Rumor New ride coming to Animal Kingdom. D23 announcement expected.

BlakeW39

Just a quick internet search shows these pieces of concept art.View attachment 398220View attachment 398221 While it definitely would have issues, I know there +are other “boat safari” rides out there. aX
For instance, I seem to recall hearing about one at a Mexican nature park called Xcaret.

Ah yes I've seen those. For some reason I remembered it using the same ride vehicle.

If there's one thing I can probably teach you all something about - it's zoology. It's kind of my thing haha. But I can tell you right now; an AZA zoo from *Disney* cannot do that. Maybe there would be a technical loop hole, but for the sake of the animals, they should not be in that type of environment. They'd have to pull off something really special to fix the innate problems with that idea... River Run can't happen (and didn't for a reason).

The Mexican ride you're talking about is not a comparable ride to TRR in any way btw.

A good boat ride with animals alongside would be very difficult, perhaps impossible, to do with automated vehicles. They would likely need a CM on board having some sort of control of the boat’s movement as well as communication with other CMs. And today’s Disney tends to spend hundreds of millions to bring down ops costs rather than just spend tens of millions on ops because it looks slightly better on the balance sheet. Just one of many reasons it’ll likely never happen, unfortunately, and one of the reasons they have no intention of adding animals to the park. Animal Kingdom would’ve never been built under the Bobs.

Sadly, you might be all too right. I just don't see the Bobs creating the South America everyone keeps asking for - and I really don't see them attempting another Kilimanjaro.

Not to mention... large cats kinda like to swim ;)

Well not really, jaguars and tigers do. But they can't swim in the rapids water regardless, lol..? I think you're understanding my saying they hate water, no, but no animal wants to be in a chaotic environment daily. They *live* there 24/7 and must have a stable environment. 2min of ride time isn't a barrier to that environment. Nor is a glass wall.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I thought the rumor was Kali?
It’s a joke.

Anyway, once again... what we didn’t get

924DF96D-F39E-495B-8504-05DF2ED5D18B.jpeg

For reference the cluster of trees centre bottom is Kali.

Admiral01

Premium Member
A little off topic, and perhaps I missed something somewhere - what is this building being built at DAK between Lion King and the walkway to Pandora?

Attachments

• 5A4E3DAF-489A-44EB-A0DF-21A573A0CE6C.jpeg
    5A4E3DAF-489A-44EB-A0DF-21A573A0CE6C.jpeg
    220.7 KB · Views: 95

Kman101

Zootopia: isn't that a movie about animals. If so, it definitely fits the Animal Kingdom theme. ;)

Congrats! You can now be a Disney executive!! ;) LOL That's exactly what they'd probably say to justify it. I mean, it's already being built in Shanghai so why not clone it? Sigh .... lol

Kman101

I don’t think it’s one of the worst. Rapids rides are generally weak. Disney’s are better than most. Kali is merely Disney’s worst. Tiger Rapids Run would have been quite nice. And since the ride was built to be Asia’s E-ticket and the first “expansion” of the park (not exactly since it was already under construction when the park opened, but it opened just before the park’s first birthday) it shouldn’t have been value engineered.

So which rapids ride is worse? Just wondering because Kali is pretty much top tier bad. And it's bad in the sense that there's not much to it. What's there is nice enough.

You said it yourself, it shouldn't have been value engineered.

It's not interesting or exciting. It's something else to do in the park and you may get wet.

BlakeW39

So which rapids ride is worse? Just wondering because Kali is pretty much top tier bad. And it's bad in the sense that there's not much to it. What's there is nice enough.

You said it yourself, it shouldn't have been value engineered.

It's not interesting or exciting. It's something else to do in the park and you may get wet.

Well I don't know if it's *that* bad. I'm not drawn to it, skip it on most trips, and would rather just ride one of DAK's much better eides again; because it's boring ans there isn't much to it. But it isn't terrible or anything I object to vehemently.

That said rapids rides aren't all that to me so I really couldn't answer your questions. I often skip good ones.

Kman101

Well I don't know if it's *that* bad. I'm not drawn to it, skip it on most trips, and would rather just ride one of DAK's much better eides again; because it's boring ans there isn't much to it. But it isn't terrible or anything I object to vehemently.

That said rapids rides aren't all that to me so I really couldn't answer your questions. I often skip good ones.

I don't care much about rapids rides either but I still look forward to going on Grizzly again in DCA. I haven't been on Kali in probably a decade. So I agree. I wasn't defending it or anything, lol, I was agreeing it's bad, and not sure what Mansion thinks is worse since they admitted as we all knew it was value engineered, too short and not enough to see. It's very blah.

BlakeW39

I don't care much about rapids rides either but I still look forward to going on Grizzly again in DCA. I haven't been on Kali in probably a decade. So I agree. I wasn't defending it or anything, lol, I was agreeing it's bad, and not sure what Mansion thinks is worse since they admitted as we all knew it was value engineered, too short and not enough to see. It's very blah.

Well I would assume he means it isn't offensive, which it isn't; it's just very, very bland. It's low thrills, really low on show elements, and short on time. But in a park with Dinorama... I don't even think there's room for complaints lol

Kman101

Well I would assume he means it isn't offensive, which it isn't; it's just very, very bland. It's low thrills, really low on show elements, and short on time. But in a park with Dinorama... I don't even think there's room for complaints lol

True. It's bad in an offensive "this is AWFUL" but it's close. It is very very bland. Low on thrills and short on time. But yeah, if you compare it to Dinorama Carnival Games .... it's a winner! lol

I'm also kind of surprised the pass some seem to be giving Dinorama. I think some folks need to understand, for me, there's a big difference between Dinoland itself and the Dinorama Carnival Area.

BlakeW39

True. It's bad in an offensive "this is AWFUL" but it's close. It is very very bland. Low on thrills and short on time. But yeah, if you compare it to Dinorama Carnival Games .... it's a winner! lol

I'm also kind of surprised the pass some seem to be giving Dinorama. I think some folks need to understand, for me, there's a big difference between Dinoland itself and the Dinorama Carnival Area.

People give Dinoland a pass because they don't hold standards high enough for Disney. If it were at Cedar Point it'd be a fun area. It isn't. They're judging Dinoland on its own merits rather than a part of a whole - DAK, which is consistently too good for this ketchup stain.

I for one am tired of Joe Rhode defending this outhouse of a Dinosaur land with 'fake asphalt' (and I admire Joe Rhode SO much). Dinosaurs write themselves..? It's probably the easiest concept to build a land upon so long as money is involved as it was with Pandora.

EDITED*

ImperfectPixie

People give Dinoland a pass because they don't hold standards high enough for Disney. If it were at Cedar Point it'd be a fun area. It isn't. They're judging Dinoland on its own merits rather than a part of a whole - DAK, which is consistently too good for this ketchup stain.

I for one am tired of Joe Rhode defending this outhouse of a Dinosaur land with 'fake asphalt' (and I admire Joe Rhode SO much). Dinosaurs write themselves..? It's probably the easiest concept to build a land upon so long as money is involved as it was with Pandora.

EDITED*
Honestly, there's a long, winding walking trail through a patch of woods with fog effects throughout and dinos (most static, some with limited motion, all with sound effects) at the tiny Edaville Railroad park literally about 8 miles from my house that is WAY more enjoyable than Din-o-Rama.

BlakeW39

Honestly, there's a long, winding walking trail through a patch of woods with fog effects throughout and dinos (most static, some with limited motion, all with sound effects) at the tiny Edaville Railroad park literally about 8 miles from my house that is WAY more enjoyable than Din-o-Rama.

^^and THAT is what a roadside dinosaur attraction looks like. A carnival is a cheap way for Disney to build cheap rides and games; real roadside dinosaur attractions are walkthroughs and museums, or even slow ride-throughs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom