Rumor New ride coming to Animal Kingdom. D23 announcement expected.

TrojanUSC

I do think people confuse Dinoland with Chester & Hester's Dino-rama. Dinoland itself is fine, it's not great but the the "expedition" feeling of Restaurantasaurus, the Dino Institute, etc. Those are all fine and fit well within DAK. Chester & Hester's, added in a haste well after the park opened to quell complaints about not enough rides, is a whole separate thing and the two don't really need to be combined.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For those just tuning in:

Talk about dirt piles and construction is not about something happening at DAK. It was a reference to Universal's Epic Universe which is just land prep at the moment. Why was it brought up? Because someone had to make a reference about how fast Uni builds things compared to Disney.

Also brought into the conversation is a likely Brazil pavilion that's going to be built in Epcot. Why? Because D23 is coming up and there's an announcement of a surprise project, and so, a discussion of maybe something in DAK, or, the not-so-secret Brazil pavilion. Also, the OP mentioned that there was something new coming to DAK to be announced at D23 unless it gets pulled from being announced like the Brazil pavilion announcement was pulled at the last minute at 2017's D23.

To summarize, if the OP and our Insiders are correct:
  • There will be an announcement at D23 of a new ride (land? re-doing?) at DAK
  • There will be an announcement at D23 of a Brazil pavilion at Epcot
  • Nothing for either project has started construction or land prep
  • One or the other or neither will be the surprise secret project announced at D23
  • Everyone who keeps arguing whether Zootopia belongs or doesn't belong in DAK is insufferable
  • Everyone who keeps bringing up Uni v. Disney is insufferable
  • Everyone who gets high and mighty about rumors launched via projectile from left field is insufferable (especially when the backpeddling all these things has been so great lately that Willie Mays would be proud ⚾️ )

...I agree wholeheartedly

Surferboy567

A certain site at the end of the article stating that multiple spectaculars are coming for the 50th state “that’s not all that is coming to animal kingdom” since we are so close to the expo I seriously think we are getting something big even without this certain site saying something...any insiders or others want to share any thoughts? @marni1971 I summon thee, anything you can tell us? Is this even a legit thing?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
A certain site at the end of the article stating that multiple spectaculars are coming for the 50th state “that’s not all that is coming to animal kingdom” since we are so close to the expo I seriously think we are getting something big even without this certain site saying something...any insiders or others want to share any thoughts? @marni1971 I summon thee, anything you can tell us? Is this even a legit thing?
Oh, are you talking about Disneyland Hawai'i?
Pros:
Tourist traffic, check.
Year-round climate, check.
DVC already in place, check.
Depressed economic climate providing workers at low wages, check.
Lots of available land, check (with the added bonus of additional land being added periodically!)
Great spot for a nuclear power plant, check.

Cons:
Tropical weather (like Florida)
Enmity towards outsiders
Expense of shipping goods
Occasional volcanic/earthquake activity (like California)

Surferboy567

Oh, are you talking about Disneyland Hawai'i?
Pros:
Tourist traffic, check.
Year-round climate, check.
DVC already in place, check.
Depressed economic climate providing workers at low wages, check.
Lots of available land, check (with the added bonus of additional land being added periodically!)
Great spot for a nuclear power plant, check.

Cons:
Tropical weather (like Florida)
Enmity towards outsiders
Expense of shipping goods
Occasional volcanic/earthquake activity (like California)

Huh? I get this is a joke just not getting this.

rle4lunch

So, PW is still down right? Dino was being tested last year for something, right(?) (remember the mounted infared cameras on the ride vehicles?), TS is a throwaway anyway that can be transported to DHS as the new Indy ride (semi joking)... What am I missing? All signs point to a massive (or mediocre due to budget restraints 2 years into the refurb) refurb of Dinoland.

deeevo

Rhino Ralley at BGT was a really cool concept for combining seeing animals with a thrilling element. Sure, it was plagued with issues, but it would have been neat to see something like that done by Disney (i.e. properly landscaped, properly executed, etc)
Kilimanjaro Safaris reminds me of Rhino Ralley in a way.

Touchdown

It has it's similarities for sure, but that added element of the jeep stopping on the pontoon bridge, then the pontoon "breaking loose" and floating down the river was quite an interesting twist.

On paper, it really wasn’t all that exciting, the rapids were really tame and the ride slower then I expected. I think the issue was that the Jeep was a free standing vehicle, and in order to give a more wild ride they needed a track (or wireless) led vehicle that could be precisely locked in place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom