New Retro Shirts at Mouse Gear!!

WDWFigment

Oh man, it sure is. If the remake looked exactly like this, I'd call them and try to buy right now. But I don't think I like the current design enough to pay the extra money for the mail order. I doubt they'll have trouble selling them out by Oct. 1 though :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if you have better luck than that. Some of the ones released earlier this year ended up going on clearance!

dxwwf3

I wouldn't be surprised if you have better luck than that. Some of the ones released earlier this year ended up going on clearance!

But they weren't released this close to the 25th. I highly doubt there will be many (if any) of these shirts left on the shelves when October 2nd comes around.

SDav10495

Anybody have measurements?

Seconded...chest? Arms? Anything? I'm small, so I'm probably looking at a medium, but shirts are all so different...

God, we're picky. :rolleyes:

ETA: Seeing the photo of the shirt tag on eBay reminded me of an old EPCOT Center beach towel I have (it's kind of rainbow design featuring Spaceship Earth, fountain sculpture, old palm trees, Imagination, and The Land). It's super cool on it's own, but what makes it cooler is that the tag has a little flub--it's property of Disney (c) 1892! Might there be any interest in that on eBay? :animwink: (Not that I'd ever, ever let it go...)

jessfriends

Seconded...chest? Arms? Anything? I'm small, so I'm probably looking at a medium, but shirts are all so different...

God, we're picky. :rolleyes:

ETA: Seeing the photo of the shirt tag on eBay reminded me of an old EPCOT Center beach towel I have (it's kind of rainbow design featuring Spaceship Earth, fountain sculpture, old palm trees, Imagination, and The Land). It's super cool on it's own, but what makes it cooler is that the tag has a little flub--it's property of Disney (c) 1892! Might there be any interest in that on eBay? :animwink: (Not that I'd ever, ever let it go...)

Thats so cool LOL! Do you have a picture of the towel???

jessfriends

This is pathetic but my friend is going to Disney in a week so I'm asking him to pick up a shirt.:p

LOL!!! I thought I was pathetic....I had my dad ask a co-worker (who I don't know) who went in the spring to get me 2 of the previous retro shirts. Right now I have a friend who is going to Universal on the 11th. Too bad they are not going to Disney so I could get my shirts. I am planning/calculating my money to see if I can get both now. That is if I have enough money and can get the right person on mail order.

crassmonkey

forgive me if this has been said on the thread already, but I don't have much time here at work to read it all :

where's the best place to find these retro shirts in the park?

RHeath2

Picked up these two and the repeating EPCOT Center one a couple days ago. These look great and will help fill out my wardrobe for the 25th!

Figment82

Original Poster
The two new shirts appear to be selling really well (especially the yellow) - there are very few left in stock. Hopefully this will send a positive message to create more retro shirts as there truly is a market out there for them.

SDav10495

To those who have bought the shirts--anything noteworthy about how they fit? Do they run smaller than usual? Larger? The same as any other shirt? As I think I said earlier I'm a small guy and might sometimes go for a small if it's a "vintage" look, but I don't want anything too small...that said, if a medium is running large it won't look right.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think they learned their lesson from the first batch of shirts, where the fitted "girl" shirts didn't sell.

All of the current selection are the sorta boxy men's t-shirt style. On the rack they literally look identicle in terms of shape and fit.

I guess people who'd wear tinker bell baby doll t's aren't the same people who'd buy an Epcot Center t-shirt.

TinkerBell9988

I think they learned their lesson from the first batch of shirts, where the fitted "girl" shirts didn't sell.

All of the current selection are the sorta boxy men's t-shirt style. On the rack they literally look identicle in terms of shape and fit.

I guess people who'd wear tinker bell baby doll t's aren't the same people who'd buy an Epcot Center t-shirt.

Not true... At least in my case. I'm a very petite girl who loves to wear retro-looking "geeky" WDW shirts. (Lets face it, I am one of those geeks, and proud of it :lol: )

All of my vintage WDW shirts that I've bought on ebay are child shirts, which fit me much like the baby-doll style shirts that were at MouseGear a couple months ago. Personally, I much prefer the styles and designs of the men's EPCOT Center retro shirts.

Unfortunately for other small people like me, MouseGear was all out of Smalls for both new retro styles two days ago. I'll be heading back to Epcot tonight or tomorrow to see if they have any more. I'm crossing my fingers... :D

TheBeatles

Not true... At least in my case. I'm a very petite girl who loves to wear retro-looking "geeky" WDW shirts. (Lets face it, I am one of those geeks, and proud of it :lol: )

All of my vintage WDW shirts that I've bought on ebay are child shirts, which fit me much like the baby-doll style shirts that were at MouseGear a couple months ago. Personally, I much prefer the styles and designs of the men's EPCOT Center retro shirts.

Unfortunately for other small people like me, MouseGear was all out of Smalls for both new retro styles two days ago. I'll be heading back to Epcot tonight or tomorrow to see if they have any more. I'm crossing my fingers... :D

You sound awesome. :) Please PM me if you have any pictures of your vintage shirts. I collect and wear vintage shirts.

There is a variation of the EPCOT Center yellow shirt on eBay right now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-DISNEY-...ryZ28022QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

RHeath2

Happen to have one of the EPCOT 82 football jersey style t-shirts? My parents cleaned out their closet and found the matching pair they had from a while back and gave them to me. Now if a shirt like that was brought back...:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom