry but I completely disagree. If you read the various stories that have been published, they haven't all been about hoping the clubs would reopen. When things were looking like the clubs would never reopen, the stories were not spinning and picking some glimmer of hope.

Bob gets information from various sources and reports them as rumors. That's all it is. He told me about this rumor before he even posted it on his blog and he was trying to get a 2nd source to confirm. So when you have info like that being published, plus posters here who are "in the know" adding tid bits, plus the pulling of the colonel auction from property control, it's easy to see how excitement can be generated. Heck I'm the one who told him Harley would be moving to west side way back before little mismatched opened! Did it come true right away? no, but it did eventually come true. Clearly MY source really did know what was happening.

Be skeptical, that's fine, I was so sick of the emotional rollercoaster that I'm probably equally as skeptical. However, I feel there is strong enough information to at least write a letter

Fair enough. I will readily admit that I don't read their blog on a daily basis, and that I'm going off of my recollection of what rumors they've posted that I've read that have not come to fruition. Their track record could certainly be much better than I think it is. I will concede that.

Anyway, since I don't want to (unintentionally) bash the site (like I said, I admire their fire), I'll just leave the veracity of their rumors alone. I certainly HOPE they're right!!!

menamechris

The only thing we can be certain of is there is no real plan. Whatever rumor may be going around today could be axed tomorrow. And whatever plans or announcements come from WDW - they are not evidence of any real direction for DTD.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
The only thing we can be certain of is there is no real plan. Whatever rumor may be going around today could be axed tomorrow. And whatever plans or announcements come from WDW - they are not evidence of any real direction for DTD.

My feelings exactly. TDO seems to be completely clueless with regards to the former PI.

71jason

Fair enough. I will readily admit that I don't read their blog on a daily basis, and that I'm going off of my recollection of what rumors they've posted that I've read that have not come to fruition.

Just because something didn't come to pass doesn't mean it wasn't on the table. The "motor boat" restaurant, for example--it's still hyped on the parent company's site, and guys on the boards with solid track records confirmed it was in the plans as well. The fact that it hasn't been built, and possibly never will be built, doesn't mean the original rumor wasn't true at that time.

And in Bob's defense, he broke the story of the old PI clubs being demolished--hardly "a positive outlook." Obviously he wants the clubs, or some semblance of nightlife, back at Disney, but ultimately he puts everything out there.

Mouse Detective

I just sent an email to every address here. PLEASE EVERYONE ELSE DO THE SAME.

Yes, it's better to have loved and lost, then to never have loved at all. If a 2-minute email sent to several E-mail addresses influences anyone, great. If it does not, then only 2 minutes of our lives wasted.

Lee

Adventurer
I just sent an email to every address here. PLEASE EVERYONE ELSE DO THE SAME.

Yes, it's better to have loved and lost, then to never have loved at all. If a 2-minute email sent to several E-mail addresses influences anyone, great. If it does not, then only 2 minutes of our lives wasted.

I just sent them all one of these...

Attachments

• SaveAdvClub.jpg
    SaveAdvClub.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 145

NoChesterHester

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom